Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sale over. Hope everyone interested was able to snag one in time.

Today only, get em while they last.

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

PS - they also have a $199.99 Nokia Lumia 900 16GB for AT&T. No idea if that is a good deal but I do know people were raving about that phone a while back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,307 Posts
wow i am pissed. paid almost $100 (70AR) with newegg. this doesnt have a rebate to mess around with too.

will newegg price match this??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Are these actually wireless... it doesn't seem like they are... ??????
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Are these actually wireless... it doesn't seem like they are... ??????
They are all wired. 1saleaday has some of them poorly described.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post

They are all wired. 1saleaday has some of them poorly described.
OK.

frown.gif
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might help if you are unfamiliar with the keyboards:

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/

Switch types are listed in the titles on 1saleaday, except for the rapid, which although unlabeled, has red switches.

Just a few hours left. Snagged my GF a rapid, hopefully some other users can take advantage of this sale to grab an awesome mechanical board on a good discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
I have to use a wireless one... my PC is around 15ft away from where I sit. You can see here... behind the blue couch. Gotta keep looking for a good wireless mechanical KB then... I'm sure one will be made soon.
frown.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Which keyboard is everyone going for?

I have a regular razer blackwidow but I hate that its super glossy and looking for something better maybe. Will the quickfire rapid be a decent improvement?
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post

Which keyboard is everyone going for?

I have a regular razer blackwidow but I hate that its super glossy and looking for something better maybe. Will the quickfire rapid be a decent improvement?
If I were to buy one for myself today, it would be the Rapid. It's a very nice, well built board, and IMO cherry MX red switches are a perfect match for the TKL layout.

That said, I already own a cherry MX blue full size board. If I did not, the Trigger with blue switches would also be on my list
wink.gif


Both are better in terms of build quality compared to the black widow. Between the two of them, they each have strengths and weaknesses, it pretty much comes down to user preference and usage style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Ok ordered a Rapid. The macro keys on my blackwidow piss me off and I never use the keypad anyways. Plus I think the blackwidow switches I have are brown. Should be a nice change to go from brown to red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
just jumped in and bought a quickfire pro, gonna refuse my newegg one. Pretty stoked to see how these compare to my black switches
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearie View Post

just jumped in and bought a quickfire pro, gonna refuse my newegg one. Pretty stoked to see how these compare to my black switches
Browns? Worlds better than blacks, but that's just my opinion. I don't particularly like blacks.Personally I feel they are pretty ill-suited to anyone who inst a massive lumbering klutz who needs help not pressing all the keys next to the key they were aiming for - and at that point, the blacks still probably aren't stuff enough to accomplish that goal.

Honestly though, Browns are probably my second least favorite cherry MX switch
tongue.gif
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sale over. Hope everyone interested was able to snag one in time.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Desperation

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Thanks for informing me of this sweet sweet deal... was researching mechanical keyboards for a few days now and wanted brown switches but was going to get the quickfire rapid blue switch for $65 but instead now I've snagged a quickfire pro brown switch for $5 cheaper,
rolleyes.gif


I've never used a mechanical keyboard before, now to wait 8 years to receive it.
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperation View Post

Thanks for informing me of this sweet sweet deal... was researching mechanical keyboards for a few days now and wanted brown switches but was going to get the quickfire rapid blue switch for $65 but instead now I've snagged a quickfire pro brown switch for $5 cheaper,
rolleyes.gif


I've never used a mechanical keyboard before, now to wait 8 years to receive it.
Haha, I hear you on the shipping. Glad you were able to take advantage of the sale. I was personally really hoping they would have the Trigger in green, but alas lucky was not with me THAT much
tongue.gif
 

·
Eh, Wha?
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post

Man it sure takes them a while to ship stuff. My order still says processing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post

yeah it said 7-10 days before it would ship when i ordered mine such a debacle
Not really sure what you guys expected. 1saleaday is almost always slow with shipping, especially when the shipping is free, the discount is substantial, or the volume of orders is large.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top