Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
***** i want one, what is the highest multi on a unlocked opty 146? Hay I might have a chance of having one to because my below system isnt tested out yet, still got to buy a graphics card you see.

·
Registered
688 Posts
i read somewere's that someone was testing his opteron, he took out a fx55 which he had runnin on a 11x multi and after setting the HTT to stock chucked the opteron which ran also on the 11x multi.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Happened to me with my Athlon XP. I was running my XP-M with unlocked multis and wanted to check an Athlon XP 3200 to see if it still worked. Tossed it into the mobo and went to try to OC it. Somehow I ended up being able to use all of the multis. Checked in BIOS and CPUZ and showed the different multis. There has to be something with putting in fully unlocked chips and then throwing in the regular chips that fools the mobo.... Can anyone with any of the FX chips and the regular chips verify this? I thought it was just some anomaly but if this is happening outside of my case, we might have stumbled on to something here....

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes we need someone to do a experiment, please

·
Registered
108 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negotiator

yes we need someone to do a experiment, please

this is off the subject, but your avatar is of a model car box and i have one here in my room.
worthless info.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Hmmm... my friend has an FX53. This could be handy when I get my 3700+.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i think its a glitch, for example i got an opteron 148. Once i put it in dfi mobo it read it as 14 multis... also this was shown in prime, and futuremark. Its read as 14multis.

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
Are you saying that your 148 now has the option in BIOS to set up to x14?

Please show proof..... BIOS screen shots and OS CPUz validation .. etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt3

i think its a glitch, for example i got an opteron 148. Once i put it in dfi mobo it read it as 14 multis... also this was shown in prime, and futuremark. Its read as 14multis.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

Hmmm... my friend has an FX53. This could be handy when I get my 3700+.

FX53's are socket 940, and 3700 SD's are socket 939.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ncsa

Are you saying that your 148 now has the option in BIOS to set up to x14?

Please show proof..... BIOS screen shots and OS CPUz validation .. etc

no no sorry ffor bad english.. I mean in "Prime" and "Futuremark control panel" it reads the multi as 14 not 11. Ill give ya a proof in 5 min.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
here u go.... as u can see in first pic is my asus mobo...

multis ar 11
[/URL]

this is my dfi mobo

multis are 14.5 :S
[/URL]

as conclusion no wonder why am i scoring with 2.88ghz higher than 2.95ghz. By 500 point.

i mean even to tho i got low overclocking results, but the score is way higher than than the 2.95ghz.. even tho i used same ram timings etc. In the end i think its glitch.

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
These show that your CPU is at x11 - the Memory is on a divider CPU/14 which is 5:6 mem divider (166).. so the CPU is NOT unlocked.

Johnny's Prime shows this as a calculation only and is not what the CPU is actually at.

All things look normal of that CPU.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
oops i thought 14.5 is the multi.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

FX53's are socket 940, and 3700 SD's are socket 939.

Dammit, that's right...

Way to kill my fun!

Now, I need to find someone that will be willing to loan me their $800 FX57...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts