Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me i have an Intel Celeron 800mhz processor, 66mhz bus frequency and L2 128kb cache. How would i go about overclocking it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,500 Posts
Well if you dont have a mobo that is able to overclock then you cant overclock the cpu sorry,
but that is the way it works with overclocking a cpu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
As long as it's not a proprietary motherboard, read the Intel Overclocking Guide post in this forum, then post any further questions you may have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by systemaxd
Well if you dont have a mobo that is able to overclock then you cant overclock the cpu sorry,
but that is the way it works with overclocking a cpu.
- How do i find out if my mb can overclock?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,500 Posts
When you enter the BIOS during startup by pressing a given key you will somewhere have the option to change the fsb (front side bus) and by doing that you will be ocing your cpu, but if that option is not there then you cant oc for that system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuna-the-fish
- How do i find out if my mb can overclock?
Do you have a proprietary motherboard? ie, made by Dell, Gateway...
If so, you won't be able to overclock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok my mobo can't be overclocked
Anyway i was thinking of getting a new computer, although 800mhz is mind blowingly fast i think its time for me to upgrade. Which processor would you reccomend for gaming, Pentium 4, or AMD athlon, i always hear different opinions but the people on here sound like they know what they are talking about
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,500 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuna-the-fish
Ok my mobo can't be overclocked
Anyway i was thinking of getting a new computer, although 800mhz is mind blowingly fast i think its time for me to upgrade. Which processor would you reccomend for gaming, Pentium 4, or AMD athlon, i always hear different opinions but the people on here sound like they know what they are talking about

Well what type of gameing are you thinking of mild gameing such as C&C, or extreme gameing, like doom 3 and half life 2, for the average user a nice 2.8GHZ + would be aceptable in todays standards and for the extreme gamer a nice amd 64 3800 world do the job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im looking for A gaming computer, not extreme im not after the latest HT processor, and im only looking for the base unit
How much would a 2.8 set me back??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi I'm new here, just started overclocking myself. I put together a nice 2.8ghz system for only $750, all parts from newegg.com. Of course that easily went over $800 when I bought all the extras, lighting, as5, wire sleeving etc.
Specs:
Gigabyte 8I915G Pro
2.8ghz P4 Prescott LGA775
Dual channel PC3200 512mb PQI Turbo mem
Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro 128mb GDDR3
POWMAX Demon 480W psu
Rosewill Black combo drive 52xsomethingxsomethingxsomething
+mods
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifter
Hi I'm new here, just started overclocking myself. I put together a nice 2.8ghz system for only $750, all parts from newegg.com. Of course that easily went over $800 when I bought all the extras, lighting, as5, wire sleeving etc.
Specs:
Gigabyte 8I915G Pro
2.8ghz P4 Prescott LGA775
Dual channel PC3200 512mb PQI Turbo mem
Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro 128mb GDDR3
POWMAX Demon 480W psu
Rosewill Black combo drive 52xsomethingxsomethingxsomething
+mods
Can you please post this information in the New Members section, so that we can give you the proper welcome?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top