Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i want to overclock my processor ,it's a celeron 2.40 ghz
because i'll buy a 6600gt and everyone says that it will be a bottleneck with this processor
the problem is i have a asrock mobo
and i'm really a newbie

the question;
how can i overclock my celeron 2.40 ghz with an asrock GE PRO-HT(s478/L/gift/asrk) mobo

please help

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
consult the intel overclocking guide for instructions, but also search the BIOS in your mobo to see if the frequencies are locked.
If they are locked then you cannot OC with that mobo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkanb

hi,
i want to overclock my processor ,it's a celeron 2.40 ghz
because i'll buy a 6600gt and everyone says that it will be a bottleneck with this processor
the problem is i have a asrock mobo
and i'm really a newbie

the question;
how can i overclock my celeron 2.40 ghz with an asrock GE PRO-HT(s478/L/gift/asrk) mobo

please help

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Yup, with that setup, your being screwed over by your processor.
...BUT...
A little overclock might fix that. I'm using a 9800PRO 128mb. When I run my Celeron at its normal 2.4, I notice the card is being limited. When I throw it up to 3.4Ghz, I notice quite the difference. Just make sure you give it lots of voltage when you overclock it (thats if your motherboard allow you to, or even overclock for that matter) because these CPU's are power hungry. Even when running with 1.6V Vcore I don't notice much of a temp increase from stock (1.4v).
Good luck with OC'in, hope you have as much luck as I did with my Celeron, lol.
I just check your motherboard, it says that you have something called "Hybrid Booster". If its anything like the software overclocking on the BIOSTAR boards, you'll be able to adjust everything through it. It didn't say anything about the bios overclocking options though..

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
if there is a software OCing program, then u can probly use the bios too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

here's some pictures of the bios

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...b/P1010002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...b/P1010005.jpg

i cant change the "cpu host frequency' and 'actual frequency'
and i cant unlock the 'cpu ratio selection'.

is there a proram or what else to unlock things like 'to be able to change the frequency ?

but i can change the pci clocks ,do u know whats this

She's good there Captain! lol
Theres no Vcore, bu you can do without for a while...
Follow the Intel Overclocking guide to find your max OC. With the processor you've got, your going to hit AT LEAST 2.8 until you start to need Vcore. I had mine running @3.2 for about two hours of prime95 on 1.4v until the computer shut-down, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

She's good there Captain! lol
Theres no Vcore, bu you can do without for a while...
Follow the Intel Overclocking guide to find your max OC. With the processor you've got, your going to hit AT LEAST 2.8 until you start to need Vcore. I had mine running @3.2 for about two hours of prime95 on 1.4v until the computer shut-down, lol.

so can i ocerclock me processor ??,
how then?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

so can i ocerclock me processor ??,
how then?

Give this a good reading and you should understand the basics, but remember, always watch your temps. For that Celeron, you should be getting idle temps of about the room temp, and for load you should be getting between 30-40c. For the Celerons, the max temp it can handle would be about 60c.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
my mobo is an asrock p4vt8+ and it has the same setup in the bios as yours all you have to do is unlock the cpu frequencyby enableing the cpu host frequency from "AUTO" TO "MANUEL" then just cange the actual frequency by 2 or 3 mh at a time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts