Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'am a newbie at this. i have a amd sempron 2200+ my motherboard is a asrock (K7S41GX) is it worth overclocking and how far can i go.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrseydev
hi i'am a newbie at this. i have a amd sempron 2200+ my motherboard is a asrock (K7S41GX) is it worth overclocking and how far can i go.
Everything is worth overclocking. You learn and you will always get at least a bit extra performance out of your hardware.

If you go to your User C/P (upper left corener) on the website and fill out your profile we will be able to help you better because we'll know exacly what you're working with. (everything is important, the more detail the better)

How far can you go??? That'll depend on the rest of your hardware, your computer is only as overclockable as it's weakest link
. Get the profile thing out of the way and we'll do out best to help you out.

Welcome to overclock.net

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Welcome to OC.net! Your sure to get the help you need from the helpful people here when it comes to getting your rig overclocked to its max!

In my experiences the Semprons can be a tough processor to overclock, but that may also be due to the cheap mobo's that I've run the Semprons on (mainly my mothers computer). Currently the max I can get my moms Sempron to is 1900mhz before it becomes unstable, and I've tweaked the everlovin crap out of multipliers and memory timing to no success at getting it any higher. Mind you I built that computer with all new parts for under $350

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
damn, i did the same CPU and mobo, got it up to 2.4GHz... if you are using the stock fan, try 233FSB, if you bought a good fan, try, what was it now......?, um, 266FSB

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******
Welcome to Overclock.Net! Your sure to get the help you need from the helpful people here when it comes to getting your rig overclocked to its max!

In my experiences the Semprons can be a tough processor to overclock, but that may also be due to the cheap mobo's that I've run the Semprons on (mainly my mothers computer). Currently the max I can get my moms Sempron to is 1900mhz before it becomes unstable, and I've tweaked the everlovin crap out of multipliers and memory timing to no success at getting it any higher. Mind you I built that computer with all new parts for under $350

actually, i found them to be very easy to overclock.

but that's just me

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:

Hey man, Welcome to the Forum!
Ok, Im running the exact same setup as you except that I have a 2400+. (Stock speed is 1.66Ghz)*I think that the 2200 runs stock 1.5 right?* Same mobo though. So far, with the stock heatsink and fan and two exaust fans out the back of my comp, I have got my comp to 2.0Ghz. It runs stable and works like a charm. The multiplyer on the sempron is permanently locked which sux absolute but you can run yuor FSB qu9ite a bit higher. Whats your ram like? It can hinder how high you can send your FSB.

Edit: I run 200fsb with a multi of 10.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by klewiss

actually, i found them to be very easy to overclock.

but that's just me

Thats because you probably didnt build your entire system for under $350 and include both a DVD burner, CD burner, and a SATA hd, lol.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
oic... ouch, lol

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
256, or 128?
or 64 or 32 or 16 or 8 or 4 or 2 or 1 or .5 or .25? lol

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

256, or 128?
or 64 or 32 or 16 or 8 or 4 or 2 or 1 or .5 or .25? lol

512 actually, lol.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
damn, thats a good buy.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

damn, thats a good buy.
Bargain bin wal-mart crap, no guarantee if it even works or not, rofl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
a have a sempron 2200+ on a Asus K8n mainboard. the eal freq of the sempron is 1.6 ghz. how can i overclock it??
thanx

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
I have the same motherboard running an Athlon 2500, it's fabulous for overclocking even if it is only a $50 mobo. that's the 266FSB right? so you should be able to push it around to 290FSB, or leave the FSB the same and there is a series of little jumpers onthe top left of your board which allow you to unlock your multiplier. in the bios you can boost your CPU voltage by 3% or 6%, I'd only do the 3% because the 6% will really boost your CPU heat, so unless you have aftermarket cooling, which I doubt then the 3% should be plenty for some stability

1 - 16 of 16 Posts