Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a gtx970 and wanted to try some overclocking. i already reaches 1392 MHz in max boost, but i see that the "voltage limit" is always top in MSI afterburner.
- I just wanted to try to raise 12,5mV through NVidia Inspector to try it out. Is It Safe? -

PS: max temp reached is 79-80

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have a gtx970 and wanted to try some overclocking. i already reaches 1392 MHz in max boost, but i see that the "voltage limit" is always top in MSI afterburner.
- I just wanted to try to raise 12,5mV through NVidia Inspector to try it out. Is It Safe? -

PS: max temp reached is 79-80
You can max out the voltage sliders in OC software. The voltages you can set are completely safe even +87mV or whatever your maximum + offset is.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You might work on cooling it better first. The voltage is safe but if you're already at 80c I doubt the extra voltage is going to get you any extra clock speed.
Since it's a Maxwell card you should be able to re-paste the GPU and flash a custom BIOS to get much more clock speed so long as temps are good. When I did my 980 FTW BIOS and paste I managed about a 250mhz core OC and ended up with a card that ran cooler than stock.
Iirc it ended up at 1493mhz and usually ran in the high 60s.
That thing wouldn't OC at all without a BIOS mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts