Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
! my goal is to get to 2.8ghz, and I was wondering which chip I should go with. My ram (TCCD) is stated to be able to run at 275mhz at 2.5-3-3-7, so I figured with the opty 170 I could do 280 at the same timings with a 10x multiplier and get 2.8ghz. Wouldn’t this be more efficient than getting an opty 165 and having to set up a divider? I’m not too sure how the dividers work, but I think that if I wanted to get 2.8ghz on the 165, I would have to do 311mhz on the cpu with a 9:10 (I think?) divider which would give me 280mhz on the ram. What do you guys think I should do? Would my comp have better performance by not having a memory divider? Will one method versus the other increase my chances at being stable at that speed? Thanks in advance!

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
With the Ultra D I'd say 165 as you can reach a nice high FSB with that board.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
opty has a 9x multi, so you have to run 334 x 9 to hit 3 ghz. makes you have DDR448 (obviously). you can run those speeds w/ tccd @ 3-4-4-8 2t easy. it'll help your performance as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.