Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this short overclocking review I will test the Intel 12th gen. Alder Lake Celeron G6900 CPU and it's IGP what they are capable of.

Let's see the base performance with ASUS B660-F motherboard,
Green Rectangle Font Biome Slope

As reference the first gen. AMD Llano APU in 2011 could do only 880 points in 3DMark11 in best case. Now the cheapest Intel CPU can do easily more points. Also worth to mention the single core performance in CPU-Z, because it's already not bad!

Overclocking,
Font Red Screenshot Technology Software

I applied 3way overclocking, first I overclocked the CPU with increasing BCLK frequency. Unfortunately this processor has quite low 34x locked multipliers. This low multiplier actually limited my overclocking, because Windows does not wanted to be stable over 141MHz bus frequency. It means the CPU will run at 4800MHz and i used only 1.25V to achive, maybe even less would have been enough.
I also overclocked the memory modules to 6200MHz and I thightened the timings low as possible.
The IGP got overclocked too, the bios allowed me to go until 1833MHz from the base 1300MHz. Here also the low multipliers limited me. Adjusting voltage to IGP was not necessary.

So lets see after all these adjustment how is the cheapest Intel CPU performing,
Ecoregion Green Water Nature Natural environment

The 3DMark11 score increased by 146%, also worth to check the graphics and Physics scores separetaly. And CPU-Z shows nice performace incresement too, the single core performance is higher than any AMD processor can do. Pretty awesome from a Celeron!

Hope you enjoyed guys...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fun, but i dont see with delidded Celeron i could accomplish higher clocks in this motherboard :D. Actually maybe i could switch NVME frequency lower somehow, so the sysem could boot with higher base frequency?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts