Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be overclocking my system, ram and processor and was needing some help/suggestions

EPoX 9npa+sli mobo
2x1ghz corsair xms ddr400
500w aspire ps
4400+ toledo w/thermaltake big typhoon
2x evga 7800gt sli

any help is greatly appreciated. thx

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Do you have it yet or not?

I would go with a bit higher wattage PSU if ur gonna be SLI......something like the Seasonic S12-600.

You shoudl be able to OC the proc to 2.7 GHz no problem. PM me when you get it, and i'll give you some settings to work with.

I would go with either the DFI nf4-sli DR-Expert or the ASUS A8n-sli deluxe mobos if you want the most out of your overclocking experience. You may have to shell out a few more clams, but it will be worth it....trust me....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r

I would go with either the DFI nf4-sli DR-Expert or the ASUS A8n-sli deluxe mobos if you want the most out of your overclocking experience. You may have to shell out a few more clams, but it will be worth it....trust me....

Go with the DFI...WAY better for overclocking. You may be in over your head at first but once you learn some stuff you will be so happy you got it. And the A8Ns are good, but mine only lets me go to 1.45v vcore :/.

But that is a pretty sweet system you got there, but like hardwater said you're not going to want that mobo. And buying a nice PSU is a worthy investment that will last for a couple years...and if you do get that one make sure it's SLi certified and preferably the amps on the 12v rails should be over 18.

·
Registered
367 Posts
hardwater hacker....I am having a few probs with mine, I got a good enough system and I have had it to 2.64 with no probs until the other day when it decided to reset itself to default???

I want to push it higher though I have an AKASA EVO120 on it and my temps are low and stable

could you give me all the settings I would need to put it to 2.7 aswell if possible a reason why my AI booster says my cpu is default but bios says overclocked, it is actually defaulted from what I see on benchmarks

how did you get yours to 2.8? ever tried going for 3.0?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have already recieved all my components and im not going for a MASSIVE overclock. im just kinda new to it all and wanna get my feet wet a little. im just having trouble deciphering all the ram timing settings. i heard with my ram its nice to go with 2-3-3-6 but dont know what that means.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts