Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 4681 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has experiences with Optimus CPU Waterblocks. I just ordered one of there AM4 blocks out. There aren't many reviews out there except the hardocp one (using the intel v1 block) and they had some very good results.

·
I can count to potato
711 Posts
I hadn't heard of them until a week ago when they posted their new product line on Reddit. Their Foundation Ryzen block definitely has my attention, but I'm not sure if it would be enough better than my currently owned blocks to justify buying.

Definitely curious to see some reviews on the Ryzen block since it's supposedly optimized for the chiplet layout.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i will be doing some testing. Whether to use the heatkiller or optimus block.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I never heard of them,But the block design looks good enough to me to run,I do love how basic their fittings and pump/res looks.Some of us like the bare basic simple design to things like that.

·
Newsfiend
2,401 Posts
Ah, they are still alive. They didn't even have an AMD block when I went looking for my build so I assumed they went defunct.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Duh, I just ordered Anfi-Tec Drei. It's not perfect (nearly) but should also cool the new Ryzen well. I do have not yet 3K series Ryzen. I talked with Martin Beck and he said improvement could be only 1°C or less. I could do also some mini review when I get that 3950X...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information. I still want to do some test. If the performance is not much difference, I am going to use either the Black Nickel CPU IV block as i think full metal blocks looks the best, in particular the black nickel. We have not seen many improvement in water blocks and radiators for long time.

·
The 6502 Still Rocks
745 Posts
It looks like their new Foundation blocks have abandoned the idea of the occasional thick fin for o-ring support. They do look good though.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got the block.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Finally I got mine. That was quite expensive for a block. Total cost was 165$ (150€). I ordered the cheapest one the black model. The Anfi-Tec Drei block is still in the delivery. I still not have the new Ryzen 3950X CPU. It was delayed to november. I can still compare those blocks to 2700X and later to the 3000 series.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my AM4 plexi block and put it on over the weekend. Previously, I had the Bykski AM4 TR4 block on a 3900X.
Comparing the temps at load with the same settings, I'm noticing a 5C improvement.

- PBO on, P95 small FFT
Bkyski - 97C
Optimus - 92C

- Gaming (Civ 6)
Bykski - 70C
Optimus - 62C

NOTE: I have it installed in the default orientation it came in (ie. inlet at bottom, outlet at top). Not sure if this is the optimal orientation?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I received my AM4 plexi block and put it on over the weekend. Previously, I had the Bykski AM4 TR4 block on a 3900X.
Comparing the temps at load with the same settings, I'm noticing a 5C improvement.

- PBO on, P95 small FFT
Bkyski - 97C
Optimus - 92C

- Gaming (Civ 6)
Bykski - 70C
Optimus - 62C

NOTE: I have it installed in the default orientation it came in (ie. inlet at bottom, outlet at top). Not sure if this is the optimal orientation?
Bykski is not the best CPU block but still quite impressive. And I just ordered for my setup a Bykski GPU block for Radeon 5700XT :d Because I did not want EKWB and not Alphacool. Seems I can do comparison with: Anfi-Tech Drei, Optimus Foundation and old Aqua Computer Derlin.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bykski is not the best CPU block but still quite impressive. And I just ordered for my setup a Bykski GPU block for Radeon 5700XT :d Because I did not want EKWB and not Alphacool. Seems I can do comparison with: Anti-Tech Drei, Optimus Foundation and old Aqua Computer Derlin.
That is about right. The Bykski and Heatkiller are about 2 degree apart themselves. So 5 degrees difference would be correct.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am curious if anyone bought optimus GPU waterblock. I want to see how it performs so i can determine the direction for the 3080TI.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have now both CPU block. Optimus is so nicely finished. But also Anfi-Tec Drei looks promising even the heat plate is thinner than Optimus block. I can't wait to test the performance of them. Anfi-Tec Drei came in the sealed can and I had to open it up /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

1 - 20 of 4681 Posts