Overclock.net banner

Opteron 165 time!!!

4713 Views 74 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Sideburns
Just got my Opteron 165 in the mail from NCIX.

Seems there's mixed results with this stepping.

CCBWE 0550UPMW

Let's hope to see 2.6 (hopefully 2.7) on this good 'ol xp-120.

Do you think it'll fit since the bracket's been modified for no IHS?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,224 Posts
give it a try and find out....you would know better than us. you should get 2.6 no problem, but you never know. Some chips are duds, but the odds are definetly in your favor to get high clocks.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
toss a divider on that memory and just clock the cpu, put a HUGE divider so you know it's just the chip that can be the cause of instability. Also make sure you are changing your HTT multi with the different FSB speeds..

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

1.39v is the sweetspot me thinks.

LOL, man, that's funny.....the sweet spot (which i dont really believe in) is gonna be much higher than that, and anyways, up the vcore to try. I would be starting with 1.5-1.55 and get that to 2.7.
The PWMIC temperature should be the mosfets by the cpu. I believe it measures the temperature of the current flowing from the PSu or something. Mine gets up to 50c under load.

how are your max temps under priming?

· Registered
1,224 Posts
well, it could be your bios, or your memory timings...I would give 704-2BTA a try or 623-3.
Look for others at dfi-street with the same memory and see if you can find what they are using for timings.. Other than that, try to just manually set the CPC to enabled, and the 2.5-3-3-6 timings...leave everything else at auto or default.
Increase voltage to 2.7

· Registered
1,224 Posts
increase your LDT voltage a notch, and your chipset one notch. I would still be using a divider on your memory so that it isn't even close to being the cause of instability. You dont want to be in your situation not knowing what component is failing.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
it's your memory thats slowing you down. Keep it on a divider running around 200-220 mhz while you are testing your max cpu....
You should only be focusing on your cpu at this point. Work out the strange stuff with the memory later.

And as far as your question about your memory being unstable at such a low frequency (290), if you are talking about DDR 580, that's not low...keep your memory much lower and just test the cpu only.
Once you find your cpu maximum, then you can do tweaking with dividers and such...

· Registered
1,224 Posts
have you found the max for the cpu yet? I bet you can get 2.7 out of it...seems you are figuring out your memory problem though, it's gotta be your other timings besides the normal ones..
Try setting alot of stuff to auto in your memory timings..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.