Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I thought the video card was the problem but then I tried running equally demanding games on steam (metro 2033) vs battlefield 3 and crysis 2. I didn't experience any crashing on metro, but when I play crysis 2, it hard locks after ~5 minutes of gameplay. Same goes for battlefield 3. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by UZ7 View Post

If you're coming from a previous video card, reinstall the drivers and you can even use DDU if you'd like to clear it out before reinstalling drivers.
I have already done that twice.

EDIT: I should also mention that I have run intelburntest and furmark for a good 30 minutes each and there seems to be no problems.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulwrath View Post

This might be a stretch but the issue may lie with your PSU? what type of 290x did you get? maybe your PSU does not provide the adequate power?
It's a corsair 650tx and I'm using a stock reference 290x.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulwrath View Post

Check the temps when you play, crysis is a very demanding game, may be due to VRMs overheating, is your fan profile @ 100%?
It doesn't go past 85C in games and 94C in furmark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon1 View Post

Do you have something like afterburner or Fraps running? If you do, disable Origin in game.
I uninstalled afterburner and don't have FRAPS.

I'm guessing this is a DRM issue? I'm going to wipe my PC and do a fresh install of everything and see if that changes anything.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so I reinstalled origin first to see if that was the problem, and apparently it was. I find it weird that the whole system hard locked though. I always thought when it does that, it's a hardware related problem.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom55520 View Post

Ok, so I reinstalled origin first to see if that was the problem, and apparently it was. I find it weird that the whole system hard locked though. I always thought when it does that, it's a hardware related problem.
That very recent Origin update did the same to me. I thought hardware at first too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ive never been able to get origin to run. always crashes, dont even have to be in a game and orgin crashes on both my ITX builds...gave up on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts