Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, its my first time posting here, ive been overclocking my hardware for years, most recently was my eeepc 900, i overclocked both the celeron processor and the GMA that it comes with. now i have a new HP DM1z with an AMD Neo K625 processor and ATI Radeon 4225 graphics, i have been trying to find a way to overclock the graphics but nothing seems to work.

i have tried using MSI Afterburner, ATI tools, pretty much everything, nothing seems to work. is there a way i can unlock ATI overdrive for this? i have tried various methods but none seem to work.

also if anyone can help me overclock the cpu also, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolman4now View Post
- Will you gain any performance in such a low end graphic processor ?
AMD's current desktop IGP's are known to hit 1ghz core quite often, and can be OC-ed in the BIOS.

The benefit on a laptop won't outweigh the extra heat and power consumption though.
(Not to mention the BIOS in most laptops won't allow for overclocking)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant exactly get a new card, its an integraded graphics processor, which may be why its difficult to overclock.

and its not old, it was announced earlier this year to accompany amd's nile platform.

i just want to get the most juice out of this thing, atm it kind of struggles playing 1080P videos and im sure if i overclock it, it will be able to play them easily.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't think you can overclock integrated GPUs.

Even if it wasn't integrated, your performance boost would be minimal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i understand that the performance gain might be minimal, all that aside i still want to try to overclock, like i said before, i want to get the most juice out of this thing.

anyone know if i can somehow get ati overdrive to work? i think that amd disables it for integraded gpu's and i think there may be some way to get it to work, i was looking through some of the ati catalyst files and saw that it still had overdrive programmed in it, but i dont know how to activate it.

If no one can help me overclock the gpu, can anyone help me overclock the cpu? setFSB didnt work, well the freeware version didnt work, the shareware version picked up everything, but i cant do anything with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rusty815, you can try overclock your 4225, using MSI Afterburner 2.0. First, you need to enable unofficial overclocking in afterburner.cfg. In my Acer 1551 it works successfully.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasancheg
View Post

rusty815, you can try overclock your 4225, using MSI Afterburner 2.0. First, you need to enable unofficial overclocking in afterburner.cfg. In my Acer 1551 it works successfully.

Hi, fist of all sorry for my awful english.

I'm trying to oc my Acer 1551-4665 (K325, 2x1GB, 250GB HDD) but I'm not able to do it.
After modifing afterburner.cfg, clock sliders activate, but the frecuency values apear to be changed.
I mean, gpu clock shows 200mhz and mem clock 380mhz.

Which catalyst and bios version hace you installed? I'm currently with catalyst 10.12 and 1.11 bios.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by odefruto;11772363
Hi, fist of all sorry for my awful english.

I'm trying to oc my Acer 1551-4665 (K325, 2x1GB, 250GB HDD) but I'm not able to do it.
After modifing afterburner.cfg, clock sliders activate, but the frecuency values apear to be changed.
I mean, gpu clock shows 200mhz and mem clock 380mhz.

Which catalyst and bios version hace you installed? I'm currently with catalyst 10.12 and 1.11 bios.

Thanks.
The same here, but cpu can be overclocked via set FSB ICS9LPRS480BKL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaster;11874927
The same here, but cpu can be overclocked via set FSB ICS9LPRS480BKL
Thanks for the setfsb info, that can be useful. I just have to find the correct medicine to make it work.

I'm not sure how much I'm ocing the HD4225, but I'm using AMD GPU Clock Tool v0.9.26.0. I set GPU speed and apply, although the shown speed isn't right, I've noticed an important gain in 3dmark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts