Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying one of these off newegg later today. It is kind of funny because I do not know which one to get! I heard that the new KAB7E 3700+'s are good but also I heard the Opteron 148's on newegg are CABYE 0542, the best stepping. And also, when is the latest I can order with Next Day Fedex and still have it ship out today? Thanks dudes!

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCNerd

I am buying one of these off newegg later today. It is kind of funny because I do not know which one to get! I heard that the new KAB7E 3700+'s are good but also I heard the Opteron 148's on newegg are CABYE 0542, the best stepping. And also, when is the latest I can order with Next Day Fedex and still have it ship out today? Thanks dudes!

Thats a tough one. It seems like everyone with a newer san diego are getting great ocs. Not that the opties arent either but they seem a little hit or miss so the SD is almost a sure 3.0 stable which is why it gets my vote

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
yea i have a kab2e 3700 and i got 3.0 off the stock cooler and 1.55v seems the new steppings are gold lol but i dont wanna promise anything cause itll turn out like that opteron fad. And noone wants that

·
Registered
355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

yea i have a kab2e 3700 and i got 3.0 off the stock cooler and 1.55v seems the new steppings are gold lol but i dont wanna promise anything cause itll turn out like that opteron fad. And noone wants that

On only 1.55V? Have you pushed any higher or done any suicide runs?

·
Banned
658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

I was not aware that the CABYE 0542 steppings were the best.

They aren't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares545

1. CABNE 0528/0530
2. CABYE 0540 FPBW
3. CABYE 0540 FPMW
4. CABYE 0540 FPAW
5. CABNE 0540 / CABYE 05xx (not 0540)
6. CAB2E
7. CABGE

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your input! I wasnt aware of the CABYE 540's being better but I guess I was wrong

·
Banned
1 Posts
well I guess I am another sandy overclocker, I got mine to do 3.0Ghz too however I dont have stock HSF. I have the big typhoon so my temps are usually 31 idle and 36 max load. chipset is higher though probably from all the copper heatsinks/ no onboard fans.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, I am voting Opteron mainly because of the Newer core and because I need an adventure! Now if I can just get the dang guy who bought my Venice on ebay to pay me...

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCNerd

Hmm, I am voting Opteron mainly because of the Newer core and because I need an adventure! Now if I can just get the dang guy who bought my Venice on ebay to pay me...

Was his name Skunky??

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall82

Lol? Skunky?

Spunky

I'd vote the San Diego. Opterons are slowing down

1 - 20 of 24 Posts