Overclock.net banner
10061 - 10080 of 10963 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,062 · (Edited)
It was funny, as I was crunching to finish this rebuild due to multiple brand collabs, the night I finished the entirety of it - the KPE block was launched.

I think the rig turned out pretty sweet though. That Optimus KPE block will be looking good front and center of this one though...

Sweet. Can’t wait for our collaboration build results after seeing this.

Nice use of the usb hub. I find those hubs really useful for aquacomputer gear

·
Founder
2,223 Posts
Sweet. Can’t wait for our collaboration build results after seeing this.

Nice use of the usb hub. I find those hubs really useful for aquacomputer gear
Yeah man! It should be pretty cool, I'm excited for ya!

And yeah those Anker 4 port hubs are amazing, I bought like 5 of them for various uses lol

Getting there (just an update):

I'll probably go over it with GORD's one more time and call it ready for mounting.
That looks awesome dude! Well done on the holes, looks super clean.

·
Registered
797 Posts
It was funny, as I was crunching to finish this rebuild due to multiple brand collabs, the night I finished the entirety of it - the KPE block was launched.

I think the rig turned out pretty sweet though. That Optimus KPE block will be looking good front and center of this one though...

What fittings and tubing are those? Beautiful as always, Haus :)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,067 ·

·
Still here...
5,027 Posts
That looks awesome dude! Well done on the holes, looks super clean.
Looks better than most companies backplates LOL
Thanks, guys :) Going to track thermals and flow using that backplate combo with the Hydro Copper block, then bump them against the readings I take using the Optimus Active block set (once it arrives).

·
Founder
2,223 Posts
What fittings and tubing are those? Beautiful as always, Haus :)
Thank you sir!

For the soft tubing, I used EK's Torque compression and their Torque Rotaries. The rotaries have such a nice aesthetic to me. For tubing it's EPDM tubing from McMaster Carr. Honestly it's about the same price as EK's ZMT but much easier for me to get, plus no branding on the tubing itself.

For hard tubing I use Monsoon EV2 fittings. Best ones out there for hard tubing. And then of course Monsoon PETG. Drain valve is a Phanteks.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
So I just swapped my Aquacomputer Kryos Next CPU block with the Optimus Signature block....and the difference is far beyond what I had expected. In non-AVX stress testing, 11900k with 5GHz all core clock, I was at 46-51C depending on the core. I’ll get to some manual overclocking the next few days but the Optimus hype is real.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, Like to check in and ask if anyone here has installed the optimus GPU waterblock with an Evga RTX3080ti FTW ultra?
Just installed mine and immediately noticed weird issues with my system like random black screens in windows (on idle) and games cant seem to launch, when i go to BIOS it seems to lag when i navigate around.

I think it might be an issue of me over tightening the block against the black plate? But the problem is because the thermal pad on the back plate is so thick that if i dont tighten it, i dont get full contact ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Official OptimusPC.com
660 Posts
Hi, Like to check in and ask if anyone here has installed the optimus GPU waterblock with an Evga RTX3080ti FTW ultra?
Just installed mine and immediately noticed weird issues with my system like random black screens in windows (on idle) and games cant seem to launch, when i go to BIOS it seems to lag when i navigate around.

I think it might be an issue of me over tightening the block against the black plate? But the problem is because the thermal pad on the back plate is so thick that if i dont tighten it, i dont get full contact ?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Hey there, never heard of that issue, you should tighten as much as you can -- it's virtually impossible to damage the card because of the way the card is supported with the backplate. It's a clamshell design, not the typical backplate + front block.

And because you're sandwiching the PCB, there's nothing to break on the card like a socket or pins or whatever, it's all compressed nicely :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, thank you for your swift reply and confirmation on the way the block is designed and mounted. I have just removed it from my system and will inspect the card and remount it again and then report back.

thanks again

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,074 ·
Hey there, never heard of that issue, you should tighten as much as you can -- it's virtually impossible to damage the card because of the way the card is supported with the backplate. It's a clamshell design, not the typical backplate + front block.

And because you're sandwiching the PCB, there's nothing to break on the card like a socket or pins or whatever, it's all compressed nicely :)
Will you guys be getting alderlake samples. Curious to know the performance of your blocks with these chips.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,076 ·
We'd like to, we'll put feelers out, GPUs are keeping us busy as expanding the operations :)
I definitely am interested in helping you out. If alderlake is good as rumors as is, i will get it. Just e-mail me.

·
BOINC Cruncher
Serenity Numbskull
1,007 Posts
So I just swapped my Aquacomputer Kryos Next CPU block with the Optimus Signature block....and the difference is far beyond what I had expected. In non-AVX stress testing, 11900k with 5GHz all core clock, I was at 46-51C depending on the core. I’ll get to some manual overclocking the next few days but the Optimus hype is real.
The Kryos Next Silver/PVD CPU block is a lot closer to the Optimus Foundation block on my 3950X if you use the Aquacomputer AM4 offset mounting brackets. Makes the comparison much closer. Within a degree or two.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The Kryos Next Silver/PVD CPU block is a lot closer to the Optimus Foundation block on my 3950X if you use the Aquacomputer AM4 offset mounting brackets. Makes the comparison much closer. Within a degree or two.
Big problem I had with the Kryos Next is that I broke off a few screws and had to reorder from Germany because it uses springs and that makes it hard to have as good of a contact between the cold plate and the ihs. The Optimus Signature block, not Foundation (I have no experience with the foundation) has no springs and you can be an idiot like me and keep turning until the cows come home. Haha. I put the increased performance far more heavily on better cold plate contact/pressure than that of the fin/jet plate design difference.

·
BOINC Cruncher
Serenity Numbskull
1,007 Posts
Big problem I had with the Kryos Next is that I broke off a few screws and had to reorder from Germany because it uses springs and that makes it hard to have as good of a contact between the cold plate and the ihs. The Optimus Signature block, not Foundation (I have no experience with the foundation) has no springs and you can be an idiot like me and keep turning until the cows come home. Haha. I put the increased performance far more heavily on better cold plate contact/pressure than that of the fin/jet plate design difference.
Yes, I agree. I wish I could reef down the AC Kryos block to the max like I can do with the Optimus Foundation. The hold down screws just bottom out on the Kryos Cuplex Next block.
But I did get about 4 degrees better cooling with the offset bracket compared to the stock configuration I originally got it in. I ordered the offset brackets when they were developed and they work.

10061 - 10080 of 10963 Posts