Overclock.net banner
9881 - 9900 of 9934 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,881 ·
Once you hit 3GPM the returns are miniscule. Even past 1GPM it's not really worth it as it's at best a 1-3 degree difference.

I think the 65 fans is more impressive
Thats hard to beat lol. Im at 21fans total. I just need to go overkill lol.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
I could fit two more if I was willing to drill a couple holes for the tubing... Now that I think about it, that might actually be a great idea. Hook up a pair of QDC's and make it easy to remove the pedestal as needed.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,883 ·
I could fit two more if I was willing to drill a couple holes for the tubing... Now that I think about it, that might actually be a great idea. Hook up a pair of QDC's and make it easy to remove the pedestal as needed.
Build it like mine lol.

·
Old dog, likes new tricks
2,598 Posts
I've been running a pair of old Koolance 3/8 5/8 QDCs in my M8 forever now, very handy for disconnecting the pedestal. I think I've been running the same pair of QD3's for over 10 years, LOL!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
"ideal flow rate" really depends, basically it has to either be at or above the point where reducing it lowers your loop performance. I've never personally had a loop where if I kept increasing my flow rate my performance kept going up, they always topped out at some point.
It depends in large part on your fan speed. It's increasingly more beneficial to have higher flow rate when you have a higher rate of air making contact with the fins on the radiator. The heat transfer is a result of the delta between the water temperature and the air temperature. It's not a linear benefit though. I don't think you really need more than 1GPM. Not for any noticeable difference in performance. You could gain a few degrees if you're going all out with 30x 3000rpm fans at 2-3GPM. The question is if it's really worth it. I'm doing a rebuild this weekend and going with a 3 pump setup, but mainly just to compensate for my use of multiple QDC3s. And also I actually am running 30x 3000 rpm fans. But it's not necessary unless you're OCD about a few extra degrees. Which I am. :p The 6 pumps on shawn's build is just crazy. Haha.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,322 Posts
Thats hard to beat lol. Im at 21fans total. I just need to go overkill lol.
I actually yanked a buttload of fans as I found them useless. Was running push pull in everything until I discovered all you need are single fans with some a$$ and a high static pressure for the rads. I had 23 fans total now running 14.

For flow I agree on the 1GPM being about as high as you can go with diminishing returns past that. Im just below 1GPM at present.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So I just finished putting together my first loop. I am running Bitspower PETG with XSPC TX radiators, an EK FLT120 D5/Res and a pair of Optimus blocks for my FTW3 3080 and 10700k.

At the moment, I am just running distilled water w/Mayhems dye waiting for my XSPC biocide to arrive this week, however I am noticing something troubling. I just finished it all yesterday, added the dye and started doing live tests (I had already done leak tests with another PSU + air tests) with all the system running etc and it looked great. (I had previously cleaned out the radiators with hot distilled water shaken and then flushed with distilled until no gunk came out).

However, today I am noticing all the dye is gone out of the water and it looks like it is collecting on the CPU block (my GPU is normally mounted so I cannot see those fins).

Has anyone else had this issue? Its looking like I am going to need to do a full teardown/clean which sucks but what should I do to avoid this down the road, are dyes safe with Optimus blocks? I hadn't seen anywhere saying you shouldn't run them.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,322 Posts
Yeah ive had that happen except it collected in everything. After went to the premix and never looked back. I just have DW with biocide in ATM but about to add my MORA3 to the loop and 5 liters of Mayhems pastel red premix at the ready. Could be something reacting to take the dye out of suspension from one dissimilar metal part or just the dye. For me it was just the dye coming out of suspension and lodging. What kind of flow rate do you have? The optimus blocks are a bit restrictive and may take another pump in serial.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah ive had that happen except it collected in everything. After went to the premix and never looked back. I just have DW with biocide in ATM but about to add my MORA3 to the loop and 5 liters of Mayhems pastel red premix at the ready. Could be something reacting to take the dye out of suspension from one dissimilar metal part or just the dye. For me it was just the dye coming out of suspension and lodging. What kind of flow rate do you have? The optimus blocks are a bit restrictive and may take another pump in serial.
I was initially thinking of going with a concentrate mix but Mayhems is so difficult to get here in the states for clear XT-1 V2 which is the stuff that is safe for PETG usage.

It is a small ITX build with ~600ml of liquid in it with a D5 pump so I certainly hope that it isn't having flow problems lol. I am wondering if there was some crud left in the radiators since I didnt do like a deep Blitz style cleaning and that caused it to come out of suspension.

I think I may end up taking the loop apart and cleaning the CPU jets but I really want to avoid taking the GPU out/apart due to the way it is built lol. I will probably grab some Blitz Part 2 and run it through the loop to clear it out before filling/dying it again.

Edit - It shouldn't have any metal reactions, the only components are the TX rads, Optimus blocks, Bitspower fittings, and EK pump.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My basement is currently ****ed due to water coming seeping through the foundation. Until that's fixed, I was just going to let the PC sit.

Decided I can't just do that, so I brought it upstairs and hooked it up to the 65" LG C9. 4K/120hz + HDR? Looks fantastic!! I also got the rest of the air out of the loop. I'm sitting at 0.88GPM (previously was giving me about 0.80GPM when I first filled) at 4100rpm on the D5. Water temp went up considerably because it's so much warmer upstairs than it is in my frozen tundra of a basement.

I've always been curious of how the PC would look on the OLED .. and hot damn, I need that 42" to get released already. Everything looks amazing.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,891 ·
My basement is currently ****ed due to water coming seeping through the foundation. Until that's fixed, I was just going to let the PC sit.

Decided I can't just do that, so I brought it upstairs and hooked it up to the 65" LG C9. 4K/120hz + HDR? Looks fantastic!! I also got the rest of the air out of the loop. I'm sitting at 0.88GPM (previously was giving me about 0.80GPM when I first filled) at 4100rpm on the D5. Water temp went up considerably because it's so much warmer upstairs than it is in my frozen tundra of a basement.

I've always been curious of how the PC would look on the OLED .. and hot damn, I need that 42" to get released already. Everything looks amazing.
The new watercool rads are pretty low hit on flow rate i know. I take an beating the moment the mo-ra back on.

• Rep+
Reactions: acoustic

·
Registered
595 Posts
After topping the reservoir off with some distilled, and giving it a little more shakey shakey, I'm now sitting at a cool 0.98GPM per Aquasuite.

I love this High Flow NEXT; fantastic purchase. I have to post pics of the re-routing I did -- my tube runs came out much cleaner this time, after I dropped another $130 in Microcenter on Bitspower fittings :( lol

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,893 ·
After topping the reservoir off with some distilled, and giving it a little more shakey shakey, I'm now sitting at a cool 0.98GPM per Aquasuite.

I love this High Flow NEXT; fantastic purchase. I have to post pics of the re-routing I did -- my tube runs came out much cleaner this time, after I dropped another $130 in Microcenter on Bitspower fittings :( lol
That's normal

·
I can count to potato
969 Posts
Well I'm fired up to move now... Heard everyone's horror stories on blocks taking forever to be delivered. Decided to get my FTW3 block shipped to a friend in the city I'm moving to. Got a shipping notification today, ordered in on the 2nd. Figured I'd be waiting 4-6 weeks.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,322 Posts
I was initially thinking of going with a concentrate mix but Mayhems is so difficult to get here in the states for clear XT-1 V2 which is the stuff that is safe for PETG usage.

It is a small ITX build with ~600ml of liquid in it with a D5 pump so I certainly hope that it isn't having flow problems lol. I am wondering if there was some crud left in the radiators since I didnt do like a deep Blitz style cleaning and that caused it to come out of suspension.

I think I may end up taking the loop apart and cleaning the CPU jets but I really want to avoid taking the GPU out/apart due to the way it is built lol. I will probably grab some Blitz Part 2 and run it through the loop to clear it out before filling/dying it again.

Edit - It shouldn't have any metal reactions, the only components are the TX rads, Optimus blocks, Bitspower fittings, and EK pump.
Im using the pastel red in PETG with no problems.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,897 ·
Im using the pastel red in PETG with no problems.

Decided to test out my mayhem xtr 4nm. Don’t particularly see any major improvement.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,322 Posts
View attachment 2517723 View attachment 2517724
View attachment 2517725

Decided to test out my mayhem xtr 4nm. Don’t particularly see any major improvement.
I’ve not seen much difference if any in performance from one coolant to the next. Back in the day we tried anything from glycol to DW with water wetter, alcohol and even windex LOL. Nothing really showed any improvement. I’m happy if it flows, doesn’t have particulates in it and doesn’t start it’s own science project up in my loop and looks good if possible.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,899 ·
Anyone see RTX A6000 reviews, apparently gddr6x is reason why ampere is an power hog.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anyone see RTX A6000 reviews, apparently gddr6x is reason why ampere is an power hog.
yeah looking at the 3070ti founders edition review techpowerup noted that while the 3070ti offers around 7 % more fps it uses 80 watts more power due to the use of gddr6x memory. has their been any rumblings on a gddr7 ? i am curious what will be used for rtx 4000 series and 7000 series amd

9881 - 9900 of 9934 Posts