Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LG G6 that is one month out of warranty. It got the Oreo update on 7/7 and it basically broke the phone. It now frequently disconnects from the network and shows the searching for service icon at the top. I have tried everything that I could find online, including resetting the network settings and doing a factory reset on the phone. Nothing seems to have helped. I went in to a Tmobile store today and the guy there told me that it will most likely get fixed by a software update soon but he doesn't know when it will happen. Since my phone is 1 month out of warranty it seems like Tmobile really only wants to sell me a new phone and tell me I should have paid extra for device protection. Does anyone have any ideas? It just doesn't seem right that my phone was broken by a Tmobile update yet they won't do anything to resolve the issue besides ask me to spend more money.

·
...and you'll FLOAT TOO!!
4,035 Posts
Have you looked around the XDA Developers site? They're the main site I know of that would be able to thoroughly assist with smartphone issues - there's probably already a thread there for your situation. (The thumbs-up smiley would have been here, but this site transition still sucks)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts