·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
he didn't include modular. :p

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
I saw that too. I wonder if aquacomputer was like heatkiller non-external rads where they designed it for low fan speeds hence why it performed poorly with high speed fans. Heatkiller new rads were suppose to be for low speed fans according to last known info.

·
everywhere and nowhere
332 Posts
zero solder flux, zero nastiness, sweet looks.

I also own them.

Differ all you like. I have no problem.
I prefer HardwareLabs SR-2 Mulitport, my fav :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
well, trying to get this thread back on topic.... I cant wait to finally have time to see how this block performs tomorrow. If my alternative mounting method works, and this block performs as good as it looks, man ill be happy

·
Petrolhead
192 Posts
well, trying to get this thread back on topic.... I cant wait to finally have time to see how this block performs tomorrow. If my alternative mounting method works, and this block performs as good as it looks, man ill be happy
Waiting for your tests! Keep us updated please!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
just got new optimus block, my room temp~33*c, so i got good result? :D prime95 in 20 min

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: ugotd8

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
Nory retested with normal setup as suggested by Optimus. Better results View attachment 312610
6c improvement on bare die seems correct :)

Our "Regular" Optimus Signature block is the standard one with the curvature. The ultra flat version is really for lapped IHS.

In Nory's scenario, the bare die bracket isn't perfect, perventing the flat Signature block from making correct contact.

With the standard Signature, the curvature of the cold plate matches both the Intel IHS and the shape of the bare die. So you get max contact, regardless of die brackets.

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
6c improvement on bare die seems correct :)

Our "Regular" Optimus Signature block is the standard one with the curvature. The ultra flat version is really for lapped IHS.

In Nory's scenario, the bare die bracket isn't perfect, perventing the flat Signature block from making correct contact.

With the standard Signature, the curvature of the cold plate matches both the Intel IHS and the shape of the bare die. So you get max contact, regardless of die brackets.
Hi,
You keep saying that
But in fact there is no difference in a lapped ihs and bare die both are flat.

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
Hi,
You keep saying that
Correct, but the die brackets aren't perfectly flat. The ideal would be our flat block with a correctly made die bracket.

But die brackets tend to raise beyond the top of the die. So when our flat block is on there, it won't make correct contact with the die -- there's a gap.

With our regular Signature, there is a bow the shape of the die that is able to go into the recessed die pocket, thus making correct contact.

·
Petrolhead
192 Posts
just got new optimus block, my room temp~33*c, so i got good result? :D prime95 in 20 min
Many thanks for sharing your results.

I would ask for better understanding the result, if it is possible, to also share the coolant temp and delta with ambient and version used of prime95.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
You keep saying that
Hi, these are my results. I plan to retest the 'Bare Die Version' a 2nd time.
It might have been a mount issue. When you are dealing with a lapped die, even the smallest angle can skew #s off.

As mentioned, after looking at the results, and then looking at Optimus' block, i understand why their regular version works so well.
The curvature is enhanced by the jet plate. If you compare the width and length of the jet plate to the 9900k die size, it covers it really well. This is important, because the cold plates curvature 'peak' plateaus over the Die of a 9900K.

Attachments

·
Overclocker in training
14,316 Posts
Hi,
Each direct die mount frame comes with it's own mounting hardware so why use the blocks.
Delidded is always different but if the block can't go farther down I'd imagine it's again the factory mounting studs... that is the problem or the surface of the cold plate is too big to go down anymore conflicting with the socket or maybe other items.

321 - 340 of 7246 Posts