Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

· Registered
1,224 Posts
have you found the max for the cpu yet? I bet you can get 2.7 out of it...seems you are figuring out your memory problem though, it's gotta be your other timings besides the normal ones..
Try setting alot of stuff to auto in your memory timings..

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Seems like my motherboard is part of the problem maybe. It was always finicky with low multi/high FSB with my 3500+ too...always had to use the stock multi to get anything good... Might have to work with tight timings and a divider...

Only time will tell. Thanks guys...will keep updated

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Looks like now that I have the new bios...my chip seems to like voltage.

ALthough...loading at 50C and the pwmic going up to 56-57 isn't that great...

Time to invest in water cooling? Add that to the list...lol, eff that...save for phase! Anyways...I just thought I'd let you know that I'm now running at 1.4v and it's a little more stable. I'm testing at 2475Mhz right now (but ram is still on a 166 divider to stay stable :-( )....I wish I could USE my 300 FSB!!!

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beserkjay

Any updates?

I got it to prime for 20 minutes large ffts at 2475. With a big divider.

Now I'm working on 2520. It's not looking that great. This is ghetto if you ask me. Working on the ram right now as that seems to be what's making or breaking the stability.

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

i know that Mhz is important and So is the timings, but someone showed that higher DDr ram had looser timings(with more mhz) and lower DDr ram has lower mhz and tighter timings, which one is more important?

It all depends. If you can only get 220 at 2-2-2-5 and you can get 270 at 2.5-4-3-6 then obvs the 270 would be your bet. Usually it's more beneficial to go with the 1:1 ratio. unless you have REALLY good bh-5 then you're not going to see the advantages of 2-2-2-5 well past 250 up to maybe even 265/270.

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

and you should change that in your Spec section, im proud of my opteron 165

I'm not changing it until it's stable. I might have to RMA it for another one if it keeps being ****.

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Brought the ram up a little. (less of a divider) and it's more stable now. Looks like if it goes below 200 then it isn't stalble (the ram timings have to work for those speeds, etc.) Hopefully this isn't the max then, cause I love getting more and more Mhz as I keep tinkering.

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well...something's wrong. If I push the start button for both sp2004s within half a second...it primes for a while....if I don't get them within half a second...it primes for about 6 seconds. That's weird. I'm up to 2610 right now testing...but I'm not sure if it's stable cause it only primes if I push the buttons quick enough lol.

· Premium Member
11,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
OK...I haven't updated in a while, cause I was over on DFI-Street. They helped a LOT! (We should have a database) I sniped some memory timings from a guy there, and they really helped. I also increased my LDTv to 1.5 and now I'm 8 hours prime stable at 2565 /w 1.375 * 104% (memory on 150 divider 1.5-2-2-5). I can't get the memory to run any faster right now, but I guess it's a lot better than running stock. Surprisinly it's almost the same performance of my 3500+ other than memory bandwidth, so I'm happy for now. Thanks for all the help, and if anyone has any quesitons feel free.

(PS - If you want to run dual SP2004, it's a good idea to make to copies with two separate shortcuts. That's what makes it fail within 6 seconds.)

EDIT: My profile will be updated in about 1 minute with all my benchmark scores in case you're wondering.

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
DID you see the post on remove IHS, replace white stuff with AS5 replace IHS post. Seems the temp drop was very good and simular to a naked CPU!!!
Sweet concept, greater cooling and safety if IHS

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
IHS = Intergrated Heat Sink ... the metal cover over the CPU.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.