Overclock.net banner
9841 - 9860 of 10930 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,841 ·
When I was in-between batches of my EXT radiator stands, I had promised customers a 2-3 week pre-order ETA for the powder coated EXT's. I chose that amount of time because I knew I was able to overdeliver on the timeline. Suffice to say, I've taken quite a few notes from analyzing causes and effects in this thread.
Did you see the response to linus review on aquacomputer leak shield. Lot of noobs responses, especially on price and availability of items. They forgot the expensive shipping and difficulty to get aquacomputer stuff in general. Also linus forgot to mention that that reservoir/pump are not 120usd.

Also the limitations of the unit with dual pumps and dual reservoir setups.

·
Founder
2,222 Posts
Wasn't really trying to go anywhere with what I said. The anger has most definitely subsided in this thread for ETA's which is relieving to see. I just hope you guys get your Strix blocks like the ETA had stated when they were ordered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wasn't really trying to go anywhere with what I said. The anger has most definitely subsided in this thread for ETA's which is relieving to see. I just hope you guys get your Strix blocks like the ETA had stated when they were ordered.
Luckily I had the luxury of knowing Optimus has a history of vastly overpromising delivery times (their fault or not, it happened) so my expectations were set accordingly from the start. Obviously I'd like my Strix block to be here within 6 weeks like they said, but I'm not going to be alarmed if it's not. If we're nearing the end of August and it's still not here then I'll be slightly frustrated though.

Mostly Acrylic Pump Top when? Only part of the reservoir they don't have in stock.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,845 ·
No worries. We are just curious we all have temp solutions. I am currently occupied with my custom keyboard project (pushing project forward). Just changed my mind on switches, ordered an extra keycap set (available now not group buy). 1000Cad gone into that project.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You and me are probably among the first.
I ordered mine on the 10th June at 10 30pm,so it’s been a complete month now. Hopefully this or next week,can’t wait to put it on my Strix.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I love how bold Optimus is. Never saw sub 10C delta claim before from other gpu waterblock brands. Other brands are always vague.

I achieved 5C delta with my Vega 64 LC gpu, Barrow waterblock and liquid metal. Vega 64 LC is extremely power hungry card. It was a dream.

After switching to Nvidia and thermal paste die-water delta take a HUGE hit. Love seeing sub 10C claim.

Cpus are more tricky but do we have a delta number ? I'm using phanteks c350i and 9900kf. Veeery disappointed with the performance. Heat transfer from die to loop is just very poor. Also their acrylic 100% cracks but doesn't leak thankfuly.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,851 ·

·
Still here...
5,018 Posts
Didn't see what follows posted here; posting it for the record (my apologies if it's a repost):

·
Registered
789 Posts
What's a healthy L/H rate for flow in a loop? I finally got my Aquacomputer High Flow NEXT in the loop .. works great! The water quality is a bit confusing as it goes up and down as the water temp goes up/down.. but assuming it'll steady as it runs.

I ended up re-doing some of my runs.. I think it came out better. I noticed my GPU temp maxed at 41-42 where it used to be 44-46 .. I think one of the runs from the GPU to the rad were not very good and it was being restrictive.

Either way.. it's great!

Water temp at idle was 21c, after full load in Metro Exodus it was 29.5c. Fans were running slow too. Love it

·
Lost in SoCal
868 Posts
I'd say above 1.5LPH, 2 being where I feel comfortable... But honestly the loss for lower flow isn't bad as long as there is some decent movement.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,515 Posts
I love how bold Optimus is. Never saw sub 10C delta claim before from other gpu waterblock brands. Other brands are always vague.

I achieved 5C delta with my Vega 64 LC gpu, Barrow waterblock and liquid metal. Vega 64 LC is extremely power hungry card. It was a dream.

After switching to Nvidia and thermal paste die-water delta take a HUGE hit. Love seeing sub 10C claim.

Cpus are more tricky but do we have a delta number ? I'm using phanteks c350i and 9900kf. Veeery disappointed with the performance. Heat transfer from die to loop is just very poor. Also their acrylic 100% cracks but doesn't leak thankfuly.
My heatkiller blocks on 2080Tis are 1.2C delta at idle and 8C under heavy load, typical gaming around 6C. They dont publish any delta information Im aware of. They just make good blocks.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,515 Posts
I'd say above 1.5LPH, 2 being where I feel comfortable... But honestly the loss for lower flow isn't bad as long as there is some decent movement.
1.5LPH? Are you really meaning 1.5LPM? Im sitting here cranking 335LPH. Higher than most with 3 D5s
Id crap my drawers if I saw 1.5LPH. That means all but one of my pumps have failed and I have a severe blockage somewhere.
I prefer high flow rates to get better pressure at the block inlets. Some non restrictive blocks are OK with a lower flow rate but I generally find the less restrictive ones to not perform as well. Take for instance the Sig V2. Its fairly restrictive compared to some others I've run but it performs in the top tier. My flow rate drops 15LPH between the Sig V2 or the foundation and the EK Magnitude.

You just need to make sure your pumps have enough a$$ to deliver enough flow for the restrictions you have. Ive never run a single pump. Always at least two. More flow and redundancy should one crap out. The more the merrier but in small cases thats hard to do without an external rad and depending on your heat load small cases often done offer enough rad surface area to dissipate the heat. Im a bit over kill but cooler is always better. My liquid temp doesnt go past 30C with a 10980XE OCd to anyhere from 4.7 to 5.1 GHZ and a pair of Strix 2080Ti 011G OC edition cards fully loaded. Fans will spin up but thats how my curves are set, 30C max. If Im loading the crap out of everything the fans will get close to max rpms but never quite get there.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,858 ·
1.5LPH? Are you really meaning 1.5LPM? Im sitting here cranking 335LPH. Higher than most with 3 D5s
Id crap my drawers if I saw 1.5LPH. That means all but one of my pumps have failed and I have a severe blockage somewhere.
I prefer high flow rates to get better pressure at the block inlets. Some non restrictive blocks are OK with a lower flow rate but I generally find the less restrictive ones to not perform as well. Take for instance the Sig V2. Its fairly restrictive compared to some others I've run but it performs in the top tier. My flow rate drops 15LPH between the Sig V2 or the foundation and the EK Magnitude.

You just need to make sure your pumps have enough a$$ to deliver enough flow for the restrictions you have. Ive never run a single pump. Always at least two. More flow and redundancy should one crap out. The more the merrier but in small cases thats hard to do without an external rad and depending on your heat load small cases often done offer enough rad surface area to dissipate the heat. Im a bit over kill but cooler is always better. My liquid temp doesnt go past 30C with a 10980XE OCd to anyhere from 4.7 to 5.1 GHZ and a pair of Strix 2080Ti 011G OC edition cards fully loaded. Fans will spin up but thats how my curves are set, 30C max. If Im loading the crap out of everything the fans will get close to max rpms but never quite get there.
I agree. Next build im going internal with dual d5. So four d5 in total.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Oh man, I'm getting an EVGA Kingpin RTX 3090 soon, and I'm selling my Strix OC 3090 with a waterblock and active backplate for just enough to get the Kingpin block etc.

I'm soooo stoked!!!

• Rep+
Reactions: Section31 and chibi
9841 - 9860 of 10930 Posts