Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my 148 prime stable at 2904MHz. I know I need a little bit more vcore but my load temps are already 49-50 degrees. What's the max that I should not let the temp go over?

I'm running
264x11
1.623vcore
LDT X3.0
1.7v chipset

Have my mem on a big divider so I know that's not holding me back. I had to back down from 273 HTT to 264 to even get windows to boot at 1.6vcore. Now that I can boot i've been juicing it up .010 volts at a time.

CPU-Z says im at 1.584 to 1.6, it fluctuates. Speedfan says im at 1.58vcore. But i'm using 1.475 110% in the bios. Which is 1.623. What do I trust for accurate vcore? I don't have a multimeter.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
A multimeter is the only true reading, the software might be slightly out.
I'd say you're at about your safe limit now. Maybe you could push it a little more upto around 1.65vcore, temps to around 55°C. For 24/7 runs though, you should weigh up whether a few extra Mhz is really worth the extra voltage. Upto you in the end.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
For daily use I would keep my load at 50c. Seems that CPU needs more volts for that speed, and honestly that seems a bit high. Make sure everything is set properly. If I were you I would put your memory on a 166 or 133 divider and just test the cpu...It could very well be that your memory is the problem holding you back..
You should be able to get 2.9 with around 1.55-1.6v.
As far as your measurements, The programs usually quote lower than what is really going on.
I have found on my board that cpuz shows .05 lower than what I set in the bios. And the bios voltage reading shows .03 lower than the setting (VID+VID special)
I used a multimeter about a week ago to measure the true vcore on the board, and it's right on the VID+VID special settings..so if you are setting 1.475+110% = 1.623, that's the True measurement on the board..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by klnospicy

anyone know how much vcore i need to get 3.0 stable??

Every chip is different, so there isn't an exact answer...it's up to you to test your cpu and determine the voltage. It will most likely be between 1.65-1.75..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts