Overclock.net banner

8981 - 9000 of 9129 Posts

·
Old and Decrepit
2,064 Posts
That's a custom run. You could have lowered the resolution, turned all antialiasing off, etc.

Let's see you do a normal full run.
I’d say not only could have but did. Most likely 420p with AA off and every minimized with clocks maxed out and overvolt with no power limit pulling 500+ watts. If there were any results on 3D marks that showed anything close with reputable people posting honest results I’d be more likely to take his word but constant deflection without posting anything remotely close to proving the unbelievable is just more BS slinging. Ignored....done with even looking at anyone who ruins the rep of this otherwise fine forum where everyone knows it’s proof or it didn’t happen.

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,680 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Your power draw is showing 1/2 stock TDP. Afterburner is not reporting correctly.
I have the card undervolted its not shooting 1/2 tdp thats the real tdp at those undervolts.. Msi afterburner is the top reading and hwinfo is the Last one below it. Also amd driver tool is reading those watts as well... As a matter of fact i have the card with 350watts with the morepower tool without the need for the 15% slider. Need more voltage tho not just power. Amd locked this cards bad lol. They under volt awesome tho.

·
Registered
690 Posts
its better than the optimus order complaints thats was going on for months.
I don’t know man. We see thing differently I guess. I’d prefer to see people’s opinions on a company’s product AND service. Even if it means sifting through dumb complaints then listening to two grown men act like children comparing dick size.

• Rep+
Reactions: tbrown7552

·
Registered
690 Posts
So anyways.

I was thinking. If Evga releases a 3080ti FTW. Am I wrong to think that the existing optimus absolute block might actually fit it??? I mean the block already fits the 3080 and 3090. Obviously there is always a chance they revamp the whole card but I personally don’t feel like they will deviate from the existing board layout and design. I’d imagine it would be similar to the 3090 minus some ram chips.

what your thoughts @Section31 ?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,986 ·
So anyways.

I was thinking. If Evga releases a 3080ti FTW. Am I wrong to think that the existing optimus absolute block might actually fit it??? I mean the block already fits the 3080 and 3090. Obviously there is always a chance they revamp the whole card but I personally don’t feel like they will deviate from the existing board layout and design. I’d imagine it would be similar to the 3090 minus some ram chips.

what your thoughts @Section31 ?
I suspect the same block should be usable. You looking at upgrading or downgrading?

I honestly would swap to 3080ti strix over ftw3, better card overall

·
Registered
690 Posts
I suspect the same block should be usable. You looking at upgrading or downgrading?

I honestly would swap to 3080ti strix over ftw3, better card overall
Up. I got a 3080 FTW ultra unopened sitting here. I was at first going to hold out for a Ti but had a opportunity to get the 3080 at the original msrp so I got it a little while back. Was kinda hoping to catch the evga “step it up” to be honest. It’s gunna be close on my 90 days if the rumours are true and they release mid May. The 3090 is too much card for me. 3080 Ti fits my usage better.

Yeah I heard the strix is better. I don’t know. I like evga and them not causing a fuss about taking the card apart and watercooling it. I’ve always had good service from evga. Asus has been hit and miss for me.

If the existing FTW block fits the Ti I will most likely just stay that route as I already have the block. If it doesn’t then maybe I’d consider jumping to strix if the Optimus strix block is actually available by then. Where I live I know I won’t take a loss on the 3080. But trying to sell the Optimus block won’t be easy where I live in Canada. At this point I’m gunna go the route with zero loss if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,988 ·
Up. I got a 3080 FTW ultra unopened sitting here. I was at first going to hold out for a Ti but had a opportunity to get the 3080 at the original msrp so I got it a little while back. Was kinda hoping to catch the evga “step it up” to be honest. It’s gunna be close on my 90 days if the rumours are true and they release mid May. The 3090 is too much card for me. 3080 Ti fits my usage better.

Yeah I heard the strix is better. I don’t know. I like evga and them not causing a fuss about taking the card apart and watercooling it. I’ve always had good service from evga. Asus has been hit and miss for me.

If the existing FTW block fits the Ti I will most likely just stay that route as I already have the block. If it doesn’t then maybe I’d consider jumping to strix if the Optimus strix block is actually available by then. Where I live I know I won’t take a loss on the 3080. But trying to sell the Optimus block won’t be easy where I live in Canada. At this point I’m gunna go the route with zero loss if you know what I mean.
I get you. Remember with optimus you got maybe 1-2 month wait ontop of ordering so it may be better keeping the ftw3 block. I don’t see major difference in grand scheme. Basically you got to get next gen anyways in 2023/2024 so just use it honestly.

It only makes sense if you can make gains from reselling. My thoughts change daily but if i can finish rig by end of month i ain’t bothering with logic of 3080ti.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,989 ·
No need, my apologies to anyone who took offense to me calling out 100% BS when I see it, no ego about it, just calling it like I see it, That's just me. I put him on my ignore list so I wont be reading the load of crap any longer or feel the need to call it out.....I wasn't the only one calling it out BTW.
You make ocn more interesting. This keeps us coming back. Unfortunate not so many of older individuals like you here. Great times in the x299 threads i remember.

Couple of you guys were talking about 50ish degree 7980xe on cinebench. Thats how i started considering an heatkiller mo-ra3 (was 360) and eventually got the 420 version.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I get you. Remember with optimus you got maybe 1-2 month wait ontop of ordering so it may be better keeping the ftw3 block. I don’t see major difference in grand scheme. Basically you got to get next gen anyways in 2023/2024 so just use it honestly.

It only makes sense if you can make gains from reselling. My thoughts change daily but if i can finish rig by end of month i ain’t bothering with logic of 3080ti.
Yeah my block took about 6 weeks to ship. Which is fine. After the countless complaints on here I knew the wait I was getting into. I actually was expecting longer. Lol. But totally agree about waiting for the strix block. It’s not even a real product yet at this point and when it’s finally made I’d imagine they will sell out super fast for the first while and be hard to obtain. And then again risks of potential delays like fujipoly pad shortage or more covid issues ect ect. Who knows right.

my best bet is to just hope the existing block I have works with a Ti and that I’m even able to obtain a Ti! Lmao. Actually getting a Ti is most likely gunna be the hardest part. Lol.

• Rep+
Reactions: Section31

·
Registered
690 Posts
No need, my apologies to anyone who took offense to me calling out 100% BS when I see it, no ego about it, just calling it like I see it, That's just me. I put him on my ignore list so I wont be reading the load of crap any longer or feel the need to call it out.....I wasn't the only one calling it out BTW.
it’s all good my dude.

• Rep+
Reactions: JustinThyme

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,993 ·
Yeah my block took about 6 weeks to ship. Which is fine. After the countless complaints on here I knew the wait I was getting into. I actually was expecting longer. Lol. But totally agree about waiting for the strix block. It’s not even a real product yet at this point and when it’s finally made I’d imagine they will sell out super fast for the first while and be hard to obtain. And then again risks of potential delays like fujipoly pad shortage or more covid issues ect ect. Who knows right.

my best bet is to just hope the existing block I have works with a Ti and that I’m even able to obtain a Ti! Lmao. Actually getting a Ti is most likely gunna be the hardest part. Lol.
Yeah. See my pm too lol.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,994 ·
LoL 50c? not him tho.. Thats when he said i was using a chiller :rollseyes:
One of those guys - jpmboy, thrashzone, etc. one was canadian winter, some were using chillers

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
One of those guys - jpmboy, thrashzone, etc. one was canadian winter, some were using chillers
Thrash i think he lives in Texas so is kind of hot down there.. and the old geezer well long story short don't have no idea anyway on how power are measure from ac to dc and power dissipated as heat from the cpu itself etc and come here claiming stuff and such but they didnt have big rads back then. Jpmboy never put tests like that... he do owns chiller and big rads and stuff but he is very conservative when he do recommends stuff and is nowhere near that. He knows his stuff at the contrary of the geezer.

Im the one that lives in the north pole that uses chillers according to trash and him xD..
But the mora itself has nothing to do with it lol. Im in chicago :p i dislike the mora myself it aint a performer. Its my benching rad i can move around easy tho. But, i have to be very careful what i dislike and say bcuz some geezers get offended quick lol.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,996 ·
Thrash i think he lives in Texas so is kind of hot down there.. and the old geezer well long story short don't have no idea anyway on how power are measure from ac to dc and power dissipated as heat from the cpu itself etc and come here claiming stuff and such but they didnt have big rads back then. Jpmboy never put tests like that... he do owns chiller and big rads and stuff but he is very conservative when he do recommends stuff and is nowhere near that. He knows his stuff at the contrary of the geezer.

Im the one that lives in the north pole that uses chillers according to trash and him xD..
But the mora itself has nothing to do with it lol. Im in chicago :p i dislike the mora myself it aint a performer. Its my benching rad i can move around easy tho. But, i have to be very careful what i dislike and say bcuz some geezers get offended quick lol.
Healthy debate. You guys are part of the niche group that does extreme watercooling. You guys all give me ideas on what i need to get better cooling and continue to experiment. I agree mo-ra3 isn’t top performer for external rad but an great support rad/portable test unit. I just didn’t want to spend much on additional rads while i wait for heatkiller rads.

• Rep+
Reactions: zGunBLADEz

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Yeah the mora is quite pricey.. It has his caviats. Pros are better tho not at bad rad at all.. Hey i own one myself lol. But strictly performance talking a hwlabs 560 will eat for dinner a Mora.

Moraa are made for outside solution and quietness and accesorys and such.

Like i told the geezer if you want performance and can get creative you can do some of those hwlabs rads on a outside enclosure.. @LiquidHaus have nice "cheap" option now for those kind of rads..
It be nice some wallmounts brackets as well. @LiquidHaus :p

My 1260 its like 4" away from the wall enough room to squeeze air arond itself and around 1khw load as "heat" no AC PULL lol.. my water DT is between 3-4c with low rpms fans.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8,998 ·
Yeah the mora is quite pricey.. It has his caviats. Pros are better tho not at bad rad at all.. Hey i own one myself lol. But strictly performance talking a hwlabs 560 will eat for dinner a Mora.

Moraa are made for outside solution and quietness and accesorys and such.

Like i told the geezer if you want performance and can get creative you can do some of those hwlabs rads on a outside enclosure.. @LiquidHaus have nice "cheap" option now for those kind of rads..
It be nice some wallmounts brackets as well. @LiquidHaus :p

My 1260 its like 4" away from the wall enough room to squeeze air arond itself and around 1khw load my water DT is between 3-4c with low rpms fans.
Always liked liquidhaus solution. I reccomended that to people considering external radiators. I will eventually go there i feel. Getting tired of buying rads every couple year to discard them away. It’s likely what the new heatkiller internal radiator will become if i go all optimus including rads and reservoir.

• Rep+

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Always liked liquidhaus solution. I reccomended that to people considering external radiators. I will eventually go there i feel. Getting tired of buying rads every couple year to discard them away. It’s likely what the new heatkiller internal radiator will become if i go all optimus including rads and reservoir.
I try to do a hybrid solution myself when i build..
so i dont have to depend of the outside support .. If i move around it it have his own loop. But thats me.

Right now im building around the new cm ITX case. My goal even if i have to put it outside the top of the case is either a xt45 or the UT60 it needs to have his own loop with his own pump+reservoir. I could just put the cold plates and use my external solution but i need those quick disconnects. Im using the rad as the in/out on parallel. But if you only have one loop/pc the solution you said ia the best.

Having the rad outside alone with direct fresh intake is where the 80% of the gains are at..

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,000 ·
I try to do a hybrid solution myself when i build..
so i dont have to depend of the outside support .. If i move around it it have his own loop. But thats me.

Right now im building around the new cm ITX case. My goal even if i have to put it outside the top of the case is either a xt45 or the UT60 it needs to have his own loop with his own pump+reservoir. I could just put the cold plates and use my external solution but i need those quick disconnects. Im using the rad as the in/out on parallel. But if you only have one loop/pc the solution you said ia the best.

Having the rad outside alone with direct fresh intake is where the 80% of the gains are at..
Mine is modular build. I won’t need the mo-ra on unless its summer time. Three hk 360mm 50mm (whenever i get them) should be enough. I hope the rads are close to gtx performance but low resistance. My internal system is borderline line on high flow resistance (three qd4, one d5 next, optimus gpu and cpu block). Adding the mo-ra3 makes an big dent into flow rate.

• Rep+
8981 - 9000 of 9129 Posts