Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by PathogenX View Post
The reviews show that its better than the megas but i'd still go with a mega
but is the difference worth the 2 to 3 week wait??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
I would personally go with the noctua. They way it is designed will allow for quieter fans to still cool efficiently. But if you don't care about noise, It's really up to you. I would choose what I thought looked better and that would be the megahalems.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by imadude10 View Post
I would personally go with the noctua. They way it is designed will allow for quieter fans to still cool efficiently. But if you don't care about noise, It's really up to you. I would choose what I thought looked better and that would be the megahalems.
yeahhh... i need a cooler bad though im on stock with my 920. and yeahhhh my 920 is hating it!

The funny thing though the noctua is cheaper since it already has good fans lol. But it doesnt work right on the classified from what ive heard
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,183 Posts
I wouldnt wait I would just get the Megashadow. I would just get the Megahalem unless its that important to you that its black and pay extra for the same performance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,201 Posts
Why megashadow it offers no performance increase, it is just a black version. Megahalems all the way tbh. I doubt the new noctua can knock it off, some of the reviews that have come out have been dubious
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by redalert View Post
I wouldnt wait I would just get the Megashadow. I would just get the Megahalem unless its that important to you that its black and pay extra for the same performance.
i just think the megashadow will look better on my classified
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I'd wait for Noctua, they are a very good company, and offer free mounting kits for any future upgrades. Long warranty and I mean the DH14 looks epic. Wish they had that out when I got my U12P. Very good value with their own thermal paste and fans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
If you go with the D14 make sure you don't have ram with large heatsinks, like dominators or reapers, or they won't fit.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,298 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Makav3li
View Post

If you go with the D14 make sure you don't have ram with large heatsinks, like dominators or reapers, or they won't fit.

You can remove the top fins from the Dominators, then there won't be problems.

@Mocha; it depends on how much heatsink you can tolerate... if you want to keep it "slim", stick to the Mega Shadow. Otherwise, if you just don't care, wait for the Noctua.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
I would say the Megahalems + 38mm fan. Most...if not all the reviews, the tested Megahalems is using 25mm fan(s) in comparing the NH-d14.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,796 Posts
Hmm...the Noctua is supposed to be better but it might not fit on that board. The heatsink on the vregs are very large on the E760. A pull fan has to be resting on top of the vreg heatsink for the Mega E/W.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by oliverw92
View Post

Megahalems all the way tbh. I doubt the new noctua can knock it off, some of the reviews that have come out have been dubious

True!! (no pun intended)


But seriously.... get the regular Mega unless you are showcasing your rig .. the shadow offers nothing but a more attractive coat at an extra 20 bucks. ..
 

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by salamooch View Post
the shadow offers nothing but a more attractive coat at an extra 20 bucks. ..
+1, use that $20 to get a san ace fan with clips
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Can get DH-14 shipped on Friday here: http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/noctu...pu-cooler.html

Seems like they still have "stock", that is units that are coming in on Friday.

That being said, I'd go with a Mega. I'm weary of the price-tag and fans of the NH-D14. I know the fans are supposed to be good but I'm picky! The D14 would be quite fun to mess around with and try to optimize... like buying a bunch of different 140mm fans and trying them out, along with maybe some already known high performance 120mm fans.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top