Overclock.net banner

Optimal BIOS Settings

1760 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  PC Enthusiast
Hi Guys.
I want to start playing around with overclocking but I'm battling to even find some sort of guide on the optimal BIOS settings for my system as is (not overclocked) therefore I don't know if my starting point is correct and if my machine is optimally set up?

Some guidance would be much appreciated.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I can't guarantee it, but I am pretty sure that the guide here will be of use to you... it sure was to me! It applies to Phenoms, so I think it'd help.

I followed it pretty closely and took all the steps with my 940, and wound up with a nice stable OC. (You sys details don't say whether your chip is a black edition, i.e. with an unlocked multiplier, but either way, the guide will help you through the right steps.)

Good luck!
Thx, I will take a look at the guide and let u know if it was usefull, my CPU is black edition by the way.
Oh, cool, well yeah, BEs are much easier to oc than others, that's the entire point. But I wanted to still experiment with adjust the fsb so my oc combines both. Enjoy
LANPARTY DK 790FXB-M2RSH Manual? (right click & save as if you just want to dl)

>From here<

otherwise the default settings will work just fine.
Thx, Cyclometric, guide did help. Also my watercooling is up and running and normal temp came down from +-45 degC to 20 degC. I've taken the CPU up from 3.4GHz to 3.8GHz and I don't even see a diffirence in temp yet. I should have lots of overclocking room left. I'm just a bit scared of fiddling with voltages.

Which applications are best for testing the results of overclocking?

Regards
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.