Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help on verifying that thesse parts are all gonna fit together and crap so ive decided taht im getting:
amd athlon 64 939 3200+ venice e6
asus a8n5x (already own)
aspire 520w (already own)
artic silver 5
evga 7800 gt
gskill 2x512 ddr400
thermaltake soprano case
western digital 74gb raptor sata 150
generic all in one combo dvd rw drive
plz answer me, im stupid

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
the arctic silver 5 wont fit..... its a 386 dichromium sample, the TT saprano case is only a 214 dichromium sample.... not compatible, if u put them together it will cause the AS5 to reach critical mass and cause a nuclear reaction... not good...

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
LOL ok i was just kidding, it all looks good and will make a nice computer...good luck with the build man!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
it looks good. You might want to think about going to 2gb of RAM... I'mkingking myself for only getting a gb.

also, your psu may not be the greatest for that system.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Are you sure you don't want to save about $70 and go w/ two 80GB hdd's in RAID-0??

Other than that, its a great system.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
sweet looking rig, but i gotta agree with lightsource here - two 80bg's in RAID0 is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by masterofthepuppets99

well i just bought the psu(lol) and umm it had great reviews on newegg.com so yah, thanks for the help im gonna have fun building it!!

yeah aspire psus are decent, especially for the money... the problem is that most people on newegg don't really have powerful rigs so they'll get an aspire psu and rave about how good it is and how much they saved... yeah, I fell into the same trap last year w/ a 500w Aspire psu... it couldn't power this system:
3200+venice @2.4
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
2x MSI 6600GT (non OC'd)
Audigy 2 ZS
2x Seagate SATA hd
DVD drive
DVD burner
floppy
5 case fans

the rails would just jump all over the place when I put a load on the system. if I put the cpu at 2.0 and took out one of the gfx cards it was great, but not w/ everything in there. So, Aspire makes some decent psus... but they aren't good for high end systems and they don't perform well under pressure.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i think that 2 sata hdds in raid 0 is more expensive than a single 74gb raptor.... and wont have much of a performance gain,if any....

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
my 2 drives cost about $120 which is less... much less and are faster than a single 74gb raptor

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
bah... i hear so much mixed info on the raid 0,raptor being as good as two other drives in raid 0, then no its not.... reviews all differ,i think it preference...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:

well i plan on later buying another raptor and putting them in raid 0

Make sure you get lots of lights and flashing things - they make all the difference!

Seriously though, when you put the PC together take your time and dont rush to turn it on. I built one recently and the PCI Express card was the last thing to come through (delebrate by me). knowing myself i would have not screwed it all together properly and it would have been a mess.

My tower took about 2 hours to put together and then another 10 mins for the PCI Express radeon card.

The benefits are that all the wies are neat and tidy, there is good airflow, all the screws are in place and i would think my pc will last longer because of it.

Just dont rush and you should have a nice PC.

Let us know how it performs.

"The one common thing about every aspect of life is that you will always want more than you have....
"

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Quote:

i need help on verifying that thesse parts are all gonna fit together and crap so ive decided taht im getting:
amd athlon 64 939 3200+ venice e6
asus a8n5x (already own)
aspire 520w (already own)
artic silver 5
evga 7800 gt
gskill 2x512 ddr400
thermaltake soprano case
western digital 74gb raptor sata 150
generic all in one combo dvd rw drive
plz answer me, im stupid

wait... I am stupid, you are masterofpuppets99 fool!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts