• Sell it and buy something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello OCN,

I just picked up an H60 (old style) for a PC I was building for my brother that had a 4670K on it, he was adamant about not having any water cooling and decided to hold off on doing any processor cooling at all. I managed to OC it at 4.2 on the stock cooler with an H81 chipset and keep it below 85* on IBT High, but that's another story for another day.

I'm now finishing up my build which will be a 4770K with 2x 290's. I want to push the OC on this CPU as far as the silicon will let me, should I use this cooler, mod it (and how so exactly?) or sell it and get something else. I know all about these "hotswell" processors (reminds me of the Prescott P4's back in the day and know it needs to be cooled.

Any advice?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'ts hard to sell 2ndhands and it's surely gonna to keep your cpu cool enough, it's aint a perfect cooler and it's kinda loud. I bet a new CM Seidon 120v would cool better on the same "loudness" and it's only 40 dollar or so, ..

·
Registered
71 Posts
They's tested the h60 only at full and the 120v at low and full so what do you mean? (120v came out 10th of the 200?)

Still, since you've got it already I see no reason to buy a new aircooler, i would use it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts