Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided on the opty 144. Only thing is, the only reliable source to order it from is MWave. Does anyone know what kinda steppings they're shipping out?

Edit// I just noticed on zipzomfly that their opty has E4, but I thought the opty's use E6. What major difference would this have?

· Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin_tsoi2000

I finally decided on the opty 144. Only thing is, the only reliable source to order it from is MWave. Does anyone know what kinda steppings they're shipping out?

Hum, I think the newest are the E4 stepping..which are suppost to be decent OCing steppings (run of the mill ones)

Edit: The single core opty's are all based off of the E4 stepping, the Dual core Optys (165 and up) are based off of the E6 steppings.

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
Nope... but the new SanDiego 3700+ have been OCing very well

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin_tsoi2000

Edit// I just noticed on zipzomfly that their opty has E4, but I thought the opty's use E6. What major difference would this have?

trust me my friend all steppings rox. There is no such a thing like bad stepping , cuz we havnt any kind of thread talkin about bad stepping for optys

· Registered
1,035 Posts
<--CABGE .... sadface

Pushes 2.6 on 1.55vcore 2.65 on 1.6 , never felt like going over that since im selling it to my buddy.

Just received a opty 146 from zipzoomfly i ordered last week, the night before the price increase. Got a tray processor for 179.99 5$ shipping! Stepping is CABQE, people at xtreme are hitting 2.8 on stock volts so...we'll see tonight.

Too bad my new tforce board has a bad ethernet jack so i have to rma it. But i'll do some testing before i box it up tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.