Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by GivingHope
View Post

I think it is against the EULA but people still do it anyway like Psystar.

yeah, ive seen it, but how do u install it. the reason why i ask is because itunes in osx works better than itunes in vista plus osx is only $149
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,487 Posts
It is illegal to install OSX on anything but an Apple.
Talking about how to do so is considered software piracy and can not be discussed here.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
15,777 Posts
I hate MAC but I can't say anything bad about the OS cuz I haven't tried it but I really want to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,594 Posts
I have tried my friends MacBook as well as a older g4 iBook and i have to say, OSX isnt really all that impressive, its not that much more user friendly than windows or linux.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,135 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!!
View Post

I hate MAC but I can't say anything bad about the OS cuz I haven't tried it but I really want to


It sucks, people only install OSX on their PC to troll and brag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Installing onto your pc is not often easy as there can be many hardware pains as well as somethings just straight out not working, But they did make it a bit easier by moving to more mainstream hardware lately.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,561 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by eureka
View Post

It sucks, people only install OSX on their PC to troll and brag.

You must have had a bad experience then! I installed it on my Dell XPS M1710 laptop, and I thought it was pretty good. The only reason I went back to Vista was the urge to play L4D and other games! It seems pretty finicky though, my Dell is the only machine I've got it to work on - most otehr PCs come up with installation errors e.t.c.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
Well i think there may be some hardware incompatibilities like you may need to use an external dvd burner if osx doesnt recognize yours as a mac dvd burner. Im not sure if thats correct but I remember reading something like this...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

Well i think there may be some hardware incompatibilities like you may need to use an external dvd burner if osx doesnt recognize yours as a mac dvd burner. Im not sure if thats correct but I remember reading something like this...

I don't believe that is true as it has been done on regular computers with whatever brands and not superdrive's but for all i know they could have modified the images so who knows, but you could be correct.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,135 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by woodpigeon4
View Post

You must have had a bad experience then! I installed it on my Dell XPS M1710 laptop, and I thought it was pretty good. The only reason I went back to Vista was the urge to play L4D and other games! It seems pretty finicky though, my Dell is the only machine I've got it to work on - most otehr PCs come up with installation errors e.t.c.

My point exactly.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
15,777 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by eureka
View Post

It sucks, people only install OSX on their PC to troll and brag.

I know but I'm a legit critic, I can't criticize it without fact and real experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by eureka
View Post

It sucks, people only install OSX on their PC to troll and brag.

not really, its just their products are insanely expensive (hardware) without having any real proof that its faster than a dell, hp, toshiba, alienware, etc.
That's why tech savy people just buys the os and not their hardware. lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,017 Posts
You can legally do this, if you buy the Installation CD and get a registered key from Newegg or something. However, you would be breaking the Apple EULA, however, I don't think that breaking a company's EULA is breaking the law, since it is not the law, it is just the companies terms of service.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top