Overclock.net banner
6,261 - 6,280 of 14,743 Posts
And we do really, really appreciate everyone hanging in there :) We don't have the time to be on OCN all the time these days, so we're doing most of our communication on Twitter. OCN threads can get sidetracked fast, so it's super hard to respond to everything without refreshing constantly.
Why don't you send updates to your paying customers over email? How does twitter make more sense than emails?

I still need to start tuning my 3080. I haven't yet found the motivation to start increasing clock speeds and then stability testing it. I might just wait until I get the waterblock.

Otherwise it's running at 60-70 fps on average, sometimes dips below 60 in heavy scenes. This is with ultra settings and DLSS on quality on 1440p. With DLSS off, it runs at about 40fps. Game still needs a lot of optimizing, but it runs OK on the best hardware.

I might also pick up a 5950x at some point to replace my 3900x (and be set for a few years, as the next gen after this would also require going to new mobo and ram), which should give another 10-15fps I'd guess.
Please DM me when you get around to testing Cyberpunk... I'm just about to run it through some tests right now and match it up against some baselines. I think with my tuning and where it's currently at right now it should get pretty close to a stock 3090 from the data I've gathered.

Ex. On Ultra settings @ 4K, the 3090 floats right around the low 40's fps... the 3080 is right in the upper 30's fps... so I'm pretty confident that I can match the stock 3090.

The 30 series cards are pretty strong. I have a lot of flight time with pretty much all the GPU brands from the many builds and what I really appreciate about the 30 series is that the Core is made by Samsung. It has a lot of similar characteristics as my 2080Ti KP card, which also has strong core made in S.Korea. These have always been proven to be the cream of the crop... The memory is new an shiny, but they aren't as strong as Samsung chips.. I'm curious if the 3090 Ti KP card will feature Samsung memory when it launches.

Yeah, right now I am running my FTW3 with the OC BIOS capped at 400w, with a small OC netting me an average of 2055Mhz on the Core and Only 2500.5 Mhz (So just over 20,000Gbps) on the Memory, simply because if I push any more power through it, I end up exceeding 75c on the both the Core and the Memory. With the Full 450W Power being pushed through the core and running my max stable OC, I start getting Memory Temperatures approaching 90c and Core Temps exceeding 87c, which is just too far for me. I am sure the card would be fine, but as someone who has run Watercooled cards (in one form or another - Used to Use AIO's on them before upgrading to full on Watercooling years back) I just am not comfortable seeing Temps that high on my cards.

And running Ray Tracing on Ultra with CyberPunk seems to run my card just as hard as Benchmarking it does, normally with my 400w Power Limit I would see temps settle around 72c on both Memory and the core in other games, but in Cyber Punk, It settles in more around 76c on both.

In short, I can't wait for these blocks to ship! So hoping for that news to come out sometime today that shipping as begun. Probably won't happen, but a man can dream! LOL!
What's your ambient temp? I've just got done with some more in game testing at different fan speed levels and at 90% fan speed it tops out at 52C @ 2160MHz.

I can't wait to test Cyberpunk... here we go!

I can't even start my build until I have the water block. I am custom making an acrylic motherboard tray with hard line tubing, so need the block to see where the ports are so I can figure out where I need to put my bulkheads.
I know that feeling lol. Right now I'm using temporary tubing with all three 360 rads cooling just the CPU for now while the 3080 is on the stock blower. I guess it gives me more time to figure out how I want to run the new set up...

Why don't you send updates to your paying customers over email? How does twitter make more sense than emails?
This is one thing that does annoy about a lot of companies...the presumption that everyone is on all the various social media platforms. If it wasn't for the tweets being reposted here, I would have no idea that they existed. I know that many people are, and even more people in the tech community are, and I accept that I will miss out on some things, though I have yet to miss anything so important as to feel compelled to actually join any of those platforms.

That said, once the order is placed, that person is more important than the randoms out on social media. They are no longer in the position to be being marketed to, they are in the position to be supported, and twitter is not an appropriate venue for support.

There is no denying the quality of the product. They are excellent. I am in the planning stages of another build that will be Steam Punk inside an antique Victorian Steamer Trunk with copper tubing. Where this whole experience is really damaging to the company though is that I am a customer left feeling as if I am not able to count on their products in my planning. I am a customer who is not finding myself anticipating their next product.

I get that there were delays beyond their control. That is just part of the current environment we find ourselves, but I gave them over $400 nearly two months ago. The least they could have done is kept in contact, provided updates over email rather than assuming their twitter would reach their existing customers.

I am curious though if anyone here has actually received a shipping notification today?

What's your ambient temp? I've just got done with some more in game testing at different fan speed levels and at 90% fan speed it tops out at 52C @ 2160MHz.

I can't wait to test Cyberpunk... here we go!
So right now my ambient temps sits between 25c to 26c. (Every other time of the year when we aren't in our cold 3 months of the year, my room ambients sit between 27c and 30c). I have found this cooler to only be effective when its loud, right around 80% fan speed. It is quite good when it is there, but I have a custom curve set up on it to not allow it to go above 65%, simply because I prefer to keep the noise lower. Its something that has stuck with me since my studio days, I have always preferred a quiet rig, when I have headphones on I don't care, but when playing single player games I usually have the sound up on my 7.1 Surround Sound System, and it always bothers me when I get to a quiet part of the game and my fans just grab my attention, So because of that, I cap this card at 65% because its not Overly obnoxious then, and still does ok with cooling. I know that is part of the reason why my temps are so high, but I am used to having my fans completely inaudible, even when gaming for 8 hours straight, so I just need this block to arrive! LOL!

I am finding CyberPunk to be a really good benchmark with all the settings Maxed out. It really does push both the Core and the Memory. If I set a manual Fan speed to 86%, I can stabilize 2125 On the Core, and 2664Mhz on the Memory (As reported by HWinfo, so take that number times 8 and arrive at the 21,312Gbps Effective Speed, if you take the number from GPUz then its 1332Mhz, and that needs to be multiplied by 16 to get the effective speed. Still not quite sure why they all report different Metrics, Afterburner reports half the effective speed, so they all report different metrics, not sure which is the preferred method to report it, so I just usually say HWinfo's Metric and Effective so there is no confusion). So that works out for me to be +115 on the Core, and +1155 on the Memory.

Then if we take The Outer Worlds for instance, which is another game I have been playing lately, I can run that game a bit harder with perfect stability, same as pretty much every other game I play. So in The Outer Worlds I can run 2150Mhz (+135 On the Core) and on the Memory I can run 2687.5 (21,500Gbps / +1250 Mem), but in Cyberpunk within 10 Minutes I get a driver crash if I run that, so had to back it off ever so slightly. Whats funny is I can get through most Benchmarks with those settings at least once, so Cyberpunk appears to really work the Card, and it also seems to give the VRAM a Super workout, those are the highest VRAM Temps I have seen yet, about an hour into playing My VRam Temps Peak at 84c even with the 86% fan speed. But the difference between that Max OC, and my lower Every Day OC to lower temps and power is about a 3.42% Performance Difference, at least in the area I have been bench marking, so really having the cooler card, lower power, and lower noise is worth the literally almost 2FPS average difference.

Anyways, interested to see how far you get with your settled Cyberpunk OC. Once I get my block I do intend to push it, but until then I rather keep the Mem Temps as low as possible.

I asked the same thing on the previous page.
Unfortunately I also did not get a notification today that it shipped, I was hoping I would because I have reason to think I was around the 9th person or so to order, I also knew in advance, but had to play transfer the money around before ordering, so I know a few people beat me to the punch.

However, not to be an apologist for Optimus, just trying to view the situation in the best possible light, which I understand may be hard to do considering, but I always try to, and its likely that today was spent putting together the blocks and QC Testing. Most likely tomorrow we will start to see some of us getting those shipped notifications. I don't know how many cards are in the first batch, but I don't think its a stretch to assume that most, if not all the cards will be sent out by this time next week, and hopefully we will all be reporting here that our card is on the way, so we will know.

Fingers Crossed 🤞🏽

I agree, Cyberpunk is absolutely amazing to make any hardware beg for mercy with truly maxed out settings w/ Psycho. I've been having a blast tuning the 3080 with Cyberpunk. Gosh I can't wait to get the water block on this card...

On the stock blower w/ 100% fans...

RTX 3080 | 9900K
Cyberpunk 2077 @ 4K
Fully maxed out settings...
DLSS - Quality
Psycho mode

So far...
2160MHz Core / 10,000MHz+ Mem (using 3DMark metrics)

That seems to be the limit with the stock blower as the game would flat line with anything higher after playing it for a while and/or in a heavy fight scene, but dang I'm not complaining. :) This is enough data for me to really be excited for the water block and on to benching it'll surely go.

The game is incredible and it should also be the new golden standard for benchmarks at the 4K + Fully Maxed Settings.

For 4K gaming, there is very little difference between Ultra and High so with a customized setting and with the help of DLSS, one could enjoy a nice 4K experience from one of the finest titles to date.

I agree, Cyberpunk is absolutely amazing to make any hardware beg for mercy with truly maxed out settings w/ Psycho. I've been having a blast tuning the 3080 with Cyberpunk. Gosh I can't wait to get the water block on this card...

On the stock blower w/ 100% fans...

RTX 3080 | 9900K
Cyberpunk 2077 @ 4K
Fully maxed out settings...
DLSS - Quality
Psycho mode

So far...
2160MHz Core / 10,000MHz+ Mem (using 3DMark metrics)

That seems to be the limit with the stock blower as the game would flat line with anything higher after playing it for a while and/or in a heavy fight scene, but dang I'm not complaining. :) This is enough data for me to really be excited for the water block and on to benching it'll surely go.

The game is incredible and it should also be the new golden standard for benchmarks at the 4K + Fully Maxed Settings.

For 4K gaming, there is very little difference between Ultra and High so with a customized setting and with the help of DLSS, one could enjoy a nice 4K experience from one of the finest titles to date.
NICE!!!!!! Dude, better than I am able to do in that game. Think My Memory is higher, but my core is definitely more than a few ticks lower. I also haven't even tried Pyscho yet. I am doing Full on Quality everything, with DLSS Quality, just not Pyscho. I will turn it on and see how I do. But for now, I am happy with performance. I have just been enjoying the game!

Also, no notification of a shipped block for me today 😢

There Tweet had me thinking they would be working through the weekend, but I went back and read it, they said they would be working through the Holiday, not the weekend, so they might not be shipping cards this weekend, which is a big sad face from me, but Here is hoping to Monday!!!

• Rep+
Reactions: iunlock
Here's mine, no notice or question whether I want nickel or copper.

View attachment 2469213
i was one of the first ppl to buy the product as i was lurking on their website that day looking at reservoirs and also follow on twitter. I literally bought within 2min of it being up

I havent been able to find anyone on any forum to say they received a notification!

Probably more like they just want to say, "hey look we said late next week and we hit the target this time" even though there is no evidence of any shipments

An easy way for them to buy more time. They just dont want everyone to say wow they missed the target AGAIN
I still suspect Tuesday shipments, as was stated earlier. This company lies about everything

i was one of the first ppl to buy the product as i was lurking on their website that day looking at reservoirs and also follow on twitter. I literally bought within 2min of it being up

I havent been able to find anyone on any forum to say they received a notification!

Probably more like they just want to say, "hey look we said late next week and we hit the target this time" even though there is no evidence of any shipments

An easy way for them to buy more time. They just dont want everyone to say wow they missed the target AGAIN
I still suspect Tuesday shipments, as was stated earlier. This company lies about everything
Are you going for nickel or copper? They said they'd email customers before shipping to ask.

This was a month ago. Never even got a reply.

This was a month ago. Never even got a reply.
To their credit they did respond when I asked them to cancel and refund a product that I had ordered on the same order as the GPU block order.

@oreonutz lucky :)
I ordered mine super fast once that link went up, but no notice ;( boo
when did you order it?
View attachment 2469205
Sorry, got thrown head first into a project to clean up and fix the major mistakes one of my employee's had made, before the client realized how bad we had borked the Monday Rollout (This is what happens when I don't do projects myself, lol). Its been a real s**t show, to say the least.

Anyways, I'm just now peeking my head up for the first time since writing my last post, and I was really hoping for some good news, so I just checked my email, and unfortunately still no shipping notification. 😕

Also, you said "Lucky". I don't know what that was in reference to, but if it was in reference to me getting a shipping notification for the block, I think I may have worded something improperly, because I have NOT gotten my notification yet, back then, or now.

Here is my order time:

Looks like you had me beat by a good 12 Mins or so, and @straha20 had me beat by about 20 Minutes...

I was wrestling with my Bank accounts, trying to get a transfer to go through. I had just purchased 4 more 3080's (For Christmas Presents and 2 Client Builds) literally minutes just before I got notified that this block went live, so I had to scramble to get that xfer to go through to have the capital available to purchase the block. Looks like because of that, there might be more people than I thought ahead of me. Depending on how many more of you beat me, I may be one of the latter to receive my block notification. 😒

Anyways, here is to hoping tomorrow we see screenshots of some of you guys with Shipping notifications! Doubly hoping enough go out for me to get mine as well! 🤞🏽

6,261 - 6,280 of 14,743 Posts