Overclocker in training
13,929 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,197 Posts
Hi,
Not another brand war :doh:
Not at all. @Shawnb99 asked a question. And as I said in my prior post:

But, this is going off topic. The only thing Corsair offers that could possibly be mentioned in the same breathe with Optimus is Bitspower fittings.
There is no brand war here, only clarification of a question. Can't have a brand war if the segments and target users have no overlap.

Can we get back to talking about Optimus now?

·
RGB Lover
69 Posts
I had zero problems with Corsair and bitspower fittings. What were the actual problems you had?
No need for the "and" in that statement, since Corsair fittings are rebranded Bitspower.
Lol yes. That is why I mentioned them together.

As an aside though, Corsair’s radiators are probably the cleanest I have ever used. With their water cooling stuff you are also getting some pretty great QC from what I can tell.

But it’s not really that off topic because we weren’t talking about their blocks just fittings. Fittings to go with an Optimus block.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
I just picked up a Signature V2 nickel for my 9900k. I have been tackling temp problems with my build and want to see if temps can be lowered at all. Noctua A12 fans certainly helped, will see if this block does as well.

I wanted to go copper but I am not an 'extreme' overclocker and this thread wasn't convincing me to go that route. Hope I chose wisely and the difference isn't worth any worrying! :)
copper vs. nickel - for your uses, you'd probably never see the difference.

·
Overclocker in training
13,929 Posts
Hi,
Yeah nickle is just two more layers of material to cool through
Copper cold plates rule for basic thermal paste application.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,186
I had zero problems with Corsair and bitspower fittings. What were the actual problems you had?
My issues were unique to brass tubing. Less of an issue with petg. Basically the fittings were too short and brass tubing were easy to pull out/little movement and they leak.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
Hi,
Not another brand war /forum/images/smilies/doh.gif
Not at all. @Shawnb99 asked a question. And as I said in my prior post:

But, this is going off topic. The only thing Corsair offers that could possibly be mentioned in the same breathe with Optimus is Bitspower fittings.
There is no brand war here, only clarification of a question. Can't have a brand war if the segments and target users have no overlap.

Can we get back to talking about Optimus now?
We seem to be going back and forth with same set of questions. I discussed my fittings issues many pages ago. I guess this has become the unofficial optimus thread now.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
i mean, it's the only thread created for the purpose of centralizing their info, on this site.

it would'a gone official 900 posts ago if OCN mods were still how they used to be. Though, they would'a also requested optimus sign up as vendor as well, i think.

·
Compact Splash i9 Crew
59 Posts
copper vs. nickel - for your uses, you'd probably never see the difference.
That's what I figured. I am not pushing the limits to the extreme here, just basic water cooling loop. I was hoping to hear this instead of 'OH DAMN YOU LOST OUT ON 4C DROP!' :)

Hi,
Yeah nickle is just two more layers of material to cool through
Copper cold plates rule for basic thermal paste application.
True. It *is* more to go through but won't tarnish as easily. More expensive and *does* reduce efficiency though. Makes me question the choice.

I am using basic thermal paste, though, which is why I worry? Not sure if any of this matters compared to the jet plate and fin design.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
infinitesimal, some would claim.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,197 Posts
Lol yes. That is why I mentioned them together.

As an aside though, Corsair’s radiators are probably the cleanest I have ever used. With their water cooling stuff you are also getting some pretty great QC from what I can tell.

But it’s not really that off topic because we weren’t talking about their blocks just fittings. Fittings to go with an Optimus block.
And HWL rads to go with the Optimus block. And, yes, HWL ships their rads clean and have excellent QC. Glad Corsair didn't mess them up while applying their logo. :p

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
WooT

not sure of anyone else around here waiting for one aside from me.

outside of that. Optimus has posted his show room build a few times.

They're thick, but I really don't mind that in this part of life. N the big NO ISLANDS (FTW!!!) V looks dope. It would be a good sideways block for a Borderlands Vault Hunter build.
oh, i ordered 2 GPU block.. and still waiting :(

I'm putting them on two RTX Titan SLI (nvlink :p )

** edit: so next week? maybe? :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Received the optimus signature v2 today, wow is it heavy (512g). Currently benching the heatkiller iv pro before tossing the optimus block in. Was initially doing 10 test runs of each benchmark but sanity wise, dropped it to 5 because run variances showed little changes and I also didn't want to keep waiting for my water temperature to return ambient. Doing R15, R20, Timespy Extreme, Firestrike ultra, real bench, bmw blender, and h265 at 12x 4k. Recording scores, render times, individual core temps, package, widest gap, and overall average between cores.

·
Invalid Media
2,359 Posts
Received the optimus signature v2 today, wow is it heavy (512g). Currently benching the heatkiller iv pro before tossing the optimus block in. Was initially doing 10 test runs of each benchmark but sanity wise, dropped it to 5 because run variances showed little changes and I also didn't want to keep waiting for my water temperature to return ambient. Doing R15, R20, Timespy Extreme, Firestrike ultra, real bench, bmw blender, and h265 at 12x 4k. Recording scores, render times, individual core temps, package, widest gap, and overall average between cores.

Did you solve the issue then you posted on here ? https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/528648-official-heatkiller-club-423.html#post28297808

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Overclocker in training
13,929 Posts
Nope. Did another repaste, cleaned but nothing in the block. We'll see if its the block being a bit wonky or its my chip.
Hi,
Look forward to the results post an image or two over here also use rig builder and add it to your signature
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-water-cooling/584302-ocn-water-cooling-club-picture-gallery.html

BMW alone isn't all that great but a good first stability test
Opendata is much better which runs bmw and classroom

https://opendata.blender.org/

Just mount the signature normally don't bother with goofy mount
I'd disconnect the pwm from the pump so it runs 100% or dial it to 5 if on a vario D5.
Jp had good results
Read though through the thread if haven't already
https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-i...9-10980xe-5-ghz-18-cores-25.html#post28271598

This is when he thought his koolance block was doing well lol 16c difference between high/ low core temps :)
https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-i...9-10980xe-5-ghz-18-cores-19.html#post28262876

Couldn't run much else no avx offset but 4.9 temps I added after forgot to put the temps page up front after running R20 72-82c

Attachments

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
oh, i ordered 2 GPU block.. and still waiting :(

I'm putting them on two RTX Titan SLI (nvlink :p )

** edit: so next week? maybe? :)
TWOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEKS

·
Official OptimusPC.com
433 Posts
Hey guys,

Update where we're at with everything:

-AMD FOUNDATION INVENTORY: everything is shipping this coming week and then we (and PPCs) should have good stock going forward...unless we get smashed with another rush of team red orders :D

-GPU BLOCKS: So there is good news and less good news. First, we're really sorry about the delays on the blocks!! We're making sure we have the correct solution rather than the easy solution. While the block is awesome, there are some issues we've been seeing with NVIDIA PCBs and how performance can be dialed in. So we've developed an upgrade for the block that uses a fullsize backplate mount system. The backplate isn't a "backplate" like the traditional cosmetic backplate with a handful of thermal pads. Ours it's required for the block to work correctly and will be included with the GPUs. The plate is an extra thick milled aluminum slab with some unique features (no liquid cooled back...yet). The backplate mounting overcomes the issues with traditional GPU block designs and inherent issues with the NVIDIA PCB layout. Naturally, the block is delayed again a couple weeks as we get into manufacturing, anodizing, plating, gently caressing, whispering words of confidence, etc and then shipping. The good news is this upgrade, which would prob retail for $60+, is included free with all preorders!

-THREADRIPPER: We're testing the Threadripper block right now and the performance is awesome, we've already broken a number of benchmarks with less-than-ideal prototype setups. We'll be manufacturing the blocks this coming week, then all the finishing will take another week or so. So our best estimate is the week after next for delivery.

METRIC FITTINGS: We're working hard on these, aiming to launch in 2-3 weeks, though we've been hit with unexpected delays, but we're really pushing to get these done.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,199
Thanks for update. So basically optimus just confirmed they will be my Gpu block for my next GPU.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Are any of the tests using a vrm block + the waterblock vs vrm block + waterblock? Would the difference be greater by any chance?

1181 - 1200 of 5955 Posts