Overclock.net banner

681 - 700 of 7246 Posts

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
My problem with the EK terminals (it is their waterblocks...) is that they cracked!!

When i used to run a few quad SLI systems i'd always buy extra blocks because i knew a few of them were going to crack.

One of the things that draws me to Optimus is the total quality of the blocks, not just the cooling. cracked block SUCK!

yes, multi GPU has to make a come back, that or cards have to double in power.
My TV can do 4k 120hz (assuming i had a hdmi 2.1 card).. but 1 GPU isn't getting that. Hell 4k 60 is a problem most of the time. RT also works with multi cards. If i were nvidia i'd be pushing SLI for high FPS @4k and RT :) (shadow of the TR, even for RT, needed 2 cards to rock 4k with all the eye candy. It supports SLI.)
hrmm.. cyberpunk... 4k... ray tracing... (in their demos they had to do ray tracing at 1080p :p booo! ) The Witcher 3 had 4 way sli support :)
(of course i'd still be using 4 way sli too.. so i might be a crazy person.)
Haha, cracks are the worst. When building Optimus and testing everything out there, we're just shocked how easily blocks crack and nickel flakes and other cheap materials fall apart. Putting screws into acrylic is begging for cracks and stripped threads. These are expensive systems, liquid cooling component quality needs to be A+.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Many blocks have offset inlets -

EK Supremacy

EK Velocity (not as drastic, but still offset)

Raystorm Pro
Yes, when I said "just above", there is a slight offset ;)
But compared to Optimus, the offset is more important

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
My problem with the EK terminals (it is their waterblocks...) is that they cracked!!

When i used to run a few quad SLI systems i'd always buy extra blocks because i knew a few of them were going to crack.

One of the things that draws me to Optimus is the total quality of the blocks, not just the cooling. cracked block SUCK!

yes, multi GPU has to make a come back, that or cards have to double in power.
My TV can do 4k 120hz (assuming i had a hdmi 2.1 card).. but 1 GPU isn't getting that. Hell 4k 60 is a problem most of the time. RT also works with multi cards. If i were nvidia i'd be pushing SLI for high FPS @4k and RT :) (shadow of the TR, even for RT, needed 2 cards to rock 4k with all the eye candy. It supports SLI.)
hrmm.. cyberpunk... 4k... ray tracing... (in their demos they had to do ray tracing at 1080p :p booo! ) The Witcher 3 had 4 way sli support :)
(of course i'd still be using 4 way sli too.. so i might be a crazy person.)
yeaaah. I went back down to 3440x1440p120 after 2 years @ 4K60, after finding 2080ti to be a rather disappointing release.

and as to cracking EK blocks - that's why I tried to stick with their derlin tops for as long as they made em.

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
yeaaah. I went back down to 3440x1440p120 after 2 years @ 4K60, after finding 2080ti to be a rather disappointing release.

and as to cracking EK blocks - that's why I tried to stick with their derlin tops for as long as they made em.
Interestingly, our cast acrylic is FAR better in every way than acetal (aka pom/delrin/etc). Acetal is very, very soft and can easily be stripped by a fitting or cross threaded. Burrs are also a big problem with acetal. And acetal stinks from all the formaldehyde.

Cast acrylic correctly machined is easily the best plastic material for liquid cooling. It'll take some work to get over people's understandable fear of acrylic :D

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
yep, I finally stripped one of the fitting ports on a 1080ti terminal. that + dropping CPU perf = my bye bye to EK for awhile.

the pom is soft, but at least it didn't crack like their clear tops :D

threading plastic just seems like such a bad idea, specially when people are giving a company 1.5+ Benjamin's for the product.

random thought kinda question, OPTIMUS -

Your GPU block O-ring... Is it your standard floppy o-ring? Or is it formed/rigid? (idk anyone using rigid, just curious as putting o-rings back in is painful)

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
yep, I finally stripped one of the fitting ports on a 1080ti terminal. that + dropping CPU perf = my bye bye to EK for awhile.

the pom is soft, but at least it didn't crack like their clear tops :D

threading plastic just seems like such a bad idea, specially when people are giving a company 1.5+ Benjamin's for the product.

random thought kinda question, OPTIMUS -

Your GPU block O-ring... Is it your standard floppy o-ring? Or is it formed/rigid? (idk anyone using rigid, just curious as putting o-rings back in is painful)
Even better, our GPU ditches the o-ring for a custom single piece gasket :D So in the pic below, imagine the o-rings are merged into a single formed gasket cut from a sheet of EPDM rubber. It's a better seal, super durable, creates separate flow paths and takes all of 2 seconds to install. No more struggling with GPU o-rings :D

FYI, GPUs start shipping this week!

Attachments

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,371 Posts
Even better, our GPU ditches the o-ring for a custom single piece gasket :D So in the pic below, imagine the o-rings are merged into a single formed gasket cut from a sheet of EPDM rubber. It's a better seal, super durable, creates separate flow paths and takes all of 2 seconds to install. No more struggling with GPU o-rings :D

Great idea!

·
Premium Member
885 Posts

When do you plan to sell the "pro" style terminal option with ports every which way - i'm jump in to try that GPU blocks then. :)

Also, do you plan to sell on amazon? yes, evil empire, but makes ordering ez and i can use points :)

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
When do you plan to sell the "pro" style terminal option with ports every which way - i'm jump in to try that GPU blocks then. :)

Also, do you plan to sell on amazon? yes, evil empire, but makes ordering ez and i can use points :)
Terminals are easy to make, so we can probably get it done a couple weeks after the GPU launches. It's hard to know what kind of demand will be for it, but knowing you want one helps move things along.

As for Amazon, it should be set up shortly. They definitely make the impulse purchase easy :D

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I ordered some of the GPU blocks for my RTX Titan SLI. :)

Do you guys have pix with cards mounted? I assume there is no backplate (which is fine. As long as i don't bump chips off the back of the card... oooops... )
What i do like about bitspower block is they let you just use the backplate from the FE. What type of pads do you ship with? how thick? should i break out the fujis? :)

As a terminal bridge junky.. there has to be an ez'r way that just putting tubes between the 2 cards? I always miss measure and make the tube a little to long or short.. grrrr.... (i don't know how those hard tube people build systems. :) )

(darn shame this are going in Titans as they are super limited when OC'n. There aren't options to load in a bios with a higher power limit like the 2080 ti.)

·
Old and Decrepit
1,722 Posts
Hi,
Think all you'd need is one washer to make up a little difference between height if you decide too.
Good thing heatkiller uses bolts instead of studs..
It's lowrider block with the thick bracket I couldn't use ek evo mounting studs it's so low.
Thanks for the tip. Ill know more once I have the block in hand. Ordered it Friday about mid day but no shipping notification yet. Went for the USPS Priority as I couldn't bear the rates for expedited from $36-$79. So Im expecting it probably Wednesday. Going to take some time to get it in and running as the inlet is on the left instead of the right so a lot of work to do on tubing.

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
I ordered some of the GPU blocks for my RTX Titan SLI. :)

Do you guys have pix with cards mounted? I assume there is no backplate (which is fine. As long as i don't bump chips off the back of the card... oooops... )
What i do like about bitspower block is they let you just use the backplate from the FE. What type of pads do you ship with? how thick? should i break out the fujis? :)

As a terminal bridge junky.. there has to be an ez'r way that just putting tubes between the 2 cards? I always miss measure and make the tube a little to long or short.. grrrr.... (i don't know how those hard tube people build systems. :) )

(darn shame this are going in Titans as they are super limited when OC'n. There aren't options to load in a bios with a higher power limit like the 2080 ti.)
Awesome! :)

We're including FujiPoly GR45 pads with the blocks. So the good stuff (though not as crazy as the Fuji XR-M, but that'd like add another $50 to the card :D )

And the pads are all 0.5mm with awesome contact. Not the fat pads to make up for wonky blocks.

For running flex tubes with our pro terminals, it'll be easy to use the "top" ports and do a simple loop, either series or parallel. Should be much easier than trying to measure/assemble tiny tubing chunks.

Attachments

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
awesome.

so in short, "no, we don't use the standard c-ring, we punched a gasket" and you ship with fujipoly mid tier? i like you! (anyone that hasn't used it, it's basically clay... pros & cons)

:D

next week? I better get this new desk installed then.

·
Official OptimusPC.com
466 Posts
awesome.

so in short, "no, we don't use the standard c-ring, we punched a gasket" and you ship with fujipoly mid tier? i like you! (anyone that hasn't used it, it's basically clay... pros & cons)

:D

next week? I better get this new desk installed then.
Haha, and no punching here. We precision cut our gaskets :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
@Optimus WC

Is this list of components below suitable for your conflict-free materials phylosophy (flaky-free and plasticizer-free and just pure H2O)? I believe the only warn falls on rads. Some reservation?

By that philosophy, I find also banishing rotary fittings, quick disconnect fittings, temp probe, flow rate sensor, etc and others needless gadgets is worthy of consideration. Am I wrong?

01 x Optimus Foundation CPU Block - AMD
01 x Optimus Absolute GPU Block - RTX 2080 Ti
01 x Optimus Absolute D5 Reservoir System
02 x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS
10 x Optimus Flex Compression Fitting
01 x Watercool EPDM Tubing ID 3/8" - 5/8" OD (16/10mm) black matte
01 x Alphacool Ultra Pure Water canister 5000ml

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Optimus Team,
Sorry to post here but may i ask if my order has any scheduled ETA?
I've sent 2 paypal payments on the 27th and have yet to receive any order processing status or tracking number or estimated timeline on my order. I understand we are just coming out from the holiday period but if i can have some delivery estimates that would be a great help with my my build plan and parts ordering

thanks in advance

·
Registered
161 Posts
The very best is direct die with standard Signature V2 and liquid metal.

The next best is a lapped IHS with our flat block. And then it is delidded with LM.

Delidding always is better. However, the difference between a lapped IHS and our flat block vs regular IHS and our standard block is small. Direct die is always the best :)
A last question: if an Ultra Flat waterblock V2 Signature sits completely on the Direct Die of the 9900K without touching the frame (in this case rockit), will it equal the performance of standard V2 Signature Nickel at Direct Die?
If any doubt, I will look for the possibility of a return, replacement, or sale here in my country Ultra Flat, and take the correct proper standard V2 Signature Nickel.

Is there any information that this person used the frame Direct Die? If from rockit, then the question to my question has been received, as is his Gene is in fact my Apex XI.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
A last question: if an Ultra Flat waterblock V2 Signature sits completely on the Direct Die of the 9900K without touching the frame (in this case rockit), will it equal the performance of standard V2 Signature Nickel at Direct Die?

If any doubt, I will look for the possibility of a return, replacement, or sale here in my country Ultra Flat, and take the correct proper standard V2 Signature Nickel.

Is there any information that this person used the frame Direct Die? If from rockit, then the question to my question has been received, as is his Gene is in fact my Apex XI.

I have the Rockit Cool direct die mount and the XI Apex and as told the standard mount was best. They even went as far as to change my order of an ultra flat to the standard mount when I informed them of my setup, so I’d suggest going with the standard mount.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
@Optimus WC

Is this list of components below suitable for your conflict-free materials phylosophy (flaky-free and plasticizer-free and just pure H2O)? I believe the only warn falls on rads. Some reservation?

By that philosophy, I find also banishing rotary fittings, quick disconnect fittings, temp probe, flow rate sensor, etc and others needless gadgets is worthy of consideration. Am I wrong?

01 x Optimus Foundation CPU Block - AMD
01 x Optimus Absolute GPU Block - RTX 2080 Ti
01 x Optimus Absolute D5 Reservoir System
02 x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS
10 x Optimus Flex Compression Fitting
01 x Watercool EPDM Tubing ID 3/8" - 5/8" OD (16/10mm) black matte
01 x Alphacool Ultra Pure Water canister 5000ml
wrong? depends on what you wanna do.

QDCs are great if you tinker often, as they save a ton of time.

temp probes? again, great if you tinker & wanna dial in accurate opinions about the functionality of your equipment. You at least want ambient/case temp & water temp. I have an external temp probe, internal case temp probe, and a water probe. All synced to aquaero FTW.

rotary fittings? I agree. Go with QUALITY barbs(not from BP though cuz they're stupidly expensive), save a ton of money, & call it a day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
wrong? depends on what you wanna do.

QDCs are great if you tinker often, as they save a ton of time.

temp probes? again, great if you tinker & wanna dial in accurate opinions about the functionality of your equipment. You at least want ambient/case temp & water temp. I have an external temp probe, internal case temp probe, and a water probe. All synced to aquaero FTW.

rotary fittings? I agree. Go with QUALITY barbs(not from BP though cuz they're stupidly expensive), save a ton of money, & call it a day.
can confirm that about qdc fittings, i use them all in my loop and never back to hard tubes again :D

Attachments

681 - 700 of 7246 Posts