Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been reading up on the FC-2 and ive been reading some not so good things and makes me wish i didnt order it now. am i going to regret it once i receive it and use it or will i be fine??

i will be using 2 gentle typhoons 1850rpm for sure on it and then maybe 2 case fans, eventually will trade them out for better case fans.

any more input on the FC-2 and problems or good things to say is welcome.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
dont know if you saw the thread here but his FC-2 was causing S-Flexes to whine when undervolted . I went with the FC-5 because of that it seems to be an issue with lower wattage fans.

• Rep+
Reactions: tanderson

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I do remember about the problems, but was told the new and current batches of the FC-2 are all good. By the time I was told about it, it was too late, I already gotten myself the Lamptron FC-5

You should be all g00d.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok great thanks guys. im thinking about getting some panaflos in the future or a more high powered fan for the case how well do those work undervolted, do ya'll know?

and yeah i wanted the FC-5 very badly, but only had about $60 bucks and wanted to pick up another couple fans along with the controller so went with the fc-2

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanderson
View Post

ok great thanks guys. im thinking about getting some panaflos in the future or a more high powered fan for the case how well do those work undervolted, do ya'll know?

and yeah i wanted the FC-5 very badly, but only had about $60 bucks and wanted to pick up another couple fans along with the controller so went with the fc-2

The panaflos undervolt pretty good without any whine or ticking noise in comparing the Ultra Kaze.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanderson View Post

actually my panaflow had some problems. It had slight buzzing when at lowest rpm's with the FC-2's.

edit: I just tried all my 38mm fans (san ace, panaflow) and S-flex. They all make this whining noice as soon as the blue LED on the FC-2 comes on. It goes away once I turn it up some more. um did I get a bad fan controller?

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
My Panaflo is ugly when undervolted. Won't buy another.

Hmm. Your FC-2 stops making fans buzz when you turn off the LED? You should post that information on this thread, where the issue of FC-2's making fans buzz came up.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by calavera
View Post

actually my panaflow had some problems. It had slight buzzing when at lowest rpm's with the FC-2's.

edit: I just tried all my 38mm fans (san ace, panaflow) and S-flex. They all make this whining noice as soon as the blue LED on the FC-2 comes on. It goes away once I turn it up some more. um did I get a bad fan controller?

sounds like it to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume
View Post

My Panaflo is ugly when undervolted. Won't buy another.

Hmm. Your FC-2 stops making fans buzz when you turn off the LED? You should post that information on this thread, where the issue of FC-2's making fans buzz came up.

what was the problem with the Panaflo just didnt sound right when undervolted? I know mine didnt whine or anything but still a little loud compared to my San ace.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redalert
View Post

what was the problem with the Panaflo just didnt sound right when undervolted? I know mine didnt whine or anything but still a little loud compared to my San ace.

Check this out. That was my fan testing at 5 volts. The Panaflo was only the equivalent of 20.7 dBA, but it's obnoxious. It whines and clicks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts