Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi Guys,

I am Marcus from Germany, registered here because of the Compact Splash and had the chance of picking up one of the last cases. It is #070
wink.gif
The case is not here, but i got nearly all of the hardware and watercooling parts, so I started this thread and hope the case will come soon
wink.gif

C A S E - S P E C S:
- Case No: #070
- Color: Satin White
- Side Panel: Satin White + Black Smoked Acrylic
- Power Switch: Delrin / orange LED
- Front I/O: Yes
- Radiator Screws: only 6/32 available, because M4 is to big
tongue.gif

- Fillport: Yes

H A R D W A R E:
- CPU: i7 4770k with LM mod
- GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
- Ram: 8 GB Vengeance LP White DDR3-1600MHz
- Board: EVGA Z87 Stinger
- Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + HGST 1TB 7200rpm
- PSU: Silverstone SFX450W-G

C O O L I N G:
- CPU: EK Supremacy-Nickel
- GPU: EK 780 Ti CSQ-Nickel + CSQ Single Bridge
- Reservoir: EK DDC 3.2 + X-Res 100
- Fluid: Mayhems Pastel Orange
- Radiators: Alphacool 240 XT45, 120 ST30
- Fillport: XSPC Black Chrome

I will update the thread with pictures of the hardware the next days and pictures with the case when it arrives
wink.gif

The target will be an Orange/White build. I already made a project called Orange Crush but this was with a TJ07
wink.gif
All cables will be crimped with colored wires to take less room and so the airflow would have a better "flow". Radiators will be painted white, too. All will be illuminated with LEDs. I only don´t know at the moment in which position and how
biggrin.gif
... But hey thats a casemod and everything will go another way it was planned
biggrin.gif
.. More stuff I will see during assembly and project work. Hopefully everything will fit in that case!

Nice to be part of your community .. so we will see how it turns out!

cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
today I got the notice, that the package arrived at german customs, so we will see how long it takes to get it through
wink.gif

Now I have nearly everything by me. Only thing I don´t know is, if I should change the front radiator from an alphacool to EK, because it is 8mm thicker, what do you think? Is the EK performance good at lower rpm? You are the pro's regarding compact splash and SFF builds
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yesterday the Board arrived and i wanted to test everything in stock today to be sure every part is working before i mod it to watercooling etc ... As every time one part is not working. The Corsair Vengeance LP White are not working and i get a lot of memory failures through the boot up and so it do not boot up completely ... I hate it ... purchased them used from a forum marketplace ... will be nice to give them back .. I will try my best ... Give you updates soon.

The next two weeks I have some exams in my master and i hope to work a little bit on the project in my learning breaks
wink.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
During problem solving I found out that the bootstick could be the problem, because without the stick and with another hdd with an old vista version and it worked ... strange ... try to get another stick this evening.

But i did a little bit for later painting. I covered all fins on the radiators and diesassembled the red part of the mb cooler. The radiators will be white and the red part will be orange. The cover for the plugins will also be white with an orange logo.

Today i will pick up the crimping tool from Nils and the pin remover from my ex roommate. So i can do a little bit for cablemanagement for an easier routing when the case will be here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
small update ... switched from white to black and from rigid to normal tubing. But perhaps later i will switch to white, but at the moment i let it black/orange When switching to white i could use the chance to go with rigid or new hardware
tongue.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks mates, I appreciate your interest in my project
biggrin.gif
I picked the case up after university and took a look at the finish. It is good. There are only some failures in positions you do not see, so i will note powdercoat it in effect orange at the moment. Perhaps later when I refresh the hardware
wink.gif

Today my ex roommate come over and we worked on some cable management and finished the first two ones. The CPU power cable goes straight through the two top fans. But now I see, that i forgot to make a picture from the board side. I will update one tomorrow.
The other cable was the PCI-E cable. I routed the cables in that way, that you won´t see to much from them and the airflow will be good. Here are some pictures. Sry for quallity. I got the cam today and have check the possibilities of the cam
wink.gif

In the last picture it doesn´t really looks like orange .. but ... hm xD ... Bigger update will come next week where I will work on the 24pin, fans, pump, sata and perhaps lightning cables.

Here are two more for gallery
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'm gonna be going through this build log like a hawk!!!

Thus Subbed.

I was thinking of doing the wires like so, but I'd need to have my parts physically to plan a cable route.
smile.gif

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.