1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm not familiar with English currency, but the opterons are by far the best single core AMD processors out today....Get it, you wont be disappointed, they are very hard to find !!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - i cant find the stepping - it only ever says Stepping: E4

is this any good?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yes, that's same as mine....I wouldn't worry about the True stepping, most have shown to hit 2.6-2.8 on stock volts..

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester

thanks - i cant find the stepping - it only ever says Stepping: E4

is this any good?

That's an excellent price, but it says Special Order so doubt there would be any in stock. Could try though.
If you're interested, CPU City have them in stock:
http://www.cpucityshop.co.uk/product...a451b2d08f4c2c
and they announce the stepping. These have proven to be good overclockers; pretty much reaching 2.8Ghz on stock voltages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey great find! I was going to order a 144 from overclockers today but the price went up £10 but after stumbling on this thread you have shown me the way to a cheeper 146 processor!!!!

From what i have read most will clock to and past 2.6 but if you have the choice go for a CABNE stepping, and try not to get a CABGE stepping.

Any way yet again cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same Stepping I got is the CACJE 0546 which I have mine running @ 2.96 Mhz. It runs great at 2.9 @ 1.49 vcore. These are awesome processors!!! -Micah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts