Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys have bowed to the strain of having an old AMD64 3700+ cpu and decided to go for a oppy 146 an asus A8n premium deluxe to go with my setup .Iknow everyone in this forum will say go with DFI mobo but have decided on a board with a bios i know and understand

Havin 2 K8N mobos left over and a cpu has left me in a bit of a muddle options are
1 Sell the cpu and 2 x Asus K8N4-e mobos (one still brand new in the box)
2 Build a pc up to sell (probably make a profit)
3 build a folding machine

what do you reckon

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Don't worry about people telling you to get a DFI - stick to Asus

It depends if you need the money from selling the 2 motherboards and CPU to put towards the Opteron and A8N. If you can afford to get the new stuff, then make up a second (?) PC

• Rep+
Reactions: markuk3

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i sold the cpu and mobos iw ould buy another 7800gt to work in sli with the other .But i dont need the money to do that . i still have a 3200 clawhammer as a spare anyway so that might as well go as well

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
The #2 option is always a great plan... making money to improve the other PC is good

BTW... Asus are great boards too, each has it's advantages.

• Rep+
Reactions: markuk3

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i have decided to sell then seperatelyi also have a 6800 ultra agp and an aiw 9800 pro .And of course there is the clawhammer any ideas on prices for all sigurlaly of course thewn i,ll put them in the for sale section Thanks for help

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Don't turn this into a for sale thread guys. Steglegs please use PMs to talk to markuk3 about this.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was wondering why you were selling the 3700+... you called it an old AMD64....is the 3700+ really that old? Doesn't it have 1Meg cache like the opty and similar core? or are those the new 3700+

I'm also thinking on upgrading my mobo but don't really wanna try DFI, I'm no newb but no one likes hassles. THinkign about asus as well because my last p4c800-E dlx was a charm.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Its a 754 3700

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a 754 Which is slowly going out of date and it has had it,s best The 939 support dual channel ram and sli .Please dont ask for prices (i will create a thread in the for sale section this evening .Just wanted to see what everyone thought i should charge

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ahh got it. Thanks for the clearup.
There have been a few threads about the new 148 stepping that is doing quite well.. hopefully the 146 is the same way.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by markuk3

Its a 754 Which is slowly going out of date and it has had it,s best The 939 support dual channel ram and sli

Socket 754 has SLI, though your options are limited to Epox, lol. Definetly get the operton if you go 939. Also, always try and sell parts instead of a whole system.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by markuk3

Its a 754 Which is slowly going out of date and it has had it,s best The 939 support dual channel ram and sli .Please dont ask for prices (i will create a thread in the for sale section this evening .Just wanted to see what everyone thought i should charge

That is why we added an Appraisals Section

1 - 16 of 16 Posts