Overclock.net banner
9861 - 9880 of 9934 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Oh @Optimus WC Is there a price on the Kingpin block and active backplate yet? Even an estimate if you can?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Oh man, I'm getting an EVGA Kingpin RTX 3090 soon, and I'm selling my Strix OC 3090 with a waterblock and active backplate for just enough to get the Kingpin block etc.

I'm soooo stoked!!!
Dude you're going to max out the FPS in Diablo 3 no prob with the Kingpin! See you in game :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Dude you're going to max out the FPS in Diablo 3 no prob with the Kingpin! See you in game :ROFLMAO:
8K 60FPS on a 3090🤢700 FPS in Diablo 3. 😁

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,865 ·
Oh man, I'm getting an EVGA Kingpin RTX 3090 soon, and I'm selling my Strix OC 3090 with a waterblock and active backplate for just enough to get the Kingpin block etc.

I'm soooo stoked!!!
The optimus fan club lol.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,868 ·

·
Lost in SoCal
789 Posts
1.5LPH? Are you really meaning 1.5LPM? Im sitting here cranking 335LPH. Higher than most with 3 D5s
Id crap my drawers if I saw 1.5LPH. That means all but one of my pumps have failed and I have a severe blockage somewhere.
I prefer high flow rates to get better pressure at the block inlets. Some non restrictive blocks are OK with a lower flow rate but I generally find the less restrictive ones to not perform as well. Take for instance the Sig V2. Its fairly restrictive compared to some others I've run but it performs in the top tier. My flow rate drops 15LPH between the Sig V2 or the foundation and the EK Magnitude.

You just need to make sure your pumps have enough a$$ to deliver enough flow for the restrictions you have. Ive never run a single pump. Always at least two. More flow and redundancy should one crap out. The more the merrier but in small cases thats hard to do without an external rad and depending on your heat load small cases often done offer enough rad surface area to dissipate the heat. Im a bit over kill but cooler is always better. My liquid temp doesnt go past 30C with a 10980XE OCd to anyhere from 4.7 to 5.1 GHZ and a pair of Strix 2080Ti 011G OC edition cards fully loaded. Fans will spin up but thats how my curves are set, 30C max. If Im loading the crap out of everything the fans will get close to max rpms but never quite get there.
Whoops- tired conversion in my head! Yeah, per minute is better. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Hopefully not that high but it'll be expensive. Other option is the Hydrocopper
What to expect when you're expecting, Kingpin Edition.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
0451 said it best. If you are buying anything associated with the Kingpin edition expect to pay top dollar.
I'm not knocking the quality etc, but since there are so few of these models, add ons such as waterblocks and backplates are custom runs costing much more. It's hard for the manufacturer to amortize fixed costs with so few quantity.
Kedarwolf, enjoy the Kingpin.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to change the flow meter setting to read GPM. Either way, looks like my 180-185LPH is equivalent to 0.8GPM. That was with the D5 at only 4100RPM.
"ideal flow rate" really depends, basically it has to either be at or above the point where reducing it lowers your loop performance. I've never personally had a loop where if I kept increasing my flow rate my performance kept going up, they always topped out at some point.

·
Lost in SoCal
789 Posts
Seconded, and I'll throw in that the floor of that improvement can be surprising (especially in a simple loop). .8 GPM should be fine.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,877 ·
Seconded, and I'll throw in that the floor of that improvement can be surprising (especially in a simple loop). .8 GPM should be fine.
Lol I plan to follow shawnb99 and add more pumps lol. Lets beat his 6 pumps

• Rep+
Reactions: acoustic

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah I'll have to test upping the D5 and see if it does anything. I may try and lower it even further (watching temps of course) for less noise. The D5 isn't loud but when everything else is so quiet, the pump at 4900rpm can be noticeable.

My entire PC is down right now since my basement is currently flooding and I had to pull all my electronics out.. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
"ideal flow rate" really depends, basically it has to either be at or above the point where reducing it lowers your loop performance. I've never personally had a loop where if I kept increasing my flow rate my performance kept going up, they always topped out at some point.
Once you hit 3GPM the returns are miniscule. Even past 1GPM it's not really worth it as it's at best a 1-3 degree difference.

Lol I plan to follow shawnb99 and add more pumps lol. Lets beat his 6 pumps
I think the 65 fans is more impressive

9861 - 9880 of 9934 Posts