Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an e6600, and whenever I run Orthos it reports my CPU speed incorrectly. It seems to multiply the FSB by the stock Multiplier of 9 of the e6600 - regardless of what my Multi is set at. So if I'm at 400x8 (3.2GHz), it shows 3600MHz (or 400x9).

Is this a problem or not a bid deal? I'm running it in Vista, so maybe that has something to do with it....

Any ideas?

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
This happened when I was useing XP. It seems to be a common occurance when the multiplier is lowered on Core 2 systems. I'm willing to bet that your My Computer -> Properties is also showing 3.6Ghz. CPU-Z will always show your actual clock speed though.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choggs396
View Post

I have an e6600, and whenever I run Orthos it reports my CPU speed incorrectly. It seems to multiply the FSB by the stock Multiplier of 9 of the e6600 - regardless of what my Multi is set at. So if I'm at 400x8 (3.2GHz), it shows 3600MHz (or 400x9).

Is this a problem or not a bid deal? I'm running it in Vista, so maybe that has something to do with it....

Any ideas?

Not a problem at all. It does it to me also on several mobo's. It wont effect the results at all.

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Same happens to me, it seems to register wrong in almost everything except CPU-Z. A pain when benchmarking mostly as your results won't be trusted by ppl because of it.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choggs396
View Post

Any ideas?

it does it mine to its like 400mhz off

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have Vista X64 and a P5K Deluxe it does the same thing, well not really, it shows the stock speeds(266x9 fsb) when in reality im running my E6600 at 3.6 Ghz, or 9x400 fsb. Also in my system properties it reads 2.4 Ghz and i havent been able to fix it, its a wonder that a 2.4 Ghz Cpu gets a score of 5.8, Hmmm...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts