Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought the Opty 180 and wondered what you guys think it will overclock to?

I've read various reviews where people have got it over 3.0 GHZ on air, hopefully I can get there.

I'm also about to buy a new PSU, could you guys advise on a good one? 100 pound spending limit but could go over that, preferably 600 W upwards.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a Denmark core. Not sure of the stepping yet as i just ordered it online and won't see it until I get home in a week or so. Do you knw much about them?

Thanks for the link for the ocz psu, I think thats what I'll go for after reading reviews and you pointing it out. Its supposed to be ideal for overclocking, extremely stable.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeking78

Its a Denmark core. Not sure of the stepping yet as i just ordered it online and won't see it until I get home in a week or so. Do you knw much about them?

Thanks for the link for the ocz psu, I think thats what I'll go for after reading reviews and you pointing it out. Its supposed to be ideal for overclocking, extremely stable.

If I were you, I'd go with the 700W, so your PSU won't be limiting your upgrades in the future. But it is a little more expensive...

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a good idea and exactly what I did. I ordered the 700W OCZ Gamexstreme, can't wait to play around with the new kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a RaidMax 630W PSU from newegg for $99, I am very happy with it. modular so you only plug in what you need, dual 12V rails for SLI, perforated black anodized aluminum housing with 2 blue LED fans for good cooling. Just don't over tighten the case mounting screws since the aluminum threads will strip easily. Haven't pushed it yet or put a volt meter on it, but it is definately worth the money. Probably will last through 2 or 3 builds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts