Overclock.net banner
6,241 - 6,260 of 14,743 Posts
I’ll take your preorder. That way you can quit your bitching and put on your big boy pants.
After this rant if I was them I’d just cancel your order completely. Children shouldn’t be allowed to preorder
I don't know why you're always apologizing for Optimus. The complaints people have in this thread are all valid, and Optimus deserves to be called out for it. And even if people repeat it ad nauseum, it's still worth calling them out.

Look at Optimus's competitors, such as Watercool and Aquacomputer. They haven't been delaying release of their blocks for another 2 weeks into perpetuity. They've given realistic time lines from the start, and then communicated pretty early on that it would be delayed even further. They're playing it very conservative, and communicate to their customers. Two things Optimus isn't doing. That is why people are pissed at Optimus.

I was pissed of too, but mainly because they were holding on to my GPU I had sent in. Now that I have it back, I can wait however long it takes to get the block as I'm getting it for free. But everyone else here paid cold hard cash for it under the assumption they would've received their block a month ago (initial ETA was mid November). So yeah, I get why people are pissed. And you ridiculing people for complaining doesn't help.

• Rep+
Reactions: gengar
I don't know why you're always apologizing for Optimus. The complaints people have in this thread are all valid, and Optimus deserves to be called out for it. And even if people repeat it ad nauseum, it's still worth calling them out.

Look at Optimus's competitors, such as Watercool and Aquacomputer. They haven't been delaying release of their blocks for another 2 weeks into perpetuity. They've given realistic time lines from the start, and then communicated pretty early on that it would be delayed even further. They're playing it very conservative, and communicate to their customers. Two things Optimus isn't doing. That is why people are pissed at Optimus.

I was pissed of too, but mainly because they were holding on to my GPU I had sent in. Now that I have it back, I can wait however long it takes to get the block as I'm getting it for free. But everyone else here paid cold hard cash for it under the assumption they would've received their block a month ago (initial ETA was mid November). So yeah, I get why people are pissed. And you ridiculing people for complaining doesn't help.
Did you seriously believe complaining would get you your block quicker? Otherwise this is all for performance. So I’ll gladly call out the adults for throwing a public tantrum. You’re welcome to cancel your order if you can’t wait, otherwise if your going to put in a public show then except to be called out on it.
Don’t like it? Then don’t do it.

Did you seriously believe complaining would get you your block quicker? Otherwise this is all for performance. So I’ll gladly call out the adults for throwing a public tantrum. You’re welcome to cancel your order if you can’t wait, otherwise if your going to put in a public show then except to be called out on it.
Don’t like it? Then don’t do it.
If people didn't complain, nothing would ever change. As then a business/politician/whatever would think people are content with the way things are.

Just fyi I placed an order for the 3090 FTW3 block from Optimus day 1 on the 2nd batch release. My email was asking if I would receive mine from that group this year or would it be January or further. The response I got was it was too hard to say when. So if you are in that group I wouldn't expect to receive anything this year and plan for sometime within the first quarter of next year would be my guess.

From everything I have seen, Optimus is the king of overpromising and underdelivering. I was the 2nd person to reply to this thread back when it was first opened and was curious to see what they were bringing to the market. Here we are 300+ pages deep and every time I have bothered to check in, the thread is full of upset people.

AMD Signature block - Never happened
2080ti Blocks - Delayed so long the 3xxx series came out
3xxx blocks- What everyone is currently crying about

I'm willing to give a new company a pass for the first few months as they are figuring out the logistics and working out supplier issues, but it's been well over a year and they still don't seem to have things figured out very well.

• Rep+
Reactions: gengar
Optimus is definitely shipping the product. I agree Communication has not always been what we would prefer, but this whole conspiracy that they are straight up lying needs to stop, I mean if you want to, I guess go for it, but its not helping any one.

For the rest of us, that day has finally come!!!

Hey guys, blocks are starting to ship today. People will get email notifications with shipping info as it happens. A handful will go out today, more and more next few days, and we're keeping up the shipping through holidays.

And we do really, really appreciate everyone hanging in there :) We don't have the time to be on OCN all the time these days, so we're doing most of our communication on Twitter. OCN threads can get sidetracked fast, so it's super hard to respond to everything without refreshing constantly.

And we hear you 1000% on the delays and challenges. It has been an insane year, and that's not even including the stuff happening outside of water cooling. Practically every company has had issues during this rotting carcass that is 2020. Not that it's really any good excuse for our blown etas, but even when we thought we had built in plenty of extra time for the FTW blocks, we got stomped by the 2020 monster. And it honestly kills us every day that we're behind.

All that said, we are super proud of the continued performance and quality we're able to achieve with all our products. We'd rather not ship than ship half-baked product. Our FTW is an absolute performance and quality beast. Once you guys get the blocks, you'll be blown away. This is the best product we've ever made, it's a whole new level for us.

So our Wonka Factory is running 24/7 right now making GPUs. We'll only offer more GPUs and other blocks once they are actually in production. In the future, we'll move to only selling in-stock items.

Finally, we'll be doing a b-stock (aka cosmetic defect) big ol' sale later this month. So if anyone wants additional blocks to, ya know, sand or thrash or for 2nd/3rd systems, we'll have them available.

Hey guys, blocks are starting to ship today. People will get email notifications with shipping info as it happens. A handful will go out today, more and more next few days, and we're keeping up the shipping through holidays.

And we do really, really appreciate everyone hanging in there :) We don't have the time to be on OCN all the time these days, so we're doing most of our communication on Twitter. OCN threads can get sidetracked fast, so it's super hard to respond to everything without refreshing constantly.

And we hear you 1000% on the delays and challenges. It has been an insane year, and that's not even including the stuff happening outside of water cooling. Practically every company has had issues during this rotting carcass that is 2020. Not that it's really any good excuse for our blown etas, but even when we thought we had built in plenty of extra time for the FTW blocks, we got stomped by the 2020 monster. And it honestly kills us every day that we're behind.

All that said, we are super proud of the continued performance and quality we're able to achieve with all our products. We'd rather not ship than ship half-baked product. Our FTW is an absolute performance and quality beast. Once you guys get the blocks, you'll be blown away. This is the best product we've ever made, it's a whole new level for us.

So our Wonka Factory is running 24/7 right now making GPUs. We'll only offer more GPUs and other blocks once they are actually in production. In the future, we'll move to only selling in-stock items.

Finally, we'll be doing a b-stock (aka cosmetic defect) big ol' sale later this month. So if anyone wants additional blocks to, ya know, sand or thrash or for 2nd/3rd systems, we'll have them available.
Hell yeah! You know I will be interested! We appreciate you!

Discussion starter · #6,253 ·

Hopefully third way is ready to order. My 3090 is waiting for an block now lol.

Thanks for the update!

I completely regret my decision to cancel my batch 1 preorder. I canceled because I found the 3090 FE I've been looking for but realized the 3 year warranty does not apply to anyone except the original owner. I ended up picking up another 3080 ftw3 since then.

I'll be waiting for the b-stock, keep us updated, I'm interested.

Discussion starter · #6,255 ·
From everything I have seen, Optimus is the king of overpromising and underdelivering. I was the 2nd person to reply to this thread back when it was first opened and was curious to see what they were bringing to the market. Here we are 300+ pages deep and every time I have bothered to check in, the thread is full of upset people.

AMD Signature block - Never happened
2080ti Blocks - Delayed so long the 3xxx series came out
3xxx blocks- What everyone is currently crying about

I'm willing to give a new company a pass for the first few months as they are figuring out the logistics and working out supplier issues, but it's been well over a year and they still don't seem to have things figured out very well.
I think you are right overall but some points you can't blame anyone. In particular, the AMD Signature Block. Product lineups can change and pre-mature announcement aren't best thing but they do happen. Remember Heatkiller said they would come out with new block for Ryzen but in the end there research showed no reason too. Heatkiller has leaked out the fan controller for the longest time but even they didn't come out with it and they are pushing out products elsewhere.

Most of this thread are excited for there future products (me included) but there's no guarantee they ultimately come to fruition.

Discussion starter · #6,256 ·
Thanks for the update!

I completely regret my decision to cancel my batch 1 preorder. I canceled because I found the 3090 FE I've been looking for but realized the 3 year warranty does not apply to anyone except the original owner. I ended up picking up another 3080 ftw3 since then.

I'll be waiting for the b-stock, keep us updated, I'm interested.
It happens. The waterblock situation for 3000 Series has been pretty awful imo. I prefer to go FE/Reference versus Strix/FTW3 (cost never worth it) but unfortunately we don't have an say with Nvidia. If Founders was reference day one, i think blocks would be more widely available now. Most of the blocks aren't ready till next year. I don't even know what AMD situation is considering the overclocking card people want (that hit 2.8-3Ghz) are also AIB only.

I think you are right overall but some points you can't blame anyone. In particular, the AMD Signature Block. Product lineups can change and pre-mature announcement aren't best thing but they do happen. Remember Heatkiller said they would come out with new block for Ryzen but in the end there research showed no reason too. Heatkiller has leaked out the fan controller for the longest time but even they didn't come out with it and they are pushing out products elsewhere.

Most of this thread are excited for there future products (me included) but there's no guarantee they ultimately come to fruition.
Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed. I love that they are trying to push the envelope and come out with super premium blocks. I just think they should avoid taking preorders if they can't accurately gauge timelines for things being delivered. Their recent post stating that they are going to switch to in stock only makes way more sense for them IMO.

Discussion starter · #6,258 ·
Don't get me wrong, I want them to succeed. I love that they are trying to push the envelope and come out with super premium blocks. I just think they should avoid taking preorders if they can't accurately gauge timelines for things being delivered. Their recent post stating that they are going to switch to in stock only makes way more sense for them IMO.
Thats the good new. What’s more interesting is when botting comes to water parts lol

Lol hopefully soon so I'll give up and stop buying so much stuff.... Watercooling is a terrible addiction.

I placed my order on their site before they gave the heads up here so I imagine I'm one of the first and I haven't heard anything from optimus, neither shipping notification nor asking whether I want copper or nickel as they said on twitter they'd ask. Has anyone here heard about their order shipping or copper/nickel choice?

6,241 - 6,260 of 14,743 Posts