Overclock.net banner

8021 - 8040 of 8225 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you end up going the silicone route use stuff that says ge1. Most other stuff has chemical fungal inhibitors that might not play nice with the loop.
Great advice!

Very familiar with ge1...my other hobby is aquariums. Though when I build tanks, Momentive RTV108 all the way. Though, if I used the RTV108 here, it'd be well sealed, but would never come off.

I decided to order a sheet of the thin silicone sheet and give it a try. Worst that happens is that I break out the ge1, and have a bit harder of a time removing it is I ever would need to.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great advice!

Very familiar with ge1...my other hobby is aquariums. Though when I build tanks, Momentive RTV108 all the way. Though, if I used the RTV108 here, it'd be well sealed, but would never come off.

I decided to order a sheet of the thin silicone sheet and give it a try. Worst that happens is that I break out the ge1, and have a bit harder of a time removing it is I ever would need to.
I'm into fish as well. New world cichlids.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love how Optimus themselves have literally come in here and asked that off-topic chat be toned downed so they themselves can parse posts better and its not a one and done debate.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any chance the 1/29 batch of FTW3 blocks will be shipped this week? According to Optimus - "These blocks will go into production today, the 29th. Manufacturing all parts will take roughly a week before the parts are sent to plating and anodizing. The finishing takes 10-14 days, though we always push to get it faster. Thus, rough ETA from today is reasonably 3 weeks for your block to be made and shipped to you."

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,030
Any chance the 1/29 batch of FTW3 blocks will be shipped this week? According to Optimus - "These blocks will go into production today, the 29th. Manufacturing all parts will take roughly a week before the parts are sent to plating and anodizing. The finishing takes 10-14 days, though we always push to get it faster. Thus, rough ETA from today is reasonably 3 weeks for your block to be made and shipped to you."
I really doubt it. i would say mar to april honestly. I also ordered on 1/29.

Any timeline from water companies are unreliable atm. You are going to hit either logistics or production delays.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,031
I love how Optimus themselves have literally come in here and asked that off-topic chat be toned downed so they themselves can parse posts better and its not a one and done debate.
The off topic is what keep this thread alive. Have you not seen heatkiller and aquacomputer ones, literally very dead. Heatkiller ppl have moved onto hardwareluxx page at this point. We got tired of chasing down them for info on the rads.

Optimus got lot of heat already. The days of them telling/leaking the new products are done. People chasing them on orders, calling there 2080ti waterblock vapour ware was pretty bad enough.

My only concern with optimus is if they focus so much on meeting demands they can’t produce new products.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,032
The other thing with optimus is we hope they stay committed to pc water cooling and continue to expand there products. We don’t want another caselabs happening.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I really doubt it. i would say mar to april honestly. I also ordered on 1/29.

Any timeline from water companies are unreliable atm. You are going to hit either logistics or production delays.
I think the earliest possible would be March 5th since they seem to ship the FTW blocks on Fri. They seem to be on the tail end of batch 2 but I haven't heard anyone say they had one shipped today. Hold on tight, we'll get there.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,034
I think the earliest possible would be March 5th since they seem to ship the FTW blocks on Fri. They seem to be on the tail end of batch 2 but I haven't heard anyone say they had one shipped today. Hold on tight, we'll get there.
I am. Just glad i don’t have to watch 24/7 on ordering one. Just that people want there blocks asap lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Custom loop stuff is back ordered and delays in production all over the place. Waiting on 6800xt block for Heatkiller, Reservoir and AMD block from Optimus, fittings from Optimus, Sensors from Auquacomputer and the list goes on. Maybe by July my system will be built!😀😀

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,036
Custom loop stuff is back ordered and delays in production all over the place. Waiting on 6800xt block for Heatkiller, Reservoir and AMD block from Optimus, fittings from Optimus, Sensors from Auquacomputer and the list goes on. Maybe by July my system will be built!😀😀
Some people are too hopeful here thats all

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I am still waiting on my batch 2 block that I have ordered back on 11/16/2020.

At this rate I won't believe a word about quick turnaround times

·
Overclocker
727 Posts
Anyone know what thickness the thermal pads are for the ram, mosfets, and vrms for the ftw3 block? They looked like .5mm, can anyone confirm? Going to buy extras since I need to remount. Plan to do it soon while I convert my build to hardline and finish the wiring.

8021 - 8040 of 8225 Posts