Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think around summer time i may go water cooled, but just for the cpu, unless i can find a good stock air cooler that suits me. Now my question is once you guys have went from air to water, what was a round a bout temp decrease under load? People with all chip sets are welcome to answer but i am mainly looking for my chip set i7 920.

thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I saw about 10-15c drops in load temps going from a Thermaltake V1 to water.

• Rep+
Reactions: sotorious

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, yea i am trying to perpare for the heat wave, as i dont want to dust my computer every month! this chip gets pretty hot underload.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
My cpu idles right at body temp in a 70F household enviroment.
Does not go above 60C ever anymore and I'm oc'd to 4.02 i7920

• Rep+
Reactions: sotorious

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yeah.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well maybe to get more specific if someone can post with 25 to 29 c ambient temp that would be REALLY great.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You need to do maintenance, usually twice a year. A complete teardown should probaly be at least once a year.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sotorious
View Post

well maybe to get more specific if someone can post with 25 to 29 c ambient temp that would be REALLY great.

It is impossible to run under ambients with conventional watercooling. The air cooling radiator will only cool the water to the ambient temp not under the ambients. I think that was what your reply meant????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts