Overclock.net banner

1161 - 1180 of 5369 Posts

·
Official OptimusPC.com
413 Posts
Yeah, things are delayed, it's definitely not something we wanted to have happen! For the GPU, we're making an upgrade that you're DEFINITELY enjoy :)

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
i forgive you either way.

·
RGB Lover
69 Posts
Yeah, things are delayed, it's definitely not something we wanted to have happen! For the GPU, we're making an upgrade that you're DEFINITELY enjoy :)
Things meaning GPU blocks or both GPU blocks and CPU blocks?

·
Official OptimusPC.com
413 Posts
Current best ETAs (this isn't exact, but we're working hard to hit these deadlines):
-backordered AM4 Foundation blocks: Monday or tuesday to ship
-GPUs: Hopefully end of next week or the week after. We're adding a new feature and then it needs to be processed so that takes an additional few days.
-Threadripper: End of next week. Same as GPU scheduling. They're both being finished concurrently and subject to the same scheduling/delays/etc.

Intel is in stock :D

·
RGB Lover
69 Posts
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166 (Edited)
Current best ETAs (this isn't exact, but we're working hard to hit these deadlines):
-backordered AM4 Foundation blocks: Monday or tuesday to ship
-GPUs: Hopefully end of next week or the week after. We're adding a new feature and then it needs to be processed so that takes an additional few days.
-Threadripper: End of next week. Same as GPU scheduling. They're both being finished concurrently and subject to the same scheduling/delays/etc.

Intel is in stock :D
I have an question. I am considering the option of ordering the 1/2 metric hard tube fittings instead of 12mm. What size tubing would work with it. It appears the only options out there is the 13mm alphacool tubing.

·
Registered
520 Posts
None of them meaning what ones? Ever AM4 block I’ve used has let me use the stock board backplate. Unless I’m missing something here.
You asked about the AM4 and none of the Optimus blocks use backplates whether AMD or Intel.

Were you guys making 3647 blocks for the W-3175X chip? Not likely to get one but just curious.

·
Official OptimusPC.com
413 Posts
I have an question. I am considering the option of ordering the 1/2 metric hard tube fittings instead of 12mm. What size tubing would work with it. It appears the only options out there is the 13mm alphacool tubing.
So the 13mm doesn't work with our fittings. Only 1/2" PETG or acrylic will work. Primochill makes good PEG. We'll be releasing metric hardlines hopefully shortly, we're just finishing the designs and scheduling up production.

You asked about the AM4 and none of the Optimus blocks use backplates whether AMD or Intel.

Were you guys making 3647 blocks for the W-3175X chip? Not likely to get one but just curious.
It's possible we'll do a 3647 block. Our Threadripper block is very close, so it'd only need slight tweaks to get there. The big question is if Intel is going to support that platform in the future or if the 3175x was just a one time thing.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,169
Thanks for the update.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Personally as much as I’d love to give their fittings a try 1/2 inch is just too hard to come by. 1/2” OD fittings are sparse. I’ve tried a lot of fittings over the years and Bitspower is the shiznit regardless.
Rotary, straight they are just awesome. When I have to wet them to get them in the two oring seat then there is another oring in compression nut it takes a very firm push to get them seated and you can feel it.

I’ve not had one flake or leak ever. I thought about going bigger but it was a passing thought as you could put 3/4 copper pipe up in there, doesn’t matter when it all gets choked down by G1/4 holes so 10mm ID is plenty and easier to work with. Anything above that won’t improve flow.

I use PETG tubing simply because it’s easier to cut and bend. Acrylic takes more heat and is more prone to cracking on cuts unless you are using a fine blade coping saw. I use a PVC cutter. Nice clean cuts.

·
Compact Splash i9 Crew
59 Posts
I just picked up a Signature V2 nickel for my 9900k. I have been tackling temp problems with my build and want to see if temps can be lowered at all. Noctua A12 fans certainly helped, will see if this block does as well.

I wanted to go copper but I am not an 'extreme' overclocker and this thread wasn't convincing me to go that route. Hope I chose wisely and the difference isn't worth any worrying! :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,172
Personally as much as I’️d love to give their fittings a try 1/2 inch is just too hard to come by. 1/2â€Â OD fittings are sparse. I’️ve tried a lot of fittings over the years and Bitspower is the shiznit regardless.
Rotary, straight they are just awesome. When I have to wet them to get them in the two oring seat then there is another oring in compression nut it takes a very firm push to get them seated and you can feel it.

I’️ve not had one flake or leak ever. I thought about going bigger but it was a passing thought as you could put 3/4 copper pipe up in there, doesn’️t matter when it all gets choked down by G1/4 holes so 10mm ID is plenty and easier to work with. Anything above that won’️t improve flow.

I use PETG tubing simply because it’️s easier to cut and bend. Acrylic takes more heat and is more prone to cracking on cuts unless you are using a fine blade coping saw. I use a PVC cutter. Nice clean cuts.
Thanks. I will be patient for them with 12mm from what they say. I have 12mm bp royal blue brass tubing (spare) so i prefer to reuse as much as possible.

I was using bitspower fittings and had issues with there regular hard tube compression fittings. There bp premium ones have been much better but still not satisfied.

I just gave away all my bp hard tubing compression fittings. Still keep the adapters,extenders, flow splitters.

·
RGB Lover
69 Posts
I had zero problems with Corsair and bitspower fittings. What were the actual problems you had?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,148 Posts
I had zero problems with Corsair and bitspower fittings. What were the actual problems you had?
No need for the "and" in that statement, since Corsair fittings are rebranded Bitspower.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
No need for the "and" in that statement, since Corsair fittings are rebranded Bitspower.

Isn’t almost everything Corsair rebranded products?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,148 Posts
Isn’t almost everything Corsair rebranded products?
The fittings are BP, the rads are HWL L-Series (with a 50% upcharge for the little sailboat decal....really, I'm not kidding). I'm not sure who makes the blocks or res, but from the look and feel of them.....maybe Fisher Price or Hasbro? :p

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
The fittings are BP, the rads are HWL L-Series (with a 50% upcharge for the little sailboat decal....really, I'm not kidding). I'm not sure who makes the blocks or res, but from the look and feel of them.....maybe Fisher Price or Hasbro? :p

I meant isn’t almost everything Corsair sells a rebranded product with an up charge for the sailboat decal.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,148 Posts
I meant isn’t almost everything Corsair sells a rebranded product with an up charge for the sailboat decal.
In cooling, absolutely. The memory products their own (as much as any memory can be one's own). The Commander stuff is also their own....though I wouldn't exactly say that is a good thing. The power supplies range from off the shelf oem to some units that they have made some nice (and some not as nice) changes to. Most of the cases are oem chassis that are shared with a number of other cases, but panels and accessories are Corsair specific.

But, this is going off topic. The only thing Corsair offers that could possibly be mentioned in the same breathe with Optimus is Bitspower fittings.

·
Overclocker in training
13,465 Posts
Hi,
Not another brand war :doh:

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
1161 - 1180 of 5369 Posts