Overclock.net banner
8,181 - 8,200 of 14,743 Posts
What are people doing for LEDs on their GPU blocks, if any? (in terms of placement)
I am doing vertical so it is a bit easier for placement but my plan is to silicone some little silicone clips on the bottom edge of the acrylic and run a strip along there. It'll work just like Straha's just a different mounting mechanism. Fyi, there are some really skinny (7-8mm) rbg strips available on aliexpress or ebay. I ordered from both to see which would show up faster.

Discussion starter · #8,182 ·
Yeah I had the regular o11 dynamic. I had the choice to go with whatever case I wanted to upgrade to but I really like this design. Just needed it to be bigger for the larger rad and 3090.
Lianli becoming more and more the successor to caselabs.

Lianli becoming more and more the successor to caselabs.
I am not as afraid of lian li going out of business though. They have been around forever. I never really knew about caselabs till recently. Going for insane money on ebay. That STH10, daddy wants.

Discussion starter · #8,184 ·
I am not as afraid of lian li going out of business though. They have been around forever. I never really knew about caselabs till recently. Going for insane money on ebay. That STH10, daddy wants.

I plan on getting the v3000+ if its good. Cost wise i estimate i can come out cost neutral as my caselabs s8 can sell for a lot too

Has the MSRP been released?
No, but I'd be surprised if it's more than $400-$500. I just hope it will be a really flexible case. I want tons of space for cable management, tons of space for HDDs (at least 6, but preferably 9+) in the bottom compartment so it's out of the way and out of sight of the rest of the build, and then tons of space for mounting/sticking controllers in the bottom compartment as well (think Aquaero, Octo, etc.). I just want it to be a really flexible do everything case.

In my current Phanteks case it's impossible to neatly have all cables out of sight, as the space behind the motherboard tray is very limited. And the HDDs cages are in the main compartment, which is unsightly and reduces airflow.

• Rep+
Reactions: Section31
Discussion starter · #8,187 · (Edited)
So i created an new thread to handle our general talk/discussion that goes on here. Lets see if that helps the experience here.

Keep the customer service stuff in this thread. Should help optimus handle all the customer questions.

• Rep+
Reactions: tbrown7552
Yep. People were getting all kinds of upset on the EVGA forums back in December when EK delayed their blocks. If you cannot stand issues happening 2020-2021 should be avoided for PC building lol. I've went all in in the past few months. Upgraded GPU, RAM, Fans, Case, Radiator and CPU haha. CPU and RAM are on their way now. Just waiting on the GPU block like most of us here. It's been a fun journey. It's turning out nice I think. Cookie cutter case but I really don't care that everyone else has it.

What distribution block is that? like the brand?

Discussion starter · #8,190 ·
What distribution block is that? like the brand?
We have moved to another thread to reduce some of the ranting going on fyi. This thread going to be lot less active going forward. Just Optimus and its cliental.

• Rep+
Reactions: Chamidorix
Can anyone confirm that their thermal strip distribution looked like this?

The long thin strips in particular - to confirm, I need to cut two of them shorter? And they seem a little skinny for the LR22 sections in particular - I know they expand under pressure but, is it enough / still fine?

Mainly just checking to see if I need to get thermal strips elsewhere or if the included ones are fine for the areas as-indicated.

Can anyone confirm that their thermal strip distribution looked like this?

The long thin strips in particular - to confirm, I need to cut two of them shorter? And they seem a little skinny for the LR22 sections in particular - I know they expand under pressure but, is it enough / still fine?

Mainly just checking to see if I need to get thermal strips elsewhere or if the included ones are fine for the areas as-indicated.
Looks just like mine did. I cut them to the appropriate sizes, and they work a treat.

Correct, just cut those to length. Fuji is pretty easy to break apart, which is common in the high performance pads. So if you get a rip, it's not a big deal at all, the pads will squish under pressure and melt together again.

What mm thick are those Fuji pads?
I've asked this several times without an answer in here. Would really like to know this so I can buy spares. They looked like .5mm to me when I installed my block.

Hey guys, the pads are 0.5mm on the front, 3mm on the back. They are Fuji GR45 on the front. It's fine if they get a tear, they form together really well and performance isn't affected. Something to know: just the thermal conductivity isn't the only important metric (though that's what's listed most commonly). We'd recommend replacing with Fuji GR series, or other high end brands, not cheaper brands that list big numbers that seem too good to be true :D

Block arrived (OP2968, ordered Nov 4, just arrived today Feb 25th - 3 months and 3 weeks exact):

I am a little afraid to install the block however because there seems to be an issue - I reached out to Optimus already over email, but no response today - and in general haven't heard back since Jan 19 (my other emails since went unanswered), so I am hoping I can get some advice from others in this thread in the meantime.

First, the good news / general unboxing, looks like everything's there:

Box:

Included itemcount:

Thermal pads - hoping it's all good there, haven't checked in-depth yet but this is what arrived:

Block shot from above:

Back shot of block:

The included thermal paste + spatula + plugs:

Big thermal pad on the backplate:

The backplate:

Allen wrenches and screws:

Onto the not so good news:

Giving everything a once-over, I noticed that along the sides there are spiky metal linings that almost looks like debris, or cuts that weren't cleaned up, or something with the plating, I have no idea.

The main concern to me is that there's a lot of it. I am worried that if I start flushing coolant through this thing, over time it's going to knock loose all these jagged, irregular metal bits -- and damage my blocks, tubing, pump, res, rads, and/or possibly other hardware. Both the left and right sides have this issue but it's much more prominent on the right. Hard to get good pictures, but:

Upper right side, phone shot:

Right side, phone shot:

Right side, macro lens / camera shot:

Left side, macro lens / camera shot:

Got out the USB microscope to take some closer shots of the big jaggies on the right side - this is the one from the first image, zoomed in:

Another one on the same side:

Another one etc:

In general you see lots of sharp metal bits sticking out every-which-way as you move the block along the microscope. Sort of hard to get better shots because there's only so much space under my microscope, but hopefully it's clear enough.

My question: Can anyone confirm if this is normal / expected / safe / etc? To anyone else with a block, did yours look like this as well?

I've put over $10k USD into my PC setup - I definitely don't want metal bits possibly dislodging and wreaking havoc. Do I need to pop off the top acrylic piece and take a metal file to this?

Can anyone confirm if this is just a cosmetic concern and nothing to worry about, or did this unit not get QC'd properly?

Would appreciate any advice - thanks!
Id say try a swivel head deburring tool, theyre dirt cheap and easy to use

Radikult. His name is Mario. Just a guy and his cnc machine. Makes some cool stuff.

Nice man. how's the distro plate quality compare to the ones from EKWB and Singularitycomputers? or Bitspower?

8,181 - 8,200 of 14,743 Posts