Overclock.net banner
11161 - 11180 of 11343 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Noctua released their Chromax NF-A12x25 today. Just ordered a set!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Wow that press release is a massive wall of text for what amounts to a black version of a brown fan. Noctua must be sweating profusely over the Phanteks T30.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Regardless, it was only 3 years in the making. Glad the T30's came out to give Noctua a kick in the butt to get these out asap. I was trying to order the T30's for their daisy chain ability as that's one of the big features I liked over the Noctua's. Unfortunately, my case does not support the extra depth for my rad and fan placements. I was thinking of hack up the case to make the T30's fit but now I'll just replace my brown fans and call it a day.

Electronic instrument Kitchen appliance Gas Audio equipment Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Regardless, it was only 3 years in the making. Glad the T30's came out to give Noctua a kick in the butt to get these out asap. I was trying to order the T30's for their daisy chain ability as that's one of the big features I liked over the Noctua's. Unfortunately, my case does not support the extra width for my rad and fan placements. I was thinking of hack up the case to make the T30's fit but now I'll just replace my brown fans and call it a day.

View attachment 2528484
Why not paint the fans instead? Barefooter wrote how to paint Noctuas in his Big Red Devastator build log.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Not interested in taking the fans apart. Also, there's something to be said about fan blade balancing, turbulence, noise signature that I'm confident painting them would obscure some what that it's just not worth it to me. Another $450 in fans isn't going to break the bank so at worst case, I'll have 10 extra brown hot spares.

PS - @Optimus WC really needs to come out with angled fittings/rotaries. These 90's don't match the flex compression fittings at all lol.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Not interested in taking the fans apart. Also, there's something to be said about fan blade balancing, turbulence, noise signature that I'm confident painting them would obscure some what that it's just not worth it to me. Another $450 in fans isn't going to break the bank so at worst case, I'll have 10 extra brown hot spares.

PS - @Optimus WC really needs to come out with angled fittings/rotaries. These 90's don't match the flex compression fittings at all lol.
Yeah $450 for a color change is pennies.

·
Registered
890 Posts

I wish I had your income

·
Old and Decrepit
2,598 Posts
Its always nice going out for joy rides (motorcycle, harley, cars). Bit of personal time/space from daily life adventures.
Yep, my alone time and wind therapy! I spend too much time in a car for work. Average about 2 hours a day. If I could fit what I needed on my bike Id rather go that route but Im not at all fond of riding up in the nuthouse of NYC on a bike. The only good part about my work is I dont do the 9-5 grind in the same place every day. I get to go to a different place every day and see different people. Sometime its nice and other times some of the people are real jerks. Part of my job is dealing with pi$$ed off clients. The financial data centers are the worst. They are all concentrating on who to blame instead of fixing the problem. I usually just let them vent then just say lets get your gear fixed and you guys can spend the rest of the week pointing fingers if you want, not my thing. Im not here to place blame. Im here to get you going again and the more time we spend bickering the less time I have to take care of the real problems.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,171 ·
I wish fans only cost me $450. I'm looking at about $1500 to replace all mine
Im almost same as you once i replace the sl140

·
Old and Decrepit
2,598 Posts
I wish fans only cost me $450. I'm looking at about $1500 to replace all mine
I know that path all too well. Ive reduced my fans dramatically and went for better performing fans. Not that it costs any less. Mine run about $50 each. You get what you pay for especially when it comes to rad fans. Need volume and high static pressure.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Traveling is by far, the biggest consumer of my disposable income. I’m happy with my ML140 pro fans. If I were to buy new fans today, I would still get the same 2K RPM Red ML140pro.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,174 · (Edited)
Duplicate

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
Still no reply from Optimus btw.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The financial data centers are the worst. They are all concentrating on who to blame instead of fixing the problem. I usually just let them vent then just say lets get your gear fixed and you guys can spend the rest of the week pointing fingers if you want, not my thing. Im not here to place blame. Im here to get you going again and the more time we spend bickering the less time I have to take care of the real problems.
Worked in IT at a bank for around 4 ish years and never again. The fact that we let some of these idiots be in charge of money is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Expensive hobby. There are some worse, I spend more on Harleys and RC cars than I do PCs. I have about $5K into one RC car that will do 100mph+
a Limitless?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,178 ·
Worked in IT at a bank for around 4 ish years and never again. The fact that we let some of these idiots be in charge of money is beyond me.
Financial sector jobs are like that. Ruthless. Only join them if your either great analyst (small number of positions) or you are agressive personality (always willing to do what needed to suceed for that bonus/sales target)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Noctua released their Chromax NF-A12x25 today. Just ordered a set!

It looks like a different fan hub design compared to the original.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It looks like a different fan hub design compared to the original.
Yea, original has the exposed hub ring. This one looks more like a closed off nipple. Not a fan, of the new look, but I'll take it for the colour change.

11161 - 11180 of 11343 Posts