Overclock.net banner

9001 - 9020 of 9129 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Thats why you need an extra pump maybe with a reservoir.

If you connect it in parallel you wont get hit with the flow.. pressure alone plus that extra pump its a given. My tube rune to the outside so far is like 10-15feet of tubbing alone one way. That goes in parallel to one of the rads on my x299 xt45 she does have 3 . is a lil bit expensier but in the long run is worth it. I dont mind the expense like that.. Now, $400+ for a block solution i can only use in one thing alone no.

Btw, with this kind of setup you will get rid of bubbles like it aint a joke.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,002 ·
Thats why you need an extra pump maybe with a reservoir.

If you connect it in parallel you wont get hit with the flow.. pressure alone plus that extra pump its a given. My tube rune to the outside so far is like 10-15feet of tubbing alone one way. That goes in parallel to one of the rads on my x299 xt45 she does have 3 . is a lil bit expensier but in the long run is worth it. I dont mind the expense like that.. Now, $400+ for a block solution i can only use in one thing alone no.
Im going triple d5 (from dual d5) as part of my planned group buy with heatkiller. Make the mo-ra3 dual d5 to counter flow resistance hit and can run the d5 next at lower setting

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Then use one of those for the outside rad. you wont need dual d5 for the outside rad... if you use 1x pump for the outside rad a regular d5 L2/L3 is enough to move water in a parallel connection which gets help with the pressure builded already instead of relying in one pump for the whole thing.....Everything i have including the chiller has his own pump for that sole reason so i dont get into flow issues or relying on only one pump..

They also sell koolance 405S pumps which are true 24v performers the regular d5 and varios etc they accept 24v but flow aint the same. Those are the ones i use. You will need a STEPUP from 12v to 24v and a pwn controller for example. They can run at 12v tho but dont expect 24v performance..

They sell the stepup on ebay or amazon etc.. I got a few of them 100w little things @24v you aint doing a dent probably can run 2 of those in one STEPUP i think i measured around 40w thing wasnt even hot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been looking into pumps lately. Koolance's PMP600 looks like a beast although it's not advertised as quiet. Might be fun to play with before shelling out the bucks for an Iwaki or something else as nuts.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I've been looking into pumps lately. Koolance's PMP600 looks like a beast although it's not advertised as quiet. Might be fun to play with before shelling out the bucks for an Iwaki or something else as nuts.
i will go for the 405S myself bcuz you can use tops/reservoirs made for d5 vs pmp600 unless you need to do a very long run lol

PMP-600

• Maximum Flow Rate: 20L/min (5.3 gal/min)
  • Maximum Head Pressure: 11m (36ft)
  • Motor: Brushless DC
  • Power Consumption (at max): 52W
  • Voltage Range: 8 to 24 VDC
  • Maximum Temperature: 75°C (167°F)
  • Electrical Connector: 4-pin Molex power supply connection + 3-pin (single lead) tach
  • Hose Connections: G 1/4 BSPP Threads
  • Noise: Less than 50dBA
  • Weight: 454g (1lbs)
405S

• Maximum Flow Rate: 12L/min (3.2 gal/min) @ 12V, 20L/min (5.3 gal/min) @ 24V
  • Maximum Head Pressure: 3.2m (10.5ft) @ 12V, 6m (19.7ft) @ 24V
  • Motor: Brushless DC, electronically commutated, spherical motor
  • Power: 8-24VDC, 3-50W, 0.13-2.1A
  • Startup Voltage: 9 to 13.2 VDC
  • Maximum System Pressure: 3.5 kgf/cm2 (50 PSI)
  • Maximum Temperature: 60°C (140°F)
  • Electrical Connector: 4-pin Molex power supply connection + 3-pin (single lead) tach
  • Hose Connections: 13mm (1/2in) ID hose barbs
  • Wetted Materials: PPO, Carbon/Allumina Ceramic, EPDM or Viton, 316 SS
  • Noise: Less than 40dBA
  • Weight: 862g (1.9lbs)
  • MTBF 50k hours

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,006 ·
No need, my apologies to anyone who took offense to me calling out 100% BS when I see it, no ego about it, just calling it like I see it, That's just me. I put him on my ignore list so I wont be reading the load of crap any longer or feel the need to call it out.....I wasn't the only one calling it out BTW.
see your pm.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was also wondering what motor set up for my next build I am collecting parts for. Looking at a custom case built from a motherboard tray. 2 External Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560 rads. Each rad is in an independent system. One Optimus 8.5" D5 reservoir per rad. One rad cooling the GPU and the other cooling the CPU. A good friend is a CNC wood master so together we are working on the case and rad enclosure. My question is will I need to run 2 pumps per system or would one be enough.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was also wondering what motor set up for my next build I am collecting parts for. Looking at a custom case built from a motherboard tray. 2 External Black Ice Nemesis GTX 580 rads. Each rad is in an independent system. One Optimus 8.5" D5 reservoir per rad. One rad cooling the GPU and the other cooling the CPU. A good friend is a CNC wood master so together we are working on the case and rad enclosure. My question is will I need to run 2 pumps per system or would one be enough.
Honestly unless you are running crazy long lines you will be fine with a single,

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,010 ·
I was also wondering what motor set up for my next build I am collecting parts for. Looking at a custom case built from a motherboard tray. 2 External Black Ice Nemesis GTX 580 rads. Each rad is in an independent system. One Optimus 8.5" D5 reservoir per rad. One rad cooling the GPU and the other cooling the CPU. A good friend is a CNC wood master so together we are working on the case and rad enclosure. My question is will I need to run 2 pumps per system or would one be enough.
Take an look at heatkiller new internal radiators. Otherwise wait for Optimus. I can't believe how good priced the heatkiller rads and if you can get 400 euro order, its free shipping. Not too hard.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take an look at heatkiller new internal radiators. Otherwise wait for Optimus. I can't believe how good priced the heatkiller rads and if you can get 400 euro order, its free shipping. Not too hard.
Not sure if they are offering a 560 sized radiator. I already have one GTX. Just waiting for re stock. The GTX scores very high for low RPM cooling which is why I went with them.

·
Founder
2,148 Posts
Seeing as Optimus seems to have completely given up in this thread, are you seeing the new Heatkiller radiators on their site? Post a link here.

I'm not seeing the prices lol.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,013 ·
Seeing as Optimus seems to have completely given up in this thread, are you seeing the new Heatkiller radiators on their site? Post a link here.

I'm not seeing the prices lol.
Let Optimus focus on its think tank and get ahead on production. I just hope Optimus can continue to work on new products. More Fittings, Rads, Reservoir, Quick Disconnect, you name it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Darb

·
Force User
533 Posts
Hello All,

Been a while since I posted, but I had a couple of questions about the Optimus FTW3 block.

I have the FTW3 UG 3090 with my Optimus Block installed and it has been performing great.

I just had to send my card back to EVGA for RMA, so I pulled the block off and a number of the thermal pads were pretty tore up.

The huge thermal pad on the backplate of course showed some indentions from being installed but seems ok.

Does anyone know if I can purchase replacement pads for the front of the card? If so, what are the specs, brands, size etc that I would need to replace the pads on the front of the card?

Can I purchase a Fujipoly pad to replace the one on the back of the card? Or is it ok to run the used one I have?

When my replacement card gets back I'd like to have a fresh set of thermal pads for the waterblock.

Thanks for your help!
J

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,016 ·
Hello All,

Been a while since I posted, but I had a couple of questions about the Optimus FTW3 block.

I have the FTW3 UG 3090 with my Optimus Block installed and it has been performing great.

I just had to send my card back to EVGA for RMA, so I pulled the block off and a number of the thermal pads were pretty tore up.

The huge thermal pad on the backplate of course showed some indentions from being installed but seems ok.

Does anyone know if I can purchase replacement pads for the front of the card? If so, what are the specs, brands, size etc that I would need to replace the pads on the front of the card?

Can I purchase a Fujipoly pad to replace the one on the back of the card? Or is it ok to run the used one I have?

When my replacement card gets back I'd like to have a fresh set of thermal pads for the waterblock.

Thanks for your help!
J
Unfortunately some of us asked and were in same situation. Answer is no, shortage of 3mm fujipoly that size. The backplate thermal pads should be fine to us there. There are replacement pads available for the front pads.

Amazon carries the front pad though

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,018 ·
For the front pads, do you have the specs for them? I'd like to get a set of replacement pads in advance.
We're you able to purchase them?
amazon search fujipoly 0.5mm 6w/mk or 13w/mk fujipoly mod/smart

mod/smart Fujipoly Premium G-M Thermal Pad - 60 x 50 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 6.0 W/mK Amazon.com: mod/smart Fujipoly Premium G-M Thermal Pad - 60 x 50 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 6.0 W/mK: Computers & Accessories

Fujipoly/mod/smart Premium G-M Thermal Pad - 100 x 15 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 6.0 W/mK Amazon.com: Fujipoly/mod/smart Premium G-M Thermal Pad - 100 x 15 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 6.0 W/mK: Computers & Accessories

Fujipoly/mod/smart Ultra Extreme XR-m Thermal Pad - 100 x 15 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 17.0 W/mK Amazon.com: Fujipoly/mod/smart Ultra Extreme XR-m Thermal Pad - 100 x 15 x 0.5 - Thermal Conductivity 17.0 W/mK: Computers & Accessories

• Rep+
Reactions: Jsunn

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
are you using both systems full 100% every time tho? to me its like wasted rad space using one rad each to be honest.. even silence will suffer as you have 2 rads together less fan noise .... i would put all together instead on one pump..Also, you will save alot of money that way

·
Force User
533 Posts
@Section31 Thank you very much for the information!

So it looks like all of the pads on the front are the same thickness, then it just comes down to how much I want to spend to get the higher W/mK pads for all of the components. Do you recommend any particular pad for the different components?

Thank you very much for your help!
-Jason

9001 - 9020 of 9129 Posts