Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided on the opty 144. Only thing is, the only reliable source to order it from is MWave. Does anyone know what kinda steppings they're shipping out?

Edit// I just noticed on zipzomfly that their opty has E4, but I thought the opty's use E6. What major difference would this have?

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin_tsoi2000

I finally decided on the opty 144. Only thing is, the only reliable source to order it from is MWave. Does anyone know what kinda steppings they're shipping out?

Hum, I think the newest are the E4 stepping..which are suppost to be decent OCing steppings (run of the mill ones)

Edit: The single core opty's are all based off of the E4 stepping, the Dual core Optys (165 and up) are based off of the E6 steppings.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Nope... but the new SanDiego 3700+ have been OCing very well

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin_tsoi2000

Edit// I just noticed on zipzomfly that their opty has E4, but I thought the opty's use E6. What major difference would this have?

trust me my friend all steppings rox. There is no such a thing like bad stepping , cuz we havnt any kind of thread talkin about bad stepping for optys

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
dont worry about the stepping, all of them overclock nicely.
The CABGE stepping is said to be the worst, but you never see anyone with them, so to me they are nonexistant.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
not me, I haven't seen anyone post benchmarks, cpuz, anything with the steppings and the results...post links to a couple of the threads so I can witness this terrible stepping please...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
<--CABGE .... sadface

Pushes 2.6 on 1.55vcore 2.65 on 1.6 , never felt like going over that since im selling it to my buddy.

Just received a opty 146 from zipzoomfly i ordered last week, the night before the price increase. Got a tray processor for 179.99 5$ shipping! Stepping is CABQE, people at xtreme are hitting 2.8 on stock volts so...we'll see tonight.

Too bad my new tforce board has a bad ethernet jack so i have to rma it. But i'll do some testing before i box it up tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.