Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how to overclock my fx5200 128mb...

should i increase the core clock frequency???

how about memory clock frequency???increase or decrease it???

have any suggestion what the ideal value for core clock frequency and memory clock frequency???

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
check out the overclocking guide, that should help alot..its in videocard section

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Start off with the core clock. Bump 2-3Mhz at a time and run 3Dmark'03 game 4 and watch closely for artifacting (Strange lines flashing randomly on the screen). If you see none, go a little higher until you do. Once you see them, back off 1mhz at a time 'till their gone. Then start with the memory, the same way. If you are looking to do some serious overclocking, I would think about getting an Arctic Silencer to keep the memory and core as cool as possible. Watch your temps too, they will also determine where you top out at, if the card gets too hot without artifacting, you could risk smoking it.
Let us know how you do, and post some pre-overclocking and post-overclocking results. I am curious to how well the 5200 will overclock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

Start off with the core clock. Bump 2-3Mhz at a time and run 3Dmark'03 game 4 and watch closely for artifacting (Strange lines flashing randomly on the screen). If you see none, go a little higher until you do. Once you see them, back off 1mhz at a time 'till their gone. Then start with the memory, the same way. If you are looking to do some serious overclocking, I would think about getting an Arctic Silencer to keep the memory and core as cool as possible. Watch your temps too, they will also determine where you top out at, if the card gets too hot without artifacting, you could risk smoking it.
Let us know how you do, and post some pre-overclocking and post-overclocking results. I am curious to how well the 5200 will overclock.

i was overclock my core and memory just below the warning value(315 and 333)...i use riva tuner....its that stable for my pc???how should i know??

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sretupmocx

i was overclock my core and memory just below the warning value(315 and 333)...i use riva tuner....its that stable for my pc???how should i know??

You will know once you benchmark and see if you have artifacting. If there is no artifacting, then your card is stable (just watch the temps). Also, I used to use a hack to be able to overclock right from the Nvidia Tray icon, I can't remember it right now, but it is really easy, you should try overclocking that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i clocked my 5200 but it got very hot, anyone know of a way to get the temperature without touching it to see if it hurts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts