Overclock.net banner

8041 - 8060 of 8225 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So the Optimus compression fittings for hardline tubing only has 1 o-ring compare to Bitspower with 2 orings and Barrow fittings have 3 orings. Which one of these is more secured?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,046
So the Optimus compression fittings for hardline tubing only has 1 o-ring compare to Bitspower with 2 orings and Barrow fittings have 3 orings. Which one of these is more secured?
Optimus hardline is really nice to use. I have used bitspower original, premium, advance and optimus is perfect fit 100% of time and secure.

• Rep+
Reactions: jincuteguy

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is more material in the Optimus gasket coming in contact with the tube than even the three O ring fittings.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Optimus hardline is really nice to use. I have used bitspower original, premium, advance and optimus is perfect fit 100% of time and secure.
Even with only 1 oring?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
There is more material in the Optimus gasket coming in contact with the tube than even the three O ring fittings.
Oh I see, nice. I have a 6pack Optimus fittings here , just waiting for the CPU block + Reservoir then I can start the build.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
How do you use the Optimus fittings for hardtube?
Do you leave the gasket inside the fitting, and then push the tube in, and then twist the Compression cover?
Or do you put the Gasket and the compression cover on the tube first, and then start twisting it?

I just found that it's easier if I just leave the gasket inside the fitting, and then put the compression cover on the tube, and then just insert the tube in and twist the compression cover.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you leave the gasket inside the fitting, and then push the tube in, and then twist the Compression cover?
Or do you put the Gasket and the compression cover on the tube first, and then start twisting it?

I just found that it's easier if I just leave the gasket inside the fitting, and then put the compression cover on the tube, and then just insert the tube in and twist the compression cover.
I typically put the compression cover on the tube, leaving the gasket in the fitting, put the tube into gasket and fitting, then tighten it down.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,052

either method works.

• Rep+
Reactions: jincuteguy

·
Registered
650 Posts
Might be a weird question but have any of you guys ever painted the acrylic terminals and the main acrylic base plate of a gpu block before?

I really want a blacked out version of the Optimus gpu block and am afraid of waiting for a acetal version that might not even be planned. I’ve reached out to them a few times and have also asked here but they wouldn’t say if a acetal one would ever be coming. They have a hard enough time with one sku that it might be asking too much of them. lol.

I can’t imagine that painting the outer acrylic sides that don’t touch water should cause any harm. Yeah?

·
Official OptimusPC.com
506 Posts
Might be a weird question but have any of you guys ever painted the acrylic terminals and the main acrylic base plate of a gpu block before?

I really want a blacked out version of the Optimus gpu block and am afraid of waiting for a acetal version that might not even be planned. I’ve reached out to them a few times and have also asked here but they wouldn’t say if a acetal one would ever be coming. They have a hard enough time with one sku that it might be asking too much of them. lol.

I can’t imagine that painting the outer acrylic sides that don’t touch water should cause any harm. Yeah?
Go ahead and paint it, acrylic handles paint well :)

We can do a black acrylic (not acetal) version eventually, though demand for clear acrylic is obv very high. So adding another element into the mix will add complications right now.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Go ahead and paint it, acrylic handles paint well :)

We can do a black acrylic (not acetal) version eventually, though demand for clear acrylic is obv very high. So adding another element into the mix will add complications right now.
Hey thanks for the info.
I figured adding black option right now might be too much To ask for.. Painting it will have to suffice for now.

A nice matte black I think is in order. :)

Think some more will go up again this week? (Friday)?

You don’t happen to have any blemished acrylic blocks to sell do ya? Would be perfect to paint over. :)

·
Old and Decrepit
1,877 Posts
Yeah I’d say if you want to paint it use paint made for the surface. Something like Krylon fusion. It says no sanding but my experience is no matter what the label says the surface needs sanded for good adhesion. Just roughed up a little with fine grit on an orbital sander would work great. Shiny surfaces tend to let go of the paint and that would suck.
Mine is mostly blacked out with a few nickel accents in the blocks.

as an alternative heat killer is another alternative. I know at this point they are doing EVGA XC3, Zotac and reference. The reference is available is acetal and the rest it’s a choice of nickel or bare copper with nickel or black trim.

When 20XX rolled out the EK blocks to me were just butt ugly for the Strix cards and well, pretty much all of them. HK is pleasing and delivers awesome performance. My GPU block of choice. Not that Optimus doesn’t make good products and not that they haven’t made good on the first CPU block I got from them that shed nickel plating more than my Labrador sheds hair. My thing is you wait 6 months or best case 6-8 weeks. What if it’s fubar and leaks when you get it or has other issues like shedding? Contacting is futile at this point. They said they had signature blocks flat blems just contact them here and even had my name on the post. Well posted, PMd and emailed and that was 3 weeks ago. No response to anything. They need to step up their game or step out. Would be a shame to see them disappear as fast as they appeared but the business model as it stands won’t survive. More competitive market forces innovation instead of just using the same design year after year and changing the mount more or less as a good bit of manufacturers do.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Anybody else noticed @ThrashZone "disappearence" ?

Been 2 months since his last post, hope he is OK!

·
Booo
924 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi,
I miss thrash' forum posting etiquette.
Hope he comes back soon.

Thanks, Jura chibi

;)

• Rep+