Overclock.net banner
9541 - 9560 of 10062 Posts

·
Still here...
4,806 Posts
^Silver melts at 1,763°F (961.8°C). Maybe get a cheap forge and melt it down into small ingots? Then you could add an ingot to each block package, charge extra for it, and recoup some of the money you spent on source materials.

But hey, how 'bout platinum? Now that would be something.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an Optimus foundation block with a z490-e strix board and am considering going direct die with the rockitcool kit. I'm a bit nervous about clearance and compatibility. Will this combination work? I've seen a few comments saying that the Foundation isn't really meant for direct die use, but I'm not sure about the validity there. I know the Asus boards are pretty tight and don't work with bigger EK blocks, but seems like the lower profile Optimus ones should work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are ways around this :) In fact, we've already made a full silver Gen2 cold plate. Works great :D

It's just the cost is bananas and dealing with the machining chips would be nuts. It's one thing to have a barrel of copper shavings from machining, but a barrel of solid silver would be crazy. It'd be worth a fortune and I don't know what'd we even do with it. Jewelers don't even deal with that kind of production -- we start from raw silver bars, they start from cast blanks.

But, hey, if people want it, we'll put it on the project list :)
melt the chips down into cast blanks and sell them to jewelers lol

·
Official OptimusPC.com
611 Posts
I have an Optimus foundation block with a z490-e strix board and am considering going direct die with the rockitcool kit. I'm a bit nervous about clearance and compatibility. Will this combination work? I've seen a few comments saying that the Foundation isn't really meant for direct die use, but I'm not sure about the validity there. I know the Asus boards are pretty tight and don't work with bigger EK blocks, but seems like the lower profile Optimus ones should work.
Good questions: All our blocks good for direct die, because our mounting style doesn't use stops and springs, it allows for hard mounting to any depth. And gives you a lot more control to dial in the tension.

With direct die, the challenges are the size of the die and the bracket. Our Signature was specially designed to handle direct die really well, though Foundation works as well. Both have bows that allow the cold plate to get inside the die bracket without conflicting with the mount outside.

also, our block arms are slim but beefy for easy clearance :)

·
Official OptimusPC.com
611 Posts
With all the material talk, how about instead of Acrylic tops, you also do Sapphire?
We do have something fancy in the works, not sapphire but a step up from other materials

melt the chips down into cast blanks and sell them to jewelers lol
not bad idea, maybe we'll make Optimus silver coins and advertise on late night tv

The block would weigh 10lbs :ROFLMAO:
So not much more than the current block :D

·
Registered
916 Posts
We do have something fancy in the works, not sapphire but a step up from other materials
Smoked/coloured acrylic would probably be pretty nice for an after-sale "mod", I know you can buy cast acrylic in colours but not sure if it's the same type you all use.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,552 ·

not bad idea, maybe we'll make Optimus silver coins and advertise on late night tv

So not much more than the current block :D
Keep us informed. Might use that for lga1700

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Electrochromic glass maybe? Haha. On behalf of everyone, I’d like to say thank you for the increased presence in this thread. I didn’t exactly get permission to speak on behalf of anyone but I doubt anyone would argue with that statement.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,554 ·
Electrochromic glass maybe? Haha. On behalf of everyone, I’d like to say thank you for the increased presence in this thread. I didn’t exactly get permission to speak on behalf of anyone but I doubt anyone would argue with that statement.
Me too. We always enjoy talking watercooling and products with Optimus. One reason i really this brand - quality and they get us genuinely excited for there products. So much that some of us will sell there products to friends looking at high end watercooling.

·
Still here...
4,806 Posts
Good questions: All our blocks good for direct die, because our mounting style doesn't use stops and springs, it allows for hard mounting to any depth. And gives you a lot more control to dial in the tension.

With direct die, the challenges are the size of the die and the bracket. Our Signature was specially designed to handle direct die really well, though Foundation works as well. Both have bows that allow the cold plate to get inside the die bracket without conflicting with the mount outside.
Curious, do you provide some sort of disclaimer when it comes to using your blocks in a direct die setup; and or instructions on how to mount them properly that way? I realize a lot of us are adults here who should know better, but we're really posting in an environment that includes all kinds of questionable characters.

Just saying. I realize that in your warranty you do state incorrect usage cannot be covered. For example, forcing screws into threads, over tightening thumb screws or modding products. Not sure how well that covers you though given what I stated above.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,556 ·
Really curious about optimus radiator. I just put into service my mo-ra3 420 with dual pump top and so far it’s fairly restrictive. In order to get 1gpm i need pumps running at 65-70%

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,557 ·
Apparently reference (xc3) after kingpin on optimus twitter

• Rep+
Reactions: acoustic

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ew.

Make an FE block :p I would consider a 3090 FE (especially since the price, you know, actually makes sense) if I could get a good block for it. I know EK makes one, but ... EK ..

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,559 ·
Ew.

Make an FE block :p I would consider a 3090 FE (especially since the price, you know, actually makes sense) if I could get a good block for it. I know EK makes one, but ... EK ..
Doesn’t seem like happening. Thats why i glad i avoided founders. Hope next one is referrence.

I have no issues paying optimus prices for its gpu block but aib cards, i rather not pay.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Doesn’t seem like happening. Thats why i glad i avoided founders. Hope next one is referrence.

I have no issues paying optimus prices for its gpu block but aib cards, i rather not pay.
The FE is built pretty well too. I'd probably shunt mod it since the power limit kinda sucks.

9541 - 9560 of 10062 Posts