Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when idling my 5750 at stock speeds/settings, my speeds actually do idle at 150/300 or so, but when I apply my OC profile in Afterburner, it stays at a constant 840/1200.

Now I'm told this is unusual behavior, and the high settings are supposed to be max speeds, not constant minimum. Is there a way to have it idle even while OCed?

It certainly is not idling, not just speed mis-reads, cause temps go up.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Not unusual, whoever told you that doesn't know about overclocking video cards.

The same with cpu when you overclock your cpu, it doesn't down clock itself unless you have EIST on, but then in relation to the video card there is no EIST for video card so when you overclock your your video card, the clocks will operate at a specific speed period, no downclocking at all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilraver018;12027854
Not unusual, whoever told you that doesn't know about overclocking video cards.

The same with cpu when you overclock your cpu, it doesn't down clock itself unless you have EIST on, but then in relation to the video card there is no EIST for video card so when you overclock your your video card, the clocks will operate at a specific speed period, no downclocking at all.
OC should only apply to the 3D profile, not the 2D. Actually, it's an issue with the ATi drivers, as I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzeboss;12027937
Actually, it's an issue with the ATi drivers, as I don't have that problem.
That's pretty much what I was told.
Will I pretty much have to manually revert and apply OC every time I wish to then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts