Overclock.net banner
9521 - 9540 of 9928 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
That said, we'll probably do an entire silver system: blocks, fittings, radiator, etc etc. Starting price: $20k.

When AMC hits the moon I'm going to take you up on that.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,522 ·
When AMC hits the moon I'm going to take you up on that.
Comeone federal reserve buy some more printing press machines and do more quantitive easings, makes this dream happen for shawnb99 lol

·
BOINC Cruncher
Serenity Numbskull
1,001 Posts
We like silver, we've actually made cold plates out of the good stuff before for fun :D The biggest issue with adding silver to a loop is galvanic corrosion. Already, loops have problems with radiators, bad components, etc and that's with coolants that have tons of corrosion inhibitors. Silver adds another factor. And it'd be a LOT of silver :)

That said, we'll probably do an entire silver system: blocks, fittings, radiator, etc etc. Starting price: $20k.

Cool, what block are you using for those temps? And yes 8-10c with the big boy bios is how we test. And what others are reporting with ftw3 blocks :) The KP should just be a lot more stable at the higher numbers, regardless of temps. So we'll see how high people can get them with good cooling :)
I've been running the Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos Next .925 Sterling Silver/PVD block for over a year on a Ryzen 3950X and have had no issues with corrosion at all. Running with the offset bracket.

·
Official OptimusPC.com
594 Posts
We've tested silver at 99.9 aka the purest stuff with the highest performance. Sterling .925 doesn't have the gains as the pure stuff.

For raw material costs, raw silver is $43 to ever $1 of copper. So it ain't cheap.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,525 ·
We've tested silver at 99.9 aka the purest stuff with the highest performance. Sterling .925 doesn't have the gains as the pure stuff.

For raw material costs, raw silver is $43 to ever $1 of copper. So it ain't cheap.
Count me in for alderlake lga1700 block. Thanks the hk government for allowing its overseas citizens take advantage of this

·
Still here...
4,767 Posts
ooooooooo, more free money, nice. printed by fiat (they make cars too)?

before anyone gets excited, 5,000.00 Hong Kong Dollars = 644.04214 US Dollars currently. still, almost enough for a nice, new, shiny Optimus gpu block and active backplate :)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,527 ·
ooooooooo, more free money, nice. printed by fiat (they make cars too)?

before anyone gets excited, 5,000.00 Hong Kong Dollars = 644.04214 US Dollars currently. still, almost enough for a nice, new, shiny Optimus gpu block and active backplate :)
Only about 1million people overseas qualify for such situations. Very small group largely based in US, UK and Canada

Have to be one of the following: born there, lived there 7years or be born before 1997 from HK parent and if not born in HK and parents are born in HK then must went back before 1997. Almost impossible set of circumstances.

·
Registered
153 Posts
3090 Strix OC showed up. However I do not think I want to wait for an Optimus Block so off she goes to be sold and wait for a KP Block.

I would pay Optimus for a front of the line spot for the Strix :p Just kidding.

·
BOINC Cruncher
Serenity Numbskull
1,001 Posts

Pure silver is too soft for the application I think. Would be very difficult to machine.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,534 ·
3090 Strix OC showed up. However I do not think I want to wait for an Optimus Block so off she goes to be sold and wait for a KP Block.

I would pay Optimus for a front of the line spot for the Strix :p Just kidding.
I know someone who actually want to buy one if you sell

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Pure silver is too soft for the application I think. Would be very difficult to machine.
I had a solid silver CPU block in 2001 so I think it's possible now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
There was a review a few years ago where an AC .925 silver variant was about 2C lower than the copper one with a low TDP processor I believe? .999 Sig V2 should be great with 500W+ 10980XE?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,538 · (Edited)

Keep up the good work. I was just speaking with my friend that is using your Sig V2 Block and Fittings and your GPU blocks are his preferred choice whenever he upgrades GPU. Couple of my friends and contacts very interested in your glass reservoir (that can be mounted on fans).

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,539 ·
I am waiting for the KP block. I already have a KP Hydro copper so no point in buying a block for the strix. 3090 KP probably performs better anywho.
I am number 1 on list for Strix Block myself. I'm more excited for Optimus other products like Radiator and Glass Reservoir

·
Official OptimusPC.com
594 Posts
There are ways around this :) In fact, we've already made a full silver Gen2 cold plate. Works great :D

It's just the cost is bananas and dealing with the machining chips would be nuts. It's one thing to have a barrel of copper shavings from machining, but a barrel of solid silver would be crazy. It'd be worth a fortune and I don't know what'd we even do with it. Jewelers don't even deal with that kind of production -- we start from raw silver bars, they start from cast blanks.

But, hey, if people want it, we'll put it on the project list :)

9521 - 9540 of 9928 Posts